My husband is indian and says since im black I cant grow my hair long!!!

[USER=182260 said:
TrueToHair[/USER];15612433]Interesting advice about starting at the nape....is this how we should start for all hair oil applications? Is there a growth pattern reason for this? I really haven't heard this before.

From what I have read, there are more sebaceus glands at the nape of the neck. So starting there will help get the sebum flowing.

Update

Hair is retaining good length!

Attachments

• image-1352738804.jpg
    image-1352738804.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 344
  • image-2762590697.jpg
    image-2762590697.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 346
  • image-638804601.jpg
    image-638804601.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Thanks so much ladies!!! I am on my way to gym now, the hubby makes me do all the workouts he does, (all the manly workouts). I hated it first but I'm in love with the routine now.. I will let you know my routine after I get done from the gym. :grin:

The hubby loves the growth and encourages me to care for it. He regrets he made such a comment. But I don't mind that was motivation for me. He has been asking me for advice for his hair also since it's shedding. I had to explain to him about the DHT and what he can do block or slow down the DHT production. So he is a work in progress too.

Update

Hair is retaining good length!
Take that! Take that!
tumblr_m5qgglUGd21qj1tqqo1_250.gif

:lol:

I'm glad the hubby has come around and is being encouraging.:yep:

Congrats on the growth mami2010. It's always better to show than to tell. You showed your hubby that we can grow long hair and now he's seeking your help to retain his hair. What a compliment to you for your efforts. KUTGW. :yep:

mami2010 congratulations. Thanks for updating the thread. I really like that second picture with your hair down. Looks healthy, and long. And as always, love your athletic, feminine body.
My husband is the kindest person i know honestly, and he too did not believe i could grow my hair back after i BC in january. Mind you i was only a little pat shoulder length when i did. He thought my hair was long, and he was not a fan of me chopping it off. He feared, like many other people, that i could never grow my hair to what it was, nevermind longer than shoulder. So yeah i don't think your husband was mean or rude. They just don't know any better. My husband plays in my twa all the time. He takes me out every single weekend in my twa, and compliments me on how gorgeous i am. But the d@nm fool would laugh at me if i ever show him pictures of lhcf ladies, and telling him that i'm working on growing my hair that long. I don't take it personal, i try to educate him on black hair care little bit at a time.
I've known this man a total of 10 years, and i have never seen his sister's real hair. Her leave out always look chewed up, but her weaves are always on point. And i lived with the girl a good 2 years before we got married, lol. His mother's hair is always in a fade. He met me with sl, and never saw me past that much. So can't really blame him.

@mami2010 congratulations. Thanks for updating the thread. I really like that second picture with your hair down. Looks healthy, and long. And as always, love your athletic, feminine body.
My husband is the kindest person i know honestly, and he too did not believe i could grow my hair back after i BC in january. Mind you i was only a little pat shoulder length when i did. He thought my hair was long, and he was not a fan of me chopping it off. He feared, like many other people, that i could never grow my hair to what it was, nevermind longer than shoulder. So yeah i don't think your husband was mean or rude. They just don't know any better. My husband plays in my twa all the time. He takes me out every single weekend in my twa, and compliments me on how gorgeous i am. But the d@nm fool would laugh at me if i ever show him pictures of lhcf ladies, and telling him that i'm working on growing my hair that long. I don't take it personal, i try to educate him on black hair care little bit at a time.
I've known this man a total of 10 years, and i have never seen his sister's real hair. Her leave out always look chewed up, but her weaves are always on point. And i lived with the girl a good 2 years before we got married, lol. His mother's hair is always in a fade. He met me with sl, and never saw me past that much. So can't really blame him.

ronie yep I feel were you are coming from. Since my husband is Indian he as a very hard time understanding what we as black women has to deal with and when we do deal with it correctly it just amazing them. This forum is a great for informing people and getting them aware but there are still so many people in this world who are non believers about black women and long hair. They just think it doesn't go together. But I will push as much as I can to get more people to believe. Believe in themselves as black women and people to believe black women can grow hair. #on a mission.

Thanks for the compliment and feel free to answer any question anyone post or if you have anything on your mind, feel free. We need to reach more people.

At the end of last year I was ready to give up on hair care and building my knowledge but I kept on pushing and plan on making this part of my life.

@sweetvi Im going on 30 soon and I want to appreciate and not deteriorate!

Thanks!

I am so glad you are sharing your progress with us. Your hair is growing nicely. It looks like you are between apl and bsl, I think :look: Glad he is in hush mode :lol: Congratulations on your progress.

Back