Mizani Butter Blend System, My Experience

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
This morning I went to the salon for a relaxer touch up. I've had a Mizani (lye) relaxer for almost the last year. She normally bases my scalp with the protecto from the Affirm line. Today, I noticed she was using a base in a light golden colored bottle that felt like it glided effortlessly on to my scalp. I asked if the base was from the new Mizani system. She said it was. I told her it seemed to go on very effortlessly. She confirmed that it did.

She told me that she would be using the entire system on me today. I noticed that the relaxer had a funny smell to it--not like it was spoiled, just chemically weird. But hey, it is a chemical, right? I can say that I've never smelled quite a smell from a relaxer. It was not unbearable or anything like that.

She began to tell me all about the system and I let on that I'd heard about it, but not revealing my source of course.

I never felt a single burn or tingle during the entire application. After rinsing the relaxer, I felt another very smooth feeling substance go into my hair. She separated my hair with her fingers and placed it on the newly relaxed hair first. It smelled deliciously sweet and though I did not reach up and feel my hair with my hands, I could tell that this product instantly made my hair feel soft and silky. (it's hard to explain, but you know how you can get a feel for the products being applied to your hair at the shampoo bowl) Anyway, I asked if it was conditioner or neutralizing poo. She said it was a conditioner. She left that in for a few minutes then rinsed and neutralized.

Next, she told me there was another conditioner to be applied. It was a spray in conditioner. Again, smooth soft hair as soon as the product went in. It smelled good like the other conditioner. She let that sit for a few minutes then rinsed.

I really liked how the conditioners felt and smelled. :up: And I did finally get to feel my wet hair and it was nice and soft. My stylist commented that she liked how this relaxer straightened. My hair is straightened nicely and shiny, very very shiny. That's the one currently noticeable difference that I see in my hair. Of course to see long term results from the actual relaxer, I'd need to have several applications done over time. But I would certainly give the accompanying products a thumbs up. I would like to see a retail set available from this Mizani line. :)

Thanks for the review.

I agree about the smell. I thought that it was odd when I opened mine. But I have not used a Lye in so long that I thought that was the way it was supposed to be.

Also, all of those products are in the starter kit - the base (a gel), shampoo conditioner and spray.

I cannot wait to use it!

Thanks for the review! I'm upset right now, I ordered the Hard to find Design Essential Lo-Lye relaxer months ago...I wish I would have waited, then I would be able to try this. Oh Well, damn those PJ urges:grin::rolleyes:. I'm glad you had a good experience with this, this product seems real promising.

Supergirl....

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!!!!:wallbash:

I am trying to transiton and you walk your butt in here talkin about how it smelled so good, ooh how it felt so great. WHY?????

Self: Say no to the creamy crack, say no to the creamy crack.:look:
Self (the other half): It sure does sound delicious though:lick::ohwell:

Thank you for your detailed review Supergirl.

I wasn't going to go through with another lye relaxer, but I may give this one a chance.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!! I cant take it. Only 4 more days until I try this relaxer and Im going INSANE:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
Thank goodness someone tried it already your review just makes it sound even better. How long did she keep the relaxer on???? Are you bone straight?? I want to know more....haha!!!
Thanks for the review!!!! I cant wait to share mine....

AHHHHHHHHH!!!! I cant take it. Only 4 more days until I try this relaxer and Im going INSANE:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
Thank goodness someone tried it already your review just makes it sound even better. How long did she keep the relaxer on???? Are you bone straight?? I want to know more....haha!!!
Thanks for the review!!!! I cant wait to share mine....

I'm not bone straight, but maybe like the the B, the O, the N, but not the E straight. :lol: (it's pretty straight) She didn't leave it in long at all (beyond the application time)--she smoothed it a couple of times and that was that. She rinsed after smoothing through the last time.

Thanks for replying. Im trying to figure out if I want to texlax or not, but after detangling today I fear what my hair would be like if I dont straighten all the way. Thanks again cant wait till its my turn:grin:

Supergirl.....Thanks for the review. You know I always keep an eye out for your post. Did relaxer smell dissipate after your final rinse?

HoneyDew..Where did you get the kit?

Thanks for the review, the conditioner she applied b4 the neutralizing poo sounds like the Vitale Revive Conditioner or Vitale pro Afterglow normalizer, and it instantly leave's the hair silky soft and shiney.

Supergirl.....Thanks for the review. You know I always keep an eye out for your post. Did relaxer smell dissipate after your final rinse?

HoneyDew..Where did you get the kit?

Oh yeah, the smell did not linger. I could not have walked around smelling like that! For a moment, I was questioning my stylists hygiene practices. :lol:

It's funny, I was just thinking about this new Mizani system and wondering if any of my LHCF cousins would have posted...and sure enough, when I logged on you gave this great review. Thanks so much. You are making me soooo excited. Pics?

Great review. I rarely ever hear any good reports concerning mizani .

What salon do you go to now?

Thinking outloud, I wished SG would make write down all of the different perms she used and then grade them. Just a thought.:yep:

Thank you for the review Supergirl. What strength did your stylist use(ex. mild, regular, or super)?

There is a kit for sale on http://paynesbeautysupply-salon.stores.yahoo.net/mibublside.html

Price is $114.95 for the following

1-Butter Base Scalp Protector -16.9oz

1-Honey Shield Protective Per-Treatment-33.8oz

1-Rhelaxer-Normal/Medium-30oz

1-Rhelaxer-Fine/Color Treatmented -30oz

1-Perhecting Creme Normalizing Conditioner-33.8oz

1-Balance Hair Bath Neutralizing & Chelating Shampoo-33.8oz

2-Microfusion Penetrating Conditioning Treatment-3.4oz

1-Butter Blend Applicator Bottle

1-Butter Blend Signature Bag

That sounds like a really good deal if this product is as good as it seems

Back