Mineral Rich Challenge 11/01 2012 through 4/30 2013

Confession time:

I don't always drink a glass of water after I take my MR. Sometimes I even drink a Clementine Izze instead of water.

I just hennaed two weeks ago and I see little gray roots peaking out already! This is pretty amazing because I used to be a sloooooow winter grower!

No I don't drink enough water. I know that I should increase my intake. I work " in the field" and drinking loads of water during the day is not feasible if you know what I mean. I do increase my intake towards the end of my work day and into the evening. My main beverage of choice is water but I gotta have that cup of coffee in the morning.

I'm not as thirsty as when I first started MR. Perhaps my body has gotten used to it, I guess.

Last edited:
Are there any new updates on the MR? I have my entire family taking it. At first, none of my family members wanted to jump on the bandwagon with me until I started showing them pictures of my results. My children are even taking it. A few weeks ago, DD and DH had a cold. She always hid when it was time to take the MR, because according to her, "it tastes nasty." DS loves MR! When DD and DH got sick, DS and I were in the clear--no chest congestion and runny nose for us.

Other than that, I have noticed some additional thickness in the hair arena. Let's just say hair is in every "area." It has been 8 weeks since my last relaxer, however, I could use one ASAP. My stylist will not relax her clients who are not 10+ weeks post relaxer. Last night, I shampooed and flat ironed my hair. I am also showing you all a few pictures of my edges. I have had thin edges since childhood.:ohwell: Don't laugh. :nono:

8 weeks post relaxer
8241986940_c77f44e631.jpg

Edges--Before and After MR
8242248570_e2db24015f.jpg

Recent Picture of Growth 12/2/12
8240919045_f9f02f9054.jpg

Before/After Nape
8241362475_6b8cd3599e.jpg

Last edited:
I have searched this thread and have not found the answer to my question about refrigeration. So, I'm waiting on a response from Maximum Living. Swanson responded saying they are only a wholesaler not the manufacturer so they do not know the answer. :(

I'll let you ladies know when I hear something. :)

I put mine in the frige..

Happy Hair Growing!

It must be helping my son because I do not have to remind him to take his MR. I normally have to remind him about things when he's not committed or receiving a clear benefit.

My niece before and after MR. I did her hair in both pictures. When I shampooed/conditioned it Saturday, I was quite impressed.

Before MR
8241387965_677a729139.jpg

After MR
8242457150_cf960d04da.jpg

Here is my daughter's hair. She has not been taking MR consistently but takes it every now and then. As of yesterday, she is taking it daily. There is a slight bend in the back due to ponytail holder.
8241549019_ac6d5214f2.jpg

8242618692_f185435dab.jpg

This is three weeks since her last shampoo. I did this style last night.
8242618790_8ea539e468.jpg

Last edited:
Still taking MR daily. My body is really used to it now so I don't really feel an abundance of extra energy. However, I accidently skipped a day and noticed a drop in my energy.

I said this same thing earlier in the thread. My body is used to the energy...like it is normal. ha! But I ran out of my MR and haven't had it in about three days. My energy level feels "meh." I am tired and it is the middle of the day! Booo! :ohwell: I just reordered today. I need to get this bad boy on autoship!

My HUSBAND threw away my last 3 doses of MR because it was almost all gone! I wanted the satisfaction of finishing the bottle not to mention that stuff is expensive! This man didn't throw away any opened and almost gone water bottles. Why oh why did he pick on my mR?

I do have a new bottle but he didn't know that!

Whyyyyy? I am so annoyed!

He is on my list!

I said this same thing earlier in the thread. My body is used to the energy...like it is normal. ha! But I ran out of my MR and haven't had it in about three days. My energy level feels "meh." I am tired and it is the middle of the day! Booo! :ohwell: I just reordered today. I need to get this bad boy on autoship!

I'm so afraid of running out. I started out with 6 bottles then gave one to my sister and one to my aunt. That left me with 4. I took one full bottle. 3 left. Started a new bottle that I am sharing with my kids, they take 1 tablespoon a day each, and was left with 2. Soooo, I had no other choice than to order 6 more. I had to! I don't ever want to go back to being tired the way I was before.:nono:

My HUSBAND threw away my last 3 doses of MR because it was almost all gone! I wanted the satisfaction of finishing the bottle not to mention that stuff is expensive! This man didn't throw away any opened and almost gone water bottles. Why oh why did he pick on my mR?

I do have a new bottle but he didn't know that!

Whyyyyy? I am so annoyed!

He is on my list!

A moment of silence is being observed for your loss. You will be missed unused MR.

I'm so afraid of running out. I started out with 6 bottles then gave one to my sister and one to my aunt. That left me with 4. I took one full bottle. 3 left. Started a new bottle that I am sharing with my kids, they take 1 tablespoon a day each, and was left with 2. Soooo, I had no other choice than to order 6 more. I had to! I don't ever want to go back to being tired the way I was before.:nono:

phyl173, I will never run out again. My butt was shameful at work!

So guess who's been slacking with her Mineral Max, ME thats who!

OK, let me explain. I've missed only two days and have not been taking the MM at an consistent time. Yesterday I took it at 3 in the morning :look: and today I took it..well..right now :yep:. My energy levels are relatively the same, however I will say that the two days I did miss lead to me being late to work anddd not washing my hair for 2 weeks :perplexed. So, I see now that missing a day here and there just ISN'T an option.

I tried to have my SO to try it out, but he's content with his One-A-Day for Men so.....*shrugs*.

I have another bottle on stand-by and I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that MM is my STAPLE vitamin. I was in the market for a hair vitamin, but nahhhh I'm good with the Biotin and Silica content of the MM. I've search high and low for one vitamin that was beneficial all around (health, hair, etc.) and this one cut the cake. I'm pretty frickin' happy about it :happydance:.

My MR finallllllly made it!
I'll be taking my first dose in the morning.
I think I'll adopt the 2/3 shot glass method.

What is the daily allowance for the vitamins in MR for children? It is usually much, much less.
My kids are teens so they take the same dosage as I do.

Nice & Wavy :heart:

O.K., Sis. Why did I read all 30 pages of this thread? I enjoyed every minute of it, too. See, I've been struggling with severe anemia for most of my adult life. Always tired. Always lethargic. I started a thread today in the "Health" forum about what I could take to help with my energy levels. The sweet Ltown :kiss: pointed me to this thread, and I've been reading it ever since.

I plan to order a bottle over the weekend.

Thank you, IDareT'sHair for starting this thread. I think you ladies just changed my life forever. :bigkiss:

I am still taking my MR, my nails are awesome! Still waking up some days wanting to dance. Generally in a good mood and not feeling drained. I don't really have a problem growing hair, just retaining the growth. I am not sure if MR will help with that, but I've started tea rinsing and finger detangling my hair. We shall see.

I have officially been taking MR 1 month, I started November 4th. Although I have been on my second bottle now for 3 days. At first I was taking a little more than an ounce, but since I only have one bottle left, I decided I better just do the ounce.

As an update I still have the good sustained energy and I love that and my nails have grown and are longer and stronger my hair seems thicker and and a little longer, My hair is broken in the back again and It was breaking off quicker than it was growing and now it is not breaking! I love MR!!!!! So besides taking MR I have not blown dry or flat ironed my hair since Nov 1st 2012, I have been wearing a protective style. I wish I would have taken a pic right away of my hair but I took a few around November 14th. So here is my pic from that. This is my hair wet and just air drying. I hope to get a relaxer by December 15th and I will get trim probably because the back broke so badly. I don't understand why I always break in the same place. But I will post another pic then. I figure in a few months I should be straight.

Attachments

• Front hair Nov 14th 2012.jpg
    Front hair Nov 14th 2012.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 30
  • back of hair Nov 14th 2012.jpg
    back of hair Nov 14th 2012.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 32
DAY 1:
I took my first official dose this morning.

It suprisingly did not taste gross.
I took 2/3 of a shot glass and have nothing real to report.

How long does a bottle normally last?

DAY 1:
I took my first official dose this morning.

It suprisingly did not taste gross.
I took 2/3 of a shot glass and have nothing real to report.

How long does a bottle normally last?

Did you follow it with water? My bottle lasted for 34 days and I took 2 tablespoons or 3/4th of a shot class daily for 34 days.

Back