Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

mstokes2008 it looks lumpy. I fear rinsing lumps and clumps from my hair. LOL I wonder if a hand grinder like the little stone bowls with spoon can crunch it up better. If anyone tries this method please let us know how it works for you.
@Skiggle I use the lemon. I like it so I don't think I will try the others based on mixed reviews. Like @faithVA mentioned its not a shampoo its more of a natural clarifier. (sp)
@ShyIntellect I haven't had any dry scalp since using it, however I do apply an oil mix to my scalp every other night.
Now my question is are they having a sale on BF? Why are people waiting until BF to buy TE? I know other places have sales. Is there a thread about BF sales? ;-)

Lazy question has anyone tried to use the TE with their hair braided with either synthetic or natural hair small-medium box braids?

If so does it rinse out easily or is it difficult?

I have not tried it in braids. But I think tashboog has.

One option is to use it to cleanse your scalp with while in braids and not try to cleanse your hair especially with synthetic hair.

With natural braids, you can sufficiently dilute the mud wash and it is water enough that you can work it through your hair. As long as you rinse your hair under a full jet of water in the shower it should rinse easily.

Rinse your braids first, dilute it really well, squeeze it through your braids and rinse well. I would not let it sit for more than 20 minutes if you let it sit because you could let it dry too much on your hair.

But if you aren't going to have your braids in very long, mud wash before, then just mud wash your scalp and rinse your braids. I have found that my hair can feel wonderful in between mud washes with just a good full rinse.

I think it is possible to experience dry scalp if you use it with heat, keep it on too long or use it to frequently.

I have switched to using it every other week and I cowash the other weeks. I dilute my mud wash, and only leave it on for 20 minutes. I don't baggy or use any heat.

How are you using it?

I use it weekly never with heat and maybe leave it on 30 mins, sometimes I don't let it sit at all. I was thinking of using it every other week and cowashing in between but the website says not to use the product with commercial shampoos and conditioners because it'll just work against the mud wash. I have the Elucence conditioner which is free from a lot of synthetic ingredients I do believe. I think I seen a few ladies on YT that use a ACV rinse on their scalp once a month or so to help with their dry scalp issues with this product.

I used it for the first time a few days ago, my hair was buttery! But my scalp had a goop on it and it wasnt the mud...waahing again today and I'll let everyone know how it comes out.

[USER=68037 said:
ShyIntellect[/USER];14368427]I use it weekly never with heat and maybe leave it on 30 mins, sometimes I don't let it sit at all. I was thinking of using it every other week and cowashing in between but the website says not to use the product with commercial shampoos and conditioners because it'll just work against the mud wash. I have the Elucence conditioner which is free from a lot of synthetic ingredients I do believe. I think I seen a few ladies on YT that use a ACV rinse on their scalp once a month or so to help with their dry scalp issues with this product.

There are still natural conditioners you can use. Many use Aubrey Organics conditioners. Some use Shea Moisture Conditioners. Some of the favorite natural vendors that people on this site use have natural conditioners. Some use a yogurt based conditioner. So you can still condition your hair in between without using a conditioner with synthetics.

And some people still use commercial conditioners because they have one they like. Its a personal choice that you have to find the balance for you.

There isn't anything wrong with using it less frequently.

I was thinking of oiling my scalp twice a week or something, it's just weird because I've never had scalp issues in the past. Do you use an applicator bottle to oil your scalp and what oils do you use?

I just dip my fingers in an oil mix of grapseed, jojoba, JBCO, pep rub on all my fingers and massage my scalp. A few dips works well.
ETA: My oils are in a mason jar.

Last edited:
Thank you faithVA and hair4romheaven, I'm going to try your suggestions and see if that helps. I really don't want to stop using this product because it's simplified my regimen so much. Could be since the weather is getting cooler it's drying out my scalp, who knows.

not sure if this was answered already but in general how long does a bottle last?

I see most ladies say they use 2oz (diluted) per wash so an 8oz bottle wud only last 1 month. I guess with using Aloe vera juice and bentonite clay to "stretch" it maybe I could get 2 or so extra uses from an 8oz bottle.

as for BF sales, Im sure they mentioned on their website that they dont do sales/discounts

not sure if this was answered already but in general how long does a bottle last?

I see most ladies say they use 2oz (diluted) per wash so an 8oz bottle wud only last 1 month. I guess with using Aloe vera juice and bentonite clay to "stretch" it maybe I could get 2 or so extra uses from an 8oz bottle.

as for BF sales, Im sure they mentioned on their website that they dont do sales/discounts

I have a 16 oz bottle which I must have gotten the first week of August. I did the last 3 days of my detox out of it. I still have a half bottle which I think should take me through November. If I washed every week it probably would have only lasted until the end of September.

However, based on what I have learned as I use it I doubt that I would use the mudwash every week. And I dilute it at least 50%. So for me a 16 oz bottle of mud wash should last me about 4 months.

[USER=198888 said:
afrofaithful[/USER];14369643]Idk...maybe I haven't been doing this right. I feel like you all are using way too much!!

Well do tell. How much are you using? And how are you using it?

The website recommends 2 oz for SL hair.

I dont understand. made my order on saturday and I havnt got a shipping notice yet!!!

only the email thanking me for my order. Ive emailed them twice now and no reply :(

I dont understand. made my order on saturday and I havnt got a shipping notice yet!!!

only the email thanking me for my order. Ive emailed them twice now and no reply :(

SimJam I waited about a week before i received a shipping notice from UPS. I almost forgot I bought the shampoo by the time I received it lol

Last edited:

I started using the product early August and I just finished my first bottle - 8 oz size. I use 1 oz diluted with 1 oz water. 2mth per bottle ain't bad. Think I'll re-up with 2 16 oz bottle next time I buy.

@SimJam I waited about a week before i received a shipping notice from UPS. I almost forgot I bought the shampoo by the time I received it lol

oooh I thought their processing and shipping was fast.

Oh well, lemmi sit my arse down and wait :perplexed

hair4today thanks, 2 months per bottle would be awesome. I guess it all depends on length/thickness of hair and also how much detoxing each persons hair needs.

Last edited:
I was thinking of oiling my scalp twice a week or something, it's just weird because I've never had scalp issues in the past. Do you use an applicator bottle to oil your scalp and what oils do you use?

@ShyIntellect I am using my mud about every 2 weeks and will just water rinse in between as needed like faithVA said. I oil my scalp every week with my mix of coconut, shea butter, mtg, peppermint, lavendar and rosemary oil. I also seal my braid outs with coconut oil. My hair loves it I think it grows faster with the oils.

After reading this thread, I placed an order for Left Coast Lemon wash. I look forward to simplifying my regimen.
I'll come back and post my results after I detox. Thank you for all the good information.

I've been having an issue with their customer service lately but don't really want to say anything. I still love the product but I will no longer be buying from them directly. I found a store a hour away from me that will order from them for me and I can drive and pick it up.

I placed 3 orders and lets just say I'm still waiting for my refunds to post and they sent me a rude email after I called them (they never picked up the phone) and after I emailed them almost everyday trying to get a response for 2 weeks straight.

But like I said I LOVE the products but they still owe me over $125 and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Whenever they get a paypal service I will order again but for now I will have to order through a vendor.

oooh I thought their processing and shipping was fast.

Oh well, lemmi sit my arse down and wait :perplexed

@hair4today thanks, 2 months per bottle would be awesome. I guess it all depends on length/thickness of hair and also how much detoxing each persons hair needs.

Their process of taking our money is fast, LOL. No but actually they are/were fast but when something is on back order they don't notify you, I've had that happen to me. Their website is never sold out, lol, but they do run out and it delay's the shipping, it's just sad they don't tell the customer.

When it happened to me they said "we are not perfect".

Is anyone doing the Naptural85 Winter Wash and Go way of using Terressentials? My hair just isn't long and thick like Whitney's so I just wanted to ask if you ladies are trying her method and if you are getting almost 7 day hair with it.

Thanks ladies.

Is anyone doing the Naptural85 Winter Wash and Go way of using Terressentials? My hair just isn't long and thick like Whitney's so I just wanted to ask if you ladies are trying her method and if you are getting almost 7 day hair with it.

Thanks ladies.

I am not. I think her hair improved, based on her own statements, over time as she used the product. So overtime she was able to do that.

My hair isn't in a state and may never be :lol: where I can use the product, and go days on end with no product.

My hair is thick enough to do it, but it isn't long enough to do it. It isn't as thick as hers though. Nor is my curl as defined as hers.

But I don't think I would have a problem doing a 5 day WNG. But I would need some moisturizing product. My hair defines easily and stays that way until further notice :yep:

Idk...maybe I haven't been doing this right. I feel like you all are using way too much!!

I agree! I bought a 20oz 6 months ago and I have a little less than half left. I section my hair into 4 pieces, let the shower run over my hair then, I apply a little to my scalp and hair--section by section--then rinse.

My stash is 98% natural, so I never really did the detox.

And when I do use unnatural products and cones on my hair, I just rinse with some ACV and Water, then apply the mud.

Idk why ppl are finishing bottles in a week or two :look:

Thanks ladies.

No. I skip the leave in conditioner, but I still apply a moisturizer after. My hair feels lush after, but I don't like the idea of forgoing a moisturizer...

Naptural85 does apply her Shea Butter Mixes when she styles, so I doubt that the mud is the only thing she uses for longer than a day or two.

Their process of taking our money is fast, LOL. No but actually they are/were fast but when something is on back order they don't notify you, I've had that happen to me. Their website is never sold out, lol, but they do run out and it delay's the shipping, it's just sad they don't tell the customer.

When it happened to me they said "we are not perfect".

I have been using the Terressentials for a year now, and I aside from the crazy shipping and handling fees, I always get my order within the week, usually next day shipping. I've never had a problem with delays :nono:

I agree! I bought a 20oz 6 months ago and I have a little less than half left. I section my hair into 4 pieces, let the shower run over my hair then, I apply a little to my scalp and hair--section by section--then rinse.

My stash is 98% natural, so I never really did the detox.

And when I do use unnatural products and cones on my hair, I just rinse with some ACV and Water, then apply the mud.

Idk why ppl are finishing bottles in a week or two :look:

Only people who did the detox finished it in a week or two. That isn't what most people are doing. Those are rare cases.

And I'm sure that the length, density and the way the hair hangs will determine how much some use. My mom's hair is less dense than mine, hangs straighter but is the same length. She can use less than I can.

My hair is denser, more poufy. My strands are hard to get to. And its not easy working stuff through my hair. So there's no way to put in on my hands and just slide it on. I have to section 1" sections and apply it or otherwise it will sit on the top layer and the bottom layer :perplexed

Maybe it will be different when its longer.

[USER=36519 said:
ladykpnyc[/USER];14377177]No. I skip the leave in conditioner, but I still apply a moisturizer after. My hair feels lush after, but I don't like the idea of forgoing a moisturizer...

Naptural85 does apply her Shea Butter Mixes when she styles, so I doubt that the mud is the only thing she uses for longer than a day or two.

No, her latest video is a no product video. She used nothing after the mudwash and only spritzed it with water for the 5 days.

She didn't stick to her regular shea butter regi this time.

I've only ordered twice but received both withing 4 days of ordering. But that was also prior to this thread. So we are ordering more and with the yt videos there are probably more people ordering than usual.

Not condoning bad customer service. Just giving a theory on why things may be on back order moreso now than 2 months ago. Many companies aren't prepared for a spike in sales. And yt and forums like this can cause a nice spike.

Back