My first date in 2 years...and there's already a potential "problem"...advice please

Kiadodie

So anyway, I went on our first date & we had a great time. :yep: We went to a Moroccan Restaurant then we got some drinks at a lounge next door. We talked for a long time. He's REALLY sweet and all. He told me he feels like I'm a great person to hang around and learn new and exciting things from and his expectation is to get to know me better and do and experience new things. He said he's done it all and he wants to settle down but he's not proposing yet :lachen:. I'm taking it casually. I told him I get scared of relationships and I hate being venerable so he said, "oh so I need to take baby steps w/ u?" I was like "exactly" :yep: I think he understands.

The “little” problem is, he's younger than me. I don’t know the exact age BUT by the way he talks about things, I can tell. He thinks I’m around his age. He has a nice car, owns his place, has a great job and he travels like crazy. I'm hoping he's at least 30 :ohwell:. I'm scared to ask cause he'll ask how old i am and Im embarrassed to tell him I’m 38. See he told me he usually dates older women but their "biological clocks" start ticking and they get all anxious and it doesn’t work out. :perplexed :ohwell: So when he said that, I was looking at him like..ummmm..I may be one of those chicks :blush: (AI thread)but I didn't say a word.

What should I do about the age thing? I dont know if he's the one or how long it'll last anyway but it may come up. So, for now, we talk every day, he's making future plans for us and he's as sweet as can be. :yep: That's all I know...and oh yeah, I like him and I'm attracted to him.

Re: My first date in 2 years...and there's already a potential "problem"...advice ple

I would just ask him, he already said that he likes older women. And you can always side step his question if you dont want to answer him.

Re: My first date in 2 years...and there's already a potential "problem"...advice ple

Age just seems like ones of those preliminary facts you know about someone-like name, where did you grow up, where do you work etc. The earlier you ask, the better-so you can make sure you are on the same page.

i think you should just ask him, but don't dismiss him just based on his answer.

I would just ask. He already expressed interest so go for it!

He will eventually ask. Put it out there on the table and take it from there

I agree with the other ladies. You may as well get it out of the way now, rather wait until later.

cute story!! ask him! and come back and tell us ASAP!

Well with the right amount of searching you can find an estimation online. :look:

You'll never know unless you ask. I hope it works out for you :).

Back