Mineral Rich Challenge 11/01 2012 through 4/30 2013

I follwed with just a gulp of water then hopped in the shower. I drink tons of water throughout the day (at least 64 oz).

I follwed with just a gulp of water then hopped in the shower. I drink tons of water throughout the day (at least 64 oz).

I drink lots of water throughout the day as well. When I started the MR, for the first few weeks I was very thristy even with the huge jug of water I was accustomed to drinking. Let us know if you experience the same thing. I now keep a gallon jug of water beside my bed to drink from when I get thirsty.

What is the dosage for children? My kids are teens. I wonder what the pediatric dose is?
I'm not sure for children, but my son is 15 and weighs as much as I do so he takes one ounce like me.

My HUSBAND threw away my last 3 doses of MR because it was almost all gone! I wanted the satisfaction of finishing the bottle not to mention that stuff is expensive! This man didn't throw away any opened and almost gone water bottles. Why oh why did he pick on my mR?

I do have a new bottle but he didn't know that!

Whyyyyy? I am so annoyed!

He is on my list!

Your hubby gets the major o_O
Tell him no touchy the Mineral Rich!

I am still taking my MR, my nails are awesome! Still waking up some days wanting to dance. Generally in a good mood and not feeling drained. I don't really have a problem growing hair, just retaining the growth. I am not sure if MR will help with that, but I've started tea rinsing and finger detangling my hair. We shall see.

You are going to love the finger detangle and the tea rinsing! I'm doing both and they are winners for retention!

Forgot to take my dose last night so I took it this AM forgetting that I stop taking it in the AM b/c of the loud noise my stomach makes. So far no embarrassing moments!

received my 2 extra bottles today. Getting a relaxer on Friday and a trim (:perplexed I hope) at the salon. Getting braids around 4 weeks after my relaxeer. Anyone here doing the challege with braids? Are you finding you have to redo them quickly? I wanted mine to at least last 6 weeks. Thinking about getting cornrows in a bun?

In 2 weeks I'll post pics with my next relaxer. I'll be 12 weeks post relaxer with 10 weeks worth of MR new growth. I took a before pic so I'll have a good comparison even though I started taking MR at 2 weeks post relaxer. So the most I'll be off by is a quarter of an inch if that.

Can't wait.

It didn't really work for me as far as hair growth so I gave up on it. Plus I got tired of bathroom rushes and my stomach growling after taking it.

Beamodel said:
It didn't really work for me as far as hair growth so I gave up on it. Plus I got tired of bathroom rushes and my stomach growling after taking it.

How long did you take it for? Did you take it with food or on an empty stomach?

How long did you take it for? Did you take it with food or on an empty stomach?

Since the start of this challenge. I took it with water or juice. It does give you energy but I can not tolerate the consistent bathroom runs and the embarrassing noise my tummy makes afterwards.

Beamodel said:
Since the start of this challenge. I took it with water or juice. It does give you energy but I can not tolerate the consistent bathroom runs and the embarrassing noise my tummy makes afterwards.

Were you taking mineral rich or the other mineral something?

Beamodel I have the same issue with the noise in my tummy. Taking it at night made a world of difference! Maybe its b/c there is more food in my stomach at the end of the day but either way at night is best for me. I thought about switching back since yesterday went so well with me taking it in the AM but I decided to stick to my PM dose.

I'm not officially joining this challenge since I suck at challenges smh, but I have been taking MR since 11/9. Didn't really notice a change in my energy level..which is what I was hoping for, but my nails are stronger and my skin is glowing. Can't tell what's going on with my hair yet since I rarely staighten it and have major shrinkage.

I am wearing my hair up off of my neck since my setback. I had a dime sized bald spot and crazy breakage at my nape. I am thinking I have at least and inch of growth there. This is not the first time I have had nape damage. This is however, the fastest it has grown in.

I never had wave lines at my roots before. I always wanted wave lines when my hair was pulled into a bun or ponytail. I thought it was the products. It isn't the products. My hair is growing in healthier and thicker.

Last edited:
Wild horses couldn't drag me off the Mineral Rich!

Did we decide who has the best deal for the MR? I'm about to order 4 - 6 bottles since me and my son seem to be drinking the stuff. I'm watching the bottle go down in the fridge, with two people taking it every day, it goes fast! :lol:

I'm still on my first bottle. I don't think I was taking the right amount at first.
My skin looks gorgeous. I didn't understand why. It wasn't bad before, but it's much clearer now. My nails are long. They tend to grow anyway. I had one nail that wouldn't grow at all. It had a vertical ridge going down it. It's grown out so long and the ridge has just about disappeared.

I'm also able to wake up without a problem. Sleep is overall better. I'm not as hungry as I used to be for junk.

My hair, I haven't straightened my hair in more than a month, but I can tell that my edges (they've always been sparse and struggle to grow) have filled in even more. My dht hair vitamin helped my edges a lot, but MR seems to be filling in the sparse areas even more. My hair seems softer, yet stronger and I don't have nearly as much shedding.

I'm a supplement girl and I'll take this for years to come.

I'm still on my first bottle. I don't think I was taking the right amount at first.
My skin looks gorgeous. I didn't understand why. It wasn't bad before, but it's much clearer now. My nails are long. They tend to grow anyway. I had one nail that wouldn't grow at all. It had a vertical ridge going down it. It's grown out so long and the ridge has just about disappeared.

I'm also able to wake up without a problem. Sleep is overall better. I'm not as hungry as I used to be for junk.

My hair, I haven't straightened my hair in more than a month, but I can tell that my edges (they've always been sparse and struggle to grow) have filled in even more. My dht hair vitamin helped my edges a lot, but MR seems to be filling in the sparse areas even more. My hair seems softer, yet stronger and I don't have nearly as much shedding.

I'm a supplement girl and I'll take this for years to come.

Which DHT supplement are you taking? Once I settle on a good DHT blocker I will have my supplements list complete. I'm a supplement girl too, my dad is 78 he has taken them since I can remember and he is doing super well for his age!

AtlantaJJ, I used to take Nioxin. I noticed my edges/nape were filling in and they've been sparse since high school. I was hooked then.

Nixoin stopped making their vitamin, so I switched over to Caribbean Hair Grow. It's a little stronger than Nioxin and I love it. I noticed I still had build up (dht and gunk) on my scalp while taking Nioxin, but it improved. No such problems with Caribbean Hair Grow. I buy it from Amazon.

Every so often I use Nioxin shampoo on my scalp to clear up dht that way as well.

Day 3. This morning I skipped my morning coffee and decided to test the MR on its energy factor. So far so good. I don't plan on axing my cup of joe for good, but its nice to know I can go without it.

I'm not experiencing the loud stomach noises that some are reporting. Today I took MR on an empty stomach, while the previous 2 days I took it after my morning coffee.

Wild horses couldn't drag me off the Mineral Rich!

Did we decide who has the best deal for the MR? I'm about to order 4 - 6 bottles since me and my son seem to be drinking the stuff. I'm watching the bottle go down in the fridge, with two people taking it every day, it goes fast! :lol:

Ladies, here is a great deal...this is from the company Maximum Living:

If anyone is interested in ordering a case, we offer a deal if you order direct. A case of 12 is $251.40 with free shipping. It averages out to $20.95 a bottle. Just call the number below M-F, 8-4:30 pacific time.
800-445-4325
Glad to know all is well with everyone. I think my hair is more coming in thicker and healthier than growing...at least I think so. I hardly lose ANY hair now, so I know with that benefit, my hair will grow even longer.
AtlantaJJ

Last edited:
Serenity_Peace
Hey sis :kiss: how are you?
Mineral Rich is going to help you so much. Still take your vitamins and iron, just balance out the mgs used. Please keep me posted in how it will work for you!
@Nice & Wavy :heart:

O.K., Sis. Why did I read all 30 pages of this thread? I enjoyed every minute of it, too. See, I've been struggling with severe anemia for most of my adult life. Always tired. Always lethargic. I started a thread today in the "Health" forum about what I could take to help with my energy levels. The sweet @Ltown :kiss: pointed me to this thread, and I've been reading it ever since.

I plan to order a bottle over the weekend.

Thank you, @IDareT'sHair for starting this thread. I think you ladies just changed my life forever. :bigkiss:

Last edited:
@Nice & Wavy

You are such a little Research Expert!:bookworm:

I have another Friend like that. That Chile will find anythang/errthang.

I really appreciate you. Thanks
I am...I am:lol:. I'll find the queen in an ant farm...I don't play :rofl:.

I appreciate you too...you are holding this thread down! I've been so busy lately and haven't had time to come in too much. But, I wanted to share this information with my friends. :love3:

Back