My professor's hair... a love story.

However some people are not approachable. For example just yesterday I was coming from work and I saw a young lady with really pretty long natural hair and I was going to give her a compliment but just as I was about to open my mouth she gave me the dirtiest look in the world. Which was weird I could do nothing, but look confused. But then again I work in Detroit their aren't many friendly females out here. There are some, but not many.

I tried to compliment a girl once, but she just said "thanks" in the most stank, unappreciative way. But I told myself, "you know what? it's hot out, maybe she's tired" and KIM. :yep:

we want pictures! we want pictures! lol

my english teacher last spring was natural with a low fade..looked better than most men's fresh cut..inspired me to bc..not quite that short though twa:grin:

Maybe she'll let you post a pic without showing her face. Or who knows she may not even care. But if I were you'd I'd only post a pic with her permission, not worth the risk.

we want pictures! we want pictures! lol

my english teacher last spring was natural with a low fade..looked better than most men's fresh cut..inspired me to bc..not quite that short though twa:grin:

I love short haircuts/fades on women! It really highlights their facial beauty. That's what I wanted to do originally. I'm scared that since I didn't, I'll always want to. :lol:

Maybe she'll let you post a pic without showing her face. Or who knows she may not even care. But if I were you'd I'd only post a pic with her permission, not worth the risk.

I have been thinking of asking. :yep: I have a lot of respect for her - I don't need her to lose her respect for me.

You know I don't post out here too much, and now I am waiting for this pic. Girl, get to it!!!!! LOL!!! You know we're impatient, LOL! Blur her face though. It would be hilarious if she was Niko's cousin, LMBO!!!

I hope that we're not putting too much pressure on you. We want to see the pic but I'm sure everyone will understand if you can't get it. We would just have to continue to use our imaginations, which isn't hard based on your description. Anyhow, this has been an exciting and interesting post whatever happens. :)

I hope that we're not putting too much pressure on you. We want to see the pic but I'm sure everyone will understand if you can't get it. We would just have to continue to use our imaginations, which isn't hard based on your description. Anyhow, this has been an exciting and interesting post whatever happens. :)

I definitely think I can do this. :yep: The brunch would be the perfect excuse to get a picture and I'll blur out her face, of course.

I see her Thursday, so then I'll ask her more about her regimen and products, maybe even direct to her my blog to maybe ease her into it. Before you know it, we may have a new Niko's cousin (if we don't already :look:). :grin:

Man, you got me stalking this thread. Your professor sounds like a really nice lady. I can't wait to see the pic.

Now wouldn't it be something if she has a bad hair day and shows up at the brunch with some tore up hair?! :lachen: Girl... you would have some hair stalkers mad at you! :drunk:

Now wouldn't it be something if she has a bad hair day and shows up at the brunch with some tore up hair?! :lachen: Girl... you would have some hair stalkers mad at you! :drunk:

That wouldn't be my fault! :lol:

I thought, what if she straightened it or something? You see angeit even had the nerve to say, "natural, please." Like she was making an order. :lachen:

I can get the pictures Friday, but my SO insists on taking me out AS SOON as class finishes. He says we'll be out all night and he won't even tell me what it is, but he's been giving me instructions all week. I don't know what to expect. So Saturday is probably my safest bet. :yep:

At this point, I expected her to say CHI or something, but she paused for a minute and said Gold n Hot! I was stunned.
Gold n Hot?! I'm stunned too! I stopped using my Gold n Hot flat iron because I couldn't get my hair straight with it.

Ok, I have jumped on the bandwagon and want to see this glorious mane u've so eloquently described! Lol.

When I started my locs, EVERY one's locs stood out to me. Before then I barely paid attention to them. And now that I'm natural, I look for curly fro's everywhere. It's crazy!

But I've learned not to admire beautiful natural hair around certain people (my mom in particular) they always find something wrong with it, if not the ENTIRE look itself. My mom thinks curly=nappy and that nappy=ugly. When I compliment someone she usually says something like "she needs to comb that mess!" Did I mention she HATES my hair?! Good thing I have a strong will (which I got from her) or else I would have slapped a perm in my post-loc hair a month ago! But we have to love our parents even if they are a little ignorant....right?! :ohwell:

Last edited:
But I've learned not to admire beautiful natural hair around certain people (my mom in particular) they always find something wrong with it, if not the ENTIRE look itself. My mom thinks curly=nappy and that nappy=ugly. When I compliment someone she usually says something like "she needs to comb that mess!" Ugh, it's SOOOO annoying. But we have to love our parents even if they are a little ignorant....right?! :ohwell:

Oohh, my mother and I nearly got into this morning (not really, but you know...) and I had to calm myself down by cutting the convo short. She's the woman who believes in nappy hair is bad hair, you can't use white people products, your hair will break off without a relaxer, yadda yadda yadda... I made an executive decision today to never talk to her again about hair. She'll be hating once my mane is as glorious as my teacher's! :gorgeous:

And I'll :rocker: all over the place.

^^I think a lot of folks mama's think that. It's their era. I grew up in the south and having lighter skin and straighter hair made you a lil more elite.:rolleyes: so since i am not straightening my hair on purpose, my folks don't understand it. they really do think it's not as attractive and makes me not as attractive. my older sis has locks that are MBL and they have grown to think they are ok over the years bc she colors them auburn and they are so long:rolleyes: i find myself rolling my eyes all the time now when i talk to them (or ignore them) about my hair:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I'm hoping it's just her age too. I have other family members that have been very encouraging and now that I think about it, they are younger than her! :yep:

Back