My DD's hair! Much better now!! Pics!

Impresaria

I'm your huckleberry.
Wooooosaaaaahhhhh.....

DD went to her appt on Saturday morning with her new braider. She done an elasticity test on both wet and dry hair and we decided to go with a light Aphogee protein treatment. DD was washed and deep conditioned under the dryer for as long as she could sit under it (about 20 minutes). While DD was under the dryer, the braider washed and conditioned the braiding hair...I was amazed at all of the gunk that came out of it!! We decided on cornrows, mainly because their were sections that were too short to hold an individual braid, ie, the braid would have been too small. After DD's hair was braided, the braider slathered a leave-in conditioner and Virgin Hair Fertilizer on her, tied her down with a hair scarf, and sat her under the dryer again for about 20 minutes. As far as after care and upkeep, DD's hair will be cornrowed every 3 weeks. I wanted to just make a regular schedule instead of waiting for other's to decide whether it was frizzy enough to be re-braided, especially since frizzy is in the eye of the beholder.

Here are the results:

102_1111.jpg

102_1110.jpg

102_1114.jpg

102_1096.jpg

Peace and blessings to everyone for their support and help! I really believe that her hair will make a complete turn-around. My little boo is beautiful no matter what, but she is on cloud 9 with her hair. The braider is willing to come to my home on a 3-week schedule to do her hair. All of her services will be $45 every three weeks. I will keep everyone updated of her progress, because the braider will be documenting DD's progress.

YAYYYY!!!

:grin:wow so glad it's better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She looks so niceand pretty Thank god. Dont let that lady put her hands in your dd hair ever again!!!!!!

Last edited:
that's awesome. . . and girly gets to have a new little style. glad everyone is cheesing again. :grin:

I'm so glad that you were able to get her haircare under control before you left. I love the style. She looks so happy!!

You have a gorgeous family!!

I am so happy to see a positive update on your situation. Your little girl looks very cute with her new hairstyle.

Wonderful arrangement; it's such a blessing that you got just what you asked for/needed (someone to come to your home on a schedule who is aware of how to maintain and retain healthy, growing hair).

She looks beautiful as always- handsome son, too!

Safe travels and hurry back home!!!

awww...what a beautiful family...i'm glad everything has been resolved and your beautiful daughter is on her way back to beautiful, healthy hair! I can't wait to see her progress!

That's great. I'm glad everything worked out for your DD. I can only imagine how pissed off you were when you got home.

:clap:Yaaaaay! :yay:I am so very excited and happy for your DD! :clap:She has your smile, too cute :grin: You can tell that she really likes her hair in that last picture....how was her birthday party?

Now SpicedTee can relax and enjoy her time at home, and return to us safely later this year. :yep:

I'm so happy for you and your babe!! she looks wonderful and i'm glad she's happy.

You have a lovely family!!

I am so glad to hear that everything is going so well. She looks so cute too. I bet she feels so much better.

So sweet.

Your children are beautiful!

great news :). your daughter's hair looks lovely and i'm so glad you found a stylist that can not only do nice hair but cares about it's health too. i know your daughter's hair will make a great turnaround!

Aww! I'm so happy for you!! She looks so cute and adorable and your whole family is beautiful!I can't wait to see how much progress she is going to gain after her ordeal!

Whew! I just breathed a sigh of relief! She is too cute and looks very happy. You look extremely happy too and your plan sounds on point. She's on her way to recovery! :bouncegre

Im so glad that your DD is doing much better. I love the style. Im glad you found someone who will care for her hair while you are gone. Just make sure that whoever will be there won't make any excuses as to why the braider should not come as scheduled by you. Keep close tab and ask for pictures to be taken and sent to you on a weekly or bi weekly basis. Good luck.

You just don't know how happy I am right now! It's so fantastic that you found someone to care for your babys hair, I can't wait to see her progress!

Your children are beautiful, and your daughter is absolutely glowing. She looks so happy and cute!

This just made my day :yay:

Spiced Tee: I was holding MY two-year old DD in my lap while reading your post. When I got to the pic of YOUR DD doing that big grin, my daughter said "OOOOH, she purdy Mommy!" . . . and she is! :yep: You have a gorgeous family! -- And your daughter's hair looks great! :clap:

Back