Mineral Rich Challenge 11/01 2012 through 4/30 2013

Imoan said:
Where are you ladies ordering it from, I think I wanna try it, anyone with iron deficiency taking this? Thanks...

I do and take it in addition to a prescription iron supplement.

I just finished my second bottle. I have the 3rd bottle labeled and in the frig chilling. I put the date on the cap, so that I can keep track of when I start a new bottle. I get about five to five and a half weeks out of one bottle. I will be ordering three more bottles in couple of weeks.

I am going to henna to bring in the new year, and straighten then, to note any additional progress.

I just got a note from my doctor telling me to stop taking B12 supplements because my blood levels are so high.

I'm going to search for a mineral supplement that does not have added B12, and then perhaps I can alternate that with the MR. I'm not sure what I'm going to do exactly, but I'm way over the "normal" B12 limits.

ETA: Don't want to be a Debbie Downer for the challenge, I just thought I should post what's happening with me since I just had my annual physical.

Last edited:
AtlantaJJ said:
I just got a note from my doctor telling me to stop taking B12 supplements because my blood levels are so high.

I'm going to search for a mineral supplement that does not have added B12, and then perhaps I can alternate that with the MR. I'm not sure what I'm going to do exactly, but I'm way over the "normal" B12 limits.

Is MR the only supplement that contains b12?

Eta: I meant you are taking but you understood what I meant.

Last edited:
Is MR the only supplement that contains b12?

My multi has 500 mcgs so I've been getting a double dose for certain.

I'm currently researching trace minerals that can be added to water. It's supposed to help our bodies better absorb the water. It looks like we should be adding a trace minerals to our water because we drink so much filtered water at the house. It will be MUCH more cost effective than the MR. I'm still researching. :yep:

ETA: Don't want to be a Debbie Downer for the challenge, I just thought I should post what's happening with me since I just had my annual physical.
Hi AtlantaJJ - Hope all is well on your end!

AtlantaJJ - Were you having any negative side effects?

I am wondering if I am getting too much. I have been reading about symptoms of too much b12 this morning.

I have had feet swelling in the past week or so. Not my entire foot but in front of my ankle bone. A pouch. I weigh 134 and I have skinny and narrow feet. I have tried different shoes and no shoes, still swelling and no pain. I was reading that too much B12 can cause feet swelling.

I don't take any other supplements.

I am wondering if I am getting too much. I have been reading about symptoms of too much b12 this morning.

I have had feet swelling in the past week or so. Not my entire foot but in front of my ankle bone. A pouch. I weigh 134 and I have skinny and narrow feet. I have tried different shoes and no shoes, still swelling and no pain. I was reading that too much B12 can cause feet swelling.

I don't take any other supplements.

I read about the swelling also. I haven't experienced it yet however. You could stop the MR for a week or so to see if the swelling goes away, and please let us know what you find.

AtlantaJJ

ATLJJ Before I started taking M-R I was taking this:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...y4HgAw&usg=AFQjCNFWWut1wiU8qldV1wlb1X5S3wZGdg

I know you said DS was skipping weekends, how do you think his B12 Levels are?
IDareT'sHair I'm wondering if his levels are high as well. He has his annual physical exam coming up next week. We could get his levels checked or I can just switch us to a trace mineral supplement that does not include B12.

He will be angry with me if I make him get a blood test! :look: :lol:

This looks interesting: Eidon Ionic Minerals Liquid Silica

I want to find a trace mineral product since we drink so much filtered water. That something I never considered before I started this research. :scratchch

Thank you for sharing. That is why it is good to see your doctor when incorporating medicines, including vitamins into your daily routine. You could never be a Debbie Downer AtlantaJJ :sunshine: Take care.

1 wk in and I feel more energised. I wake up rested. Gas is reduced. I do noy have strange dreams and I take an AM dosage, chased by 12oz of water and more. I have no headaches, cramps, loud noises from my belly. All is well and I love the MR so far.

Atlanta try reducing your dosage or stopping for a while.

Tuesday makes 1 month!!!

I am still taking PM doses.
I add 2 spoons to 8 oz of water then drink.

My stomach does make the noises.. but its when I'm sleeping and it does not bother me.
I feel very well rested in the mornings.

I'm still on my first bottle. I missed a few doses during the holiday when I was not at my house.

Halfway done with my second bottle. Still taking my MR faithfully every morning. Anyone else's body got used to the sustained energy? Like, you no longer feel super energetic because it's a normal thing now?

Halfway done with my second bottle. Still taking my MR faithfully every morning. Anyone else's body got used to the sustained energy? Like, you no longer feel super energetic because it's a normal thing now?

I feel the same but I still can wake up without hating life in the morning so I am happy for that, although I used my last ounce today, and have none for tommorow. I ordered on the 24th and hope it comes in soon, cause I love it!

I feel the same but I still can wake up without hating life in the morning so I am happy for that, although I used my last ounce today, and have none for tommorow. I ordered on the 24th and hope it comes in soon, cause I love it!

I'm mad you said, "hating life." :lachen: It's so true though.

Oh and I hope you get your new bottle soon because when I didn't take it for a week, it was back to square one; less energy w/out it and bubble guts for a couple days when I restarted taking it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

Last edited:
I've been taking it for about a month. Not really sure because I haven't been keeping track but this bottle is almost over. Anyway looks like I'm getting good results. Everyone thinks I've got a crap ton of energy. My hair seems to be thriving and my eyelashes are crazy long. Kind of reminds me of when I was about six and a teacher yelled at me for wearing mascara or eyeliner and I had no idea what she was talking about so I started crying. Looking at my eyelashes now is crazy. I don't think I'll need to buy any mascara when I get back from this deployment!

I probably have a week....maybe week & 1/2 left in my 2nd bottle. So far, so good.

Still trying to decide if I'll order the one w/Aloe next time (just to try it out).

I'm still using the same bottle I had in mid Oct, I take 2 tbsp 3 times a week I do miss out sometimes but nothing new to report for hair.

Back