MTG is not for humans!!!

Have you used or will you ever try MTG for hair growth?

• yes

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • maybe

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • no

Votes: 66 48.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was too funny, the whole ''Newsflash' feel of it LOL

Since the 'whistle blower' seems to stand so strong on her beliefs and principles I dont think she would be mentioning Blended Beauty as products that are/were geared toward 'us' , if she really knew the history of the owner/maker

but you know thats a whole other thread, and it done already took place:grin:

Umm, :blush: I ordered some. Yes, I know it's equine background. So, why am I feeling a lil silly 'bout it now? It hasn't arrived yet. After reading approx. 8 of the beginning posts it occurred to me that chittlins aren't meant for human consumption (at least MT goes ON the body vs. IN it); yet people eat 'em everyday [and a host of other things]. Umm, is that my excuse to try MT? Maybe. But, what I said is true nonetheless.

I would like to see the video that speaks to humans not using it though. If I remember the first post has links to the pro MT. Guess I should view them all. Ay yi yi (still feeling silly 'bout ordering it) - - - for NOW, that is.

MTG has been discussed on here since he was president.
abraham-lincoln-picture.jpg

Boy, some of the viewers read this young lady the act and reamed her a new one. They peeped such things as her part being made in different areas each week :ohwell:.

You know what . . . since I've spent the $ I've got a mind to do a 4 week challenge of my own, an antagonistic challenge as in, I ain't for it or against it; definitely don't sell it (like someone mentioned she does) and let's do a let's see for ourselves. From viewing her end of the challenge I would know to make sure I part my hair in the same place each and every time though.

Hmm, something for me to think about.
Yaw'll say what . . . want me to do an IMPARTIAL MTG Challenge??? Holla.

Umm, :blush: I ordered some. Yes, I know it's equine background. So, why am I feeling a lil silly 'bout it now? It hasn't arrived yet. After reading approx. 8 of the beginning posts it occurred to me that chittlins aren't meant for human consumption (at least MT goes ON the body vs. IN it); yet people eat 'em everyday [and a host of other things]. Umm, is that my excuse to try MT? Maybe. But, what I said is true nonetheless.

I would like to see the video that speaks to humans not using it though. If I remember the first post has links to the pro MT. Guess I should view them all. Ay yi yi (still feeling silly 'bout ordering it) - - - for NOW, that is.

MTG and MT are two different products.

oh no she didn't.. but in other videos they was like "it dont smell that bad".. how it smell????:ohwell:

Uhhh, BAD.

If you want to try a growth aid, go for Mega Tek (just so you nkow, that's made for horses, too), but you can opt for OCT, which is for humans.

As a side note: This thread is way too, funny. Y'all said all the things I was thinking when I read OP's post. I think I needed to get my head out of the political forum, too. :lachen::lachen::lachen::grin:

Last edited:
Uhhh, BAD.

If you want to try a growth aid, go for Mega Tek (just so you now, that's made for horses, too), but you can opt for OCT, which is for humans.

As a side note: This thread is way too, funny. Y'all said all the things I was thinking when I read OP's post. I think I needed to get my head out of the political forum, too. :lachen::lachen::lachen::grin:
Mega Tek is for horses too?!?

:eek:

I had no idea!!!

:cowgirl:

Girl that Sulu mess is the same thing. It stinks,as well. I think the ingredients are pretty much the same too. They put a little perfume in it though. :lol:

:drunk:

I see why it still smells the same can't nuthin and I mean nuthin cut that smell back..:nono:

Lol @ this thread and I just put some MTG on my head last night. OP, the history of MTG is on Shapley's website-produced by a barber and when he tried it on horses it he found it to be quite profitable!

Experience= It doesn't smell great but the smell doesn't bother me either and no one around me has complained. I tried it in 2006 and thought it made my NG easier so I ordered a big bottle again but Im not so sure now. It definetly adds great shine to my hair but I'm not really into grownth aids.I may try MN again or Mega Tek but I'll have to do some research and those threads are huge!

Last edited:
I read the OPs post again, and I can't help but to laugh out loud, again!!! Especially when she mentioned that the whistleblower read the ingredients off of the bottle and all. Hellllloooo, whistleblower, you buy MTG from a horse, farm, or tractor store--not many useful human products in there!! LOL:bouncy:

I see why it still smells the same can't nuthin and I mean nuthin cut that smell back..:nono:

Girl, I bought it too. I’m not shame.

I took one whiff and never opened it again. Horrible waste of $$ :nono:

I gave it to KhandiB. Her husband even said NO to that one! LOL

That stuff smells the same as MTG, but you can tell there it a hint of fragrance. Apparently it is the CADE OIL that is stinking so bad.

According to my research, “It is a dark, aromatic oil with a strong smoky smell which is used in some cosmetics and (traditional) skin treatment drugs, as well as incense” I also found something that said acetone should be for disguising the odor of oil of cade. :look::perplexed:ohwell:

My gag reflexes are starting to kick in. I'll stick to the MT Boundless Tresses

Girl, I bought it too. I’m not shame.

I took one whiff and never opened it again. Horrible waste of $$ :nono:

I gave it to KhandiB. Her husband even said NO to that one! LOL

That stuff smells the same as MTG, but you can tell there it a hint of fragrance. Apparently it is the CADE OIL that is stinking so bad.

According to my research, “It is a dark, aromatic oil with a strong smoky smell which is used in some cosmetics and (traditional) skin treatment drugs, as well as incense” I also found something that said acetone should be for disguising the odor of oil of cade. :look::perplexed:ohwell:

:look: I think I still have a full bottle of MTG - I'll send it to anyone who wants it for the cost of shipping. *shudder* :lol:

I'd use it in a minute if i hadn't heard all the horror stories about the smell. Heck! I use a chemical relaxer. That can't be safe for humans or animals. Anyway, i just started using another horse product. I'm afraid i might develop hooves, but if it makes my hurr is thick...

Ladies, help me out. I'm not familiar with it and just learned about Megatek. What is MTG then? Mane 'n Tail at Sally's???? MT (Megatek) is okay? I had read it was first developed for human use but then someone used it for horses and they increased the active ingredients. When a human used that upped formulation, they saw increased growth...or sumpthin'. MTG? Bacon smell?

Ladies, help me out. I'm not familiar with it and just learned about Megatek. What is MTG then? Mane 'n Tail at Sally's???? MT (Megatek) is okay? I had read it was first developed for human use but then someone used it for horses and they increased the active ingredients. When a human used that upped formulation, they saw increased growth...or sumpthin'. MTG? Bacon smell?

:lachen:

MTG is Mane, Tail & Groom, a sulphur rich, bacon made out of funky feet smelling oil that is used for hair growth. It's safe for human use.

MT is Mega-Tek, a protein rich, coconut smelling, conditioner that is used for hair growth.

MT was originally made for horses, and then they started making Ovation marketed to humans. There's still a debate as to which is stronger/better.

Nevuh mind. I just saw a Youtube. OMG! That's the same stuff as Glover's "Mange." They used to mix that with olive oil and you smelled like stale bacon grease. I remember it well because kids at school would have it slathered in. EWWW! Think I'll buy the Eqyss instead...or forego it altogether and get MSM in powder form and apply to some condish to the scalp. That's a natural form of sulphur.

I can't :lachen: I can't:lachen:

OMG talk about the late freight :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Anyway, we've pretty much all moved on from MTG AGES ago :lachen: but in short, it smells like hell, works like a charm, and turns some peoples jewelry colors. I never had any problems only great growth but I've moved on to the newest bandwagon Mega-tek cause' it doesn't stink.

Thank you sooo much OP, this was hilarious :lachen:

MTG WAS INITIALLY CREATED BY A BARBAR FOR HIS CLIENTS (HUMANS) FOR SKIN DISORDERS LIKE PSORIASIS, DERMATITIS AND SUCH, WHILE USING IT ON THESE SAID PEOPLE, HE REALIZED THAT IT ALSO MADE THEIR HAIR GROW AT ABNORMAL RATES, SOON PEOPLE WHO HAD ANIMALS WITH SIMILAR AILMENTS BEGAN TO TRY IT ON THEIR COATS AND ALSO REALIZED THAT IT DID THE SAME FOR THEM, WHEN THE MAN PAST ON THE NEW OWNERS OF THE COMPANY FELT AS THOUGH MORE FOLKS WERE BUYING IT FOR ANIMALS AND NOT AS MANY FOR HUMANS,MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE SMELL,AND THE BOARD FELT IT BEST TO START TARGETING THE SALES TO THE ANIMAL PUBLIC AS OPPOSED TO THE HUMAN PUBLIC. THERE IS A THREAD HERE ON THIS SITE, WITH A EMAIL PERTAINING TO THIS TOPIC, EXPLAINING THOSE FACTS, IF YOU READ THE BOTTLE IT DOES SAY FOR HORSES, BUT IT IS NOT A WARNING TO HUMANS.

On the real im okay.. i was just joking.. im not feeling that awkward.. but im glad people know.. cuz i was shocked... for those of you that have used it.. how was your experience?

Hi:

I have used/am currently used it. I also ride/own horses. So I swiped some from the barn as we had bottles. It works great on horses by the way.

I figured its not that harmful as I have known riders who have undergone chemo and hair loss have used it. And their docs have said its ok,. As the main ingredient is sulfur which isnt harmful.

Anyway. When I first used it it was after i washed my hair and DC with steam. So it tingled a lot. i think b/c my pores were still open.

Now I use in the evening usualluy 1 to 2 hours before bed so that it can soak in before i put my scarf on for the night. I have seen definite growth in my temples.

Also if you call MTG they will tell you it was originally dual purpose people and horses. But the horse industry kinda took off where as the people industry didnt.

:lachen:

MTG is Mane, Tail & Groom, a sulphur rich, bacon made out of funky feet smelling oil that is used for hair growth. It's safe for human use.

MT is Mega-Tek, a protein rich, coconut smelling, conditioner that is used for hair growth.

MT was originally made for horses, and then they started making Ovation marketed to humans. There's still a debate as to which is stronger/better.

ROAR!!! How can I say this without getting into trouble. Somebody just knew Black people would be jumping on this and they decided to add the smell cuz they know so many love pork:drunk: Dear G-d, bacon smell???? LOLOL. That's worse than that fruit-smelling crap folx wear when they have dirty hair, spritz on more fruit-smell and knock out the entire elevator :lachen::lachen: . You know, I've often wondered why black haircare products smell like ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back