My new cut and COLOR!!!

wow :love: it looks so healthy and swingy!!!

Thanks BB, but is it bad that I want to go and jump in the shower right now???

I can't wait until I am all natural. You are one of my natural hair idols so this summer can't come soon enough (when I can get rid of the rest of the relaxed ends)

BB

It is so pretty and silky looking! I love the color, too. This is lovely.

Thank you!
I am so used to wearing my hair curly and even when I have made an attempt to flat iron it, it still is never this straight and silky feeling, so I need to go and wrap it so I can keep my hands out of my head!

Stunningly gorgeous!!!!!! Bravo on your accomplishments!

Thank you!
My mission will be complete once I get rid of the rest of the relaxed ends. I was thinking that it would take until the end of the year, but my brother says it's do-able by the end of the summer so I am making July my new goal to be 100% natural.

BB

If you don't mind, can you tell me what steps you took to transition and some of the products you use.

Your hair is really healthy looking, so if you decide to transition, at least you are starting at a healthy point!

When I was fully relaxed, I used to rollerset my hair anyway, so as I started my transition, I continued to rollerset and just flat iron my roots, then I would wrap my rollerset for my hair to be straight.

Before I wrapped my mind around transitioning to natural, I had already done a 6 month stretch, so I knew I could do it. If I wasn't rollersetting my hair, I was doing a flat twistout. (did rollersets more though)

As I got further on and the NG starting taking over, I started to do a lot of co-washing and bunning. Most people don't like to bun, but I really like the sleek look of a bun. Some of my staples are Tressemmee conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave In, and coconut oil. I stopped using shampoo a long time ago (it wrecked havoc on my already tangled hair) but once I started to really take my time and detangle my hair with a lot of conditioner, it was smooth sailing. As my transition progressed, it was difficult to wear my hair straight because of the contrast in the thickness of my NG and how the thin relaxed ends looked in comparison. After about a year, I no longer wore it straight but would let the stylist curl each section with the flat iron as he straightened it. I used one jumbo flexi rod to maintain the curls (like in my avitar). But I only went to the salon every few months to get relaxed ends cut off.

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you! I am so grateful that I have been able to keep it healthy throughout the transition, and I have to say that it came from really keeping the routine pretty simple.

Your hair is really healthy looking, so if you decide to transition, at least you are starting at a healthy point!

When I was fully relaxed, I used to rollerset my hair anyway, so as I started my transition, I continued to rollerset and just flat iron my roots, then I would wrap my rollerset for my hair to be straight.

Before I wrapped my mind around transitioning to natural, I had already done a 6 month stretch, so I knew I could do it. If I wasn't rollersetting my hair, I was doing a flat twistout. (did rollersets more though)

As I got further on and the NG starting taking over, I started to do a lot of co-washing and bunning. Most people don't like to bun, but I really like the sleek look of a bun. Some of my staples are Tressemmee conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave In, and coconut oil. I stopped using shampoo a long time ago (it wrecked havoc on my already tangled hair) but once I started to really take my time and detangle my hair with a lot of conditioner, it was smooth sailing. As my transition progressed, it was difficult to wear my hair straight because of the contrast in the thickness of my NG and how the thin relaxed ends looked in comparison. After about a year, I no longer wore it straight but would let the stylist curl each section with the flat iron as he straightened it. I used one jumbo flexi rod to maintain the curls (like in my avitar). But I only went to the salon every few months to get relaxed ends cut off.

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you for the info. I have a roller setting DVD a cousin gave me so I better go start practicing :perplexed

Your hair is exquisite. I've been relaxed since I was about 10 years old. I've never given much thought to going natural but you're hair has made me seriously think about it. I'm new to this forum and I just had to comment.

This is totally off topic and possibly a dumb question but how do you subscribe to a thread so you can find it easily?

wow, i am officially in awe. your hair is gorgeous. i mean wow, where is your fotki?? must be nice to have that swang.

What do you do to your hair now? It is soooo healthy looking!

BB

Thank you. prior to deciding to transition I was at the shop religiously every 2 weeks-shampoo, deep condition, and flat iron. I decided to transition after my last relaxer in Nov. It is at SL right now and I am frequently condition washing and DC'ing. I am in the military so I have to put it up in uniform, so it is in a protective style eveyday except on the weekends.

That looks really good, you got me wanting to color my hair now or at least get me some highlights! Your stylist did a really good job with the straightening as well, I would have never guessed only the last 4 inches was the relaxed part.

Your hair is exquisite. I've been relaxed since I was about 10 years old. I've never given much thought to going natural but you're hair has made me seriously think about it. I'm new to this forum and I just had to comment.

This is totally off topic and possibly a dumb question but how do you subscribe to a thread so you can find it easily?

Thank you so much for the compliment. One of the reasons I stopped relaxing was because I realized (after a 6 month stretch) that a blow dryer and flat iron could get my hair as straight as a relaxer and besides, the relaxes was thinning my hair out as time went by.

I'm not sure about how to subscribe to a thread but if you will go back and look at the comments in THIS thread, I notice that a poster has 3 different links in her siggy and one of them details how to subscribe to a thread without posting in it.

HTH

Oh, and welcome to the board!!!!

Thank you. prior to deciding to transition I was at the shop religiously every 2 weeks-shampoo, deep condition, and flat iron. I decided to transition after my last relaxer in Nov. It is at SL right now and I am frequently condition washing and DC'ing. I am in the military so I have to put it up in uniform, so it is in a protective style eveyday except on the weekends.

Since your occupation leaves you no choice but to bun your hair on a daily basis, transitioning should be a breeze for you! You could do a braidout on a Friday night so you can wear your hair out and enjoy it on the weekends. Also, if you have to wear a cap daily, be sure to line the inside of your cap with some silk so the sides of the inside of your cap won't tear your edges up. Good luck with your transition!

BB

wow, i am officially in awe. your hair is gorgeous. i mean wow, where is your fotki?? must be nice to have that swang.

I wish I knew how to set up a fotki. (I am so technologically challenged!) The closest I can come to a fotki is an album on here with a few pictures in it

Thank you!

BB

Back