~♡~mielle Organics Vitamin Challenge~♡~

SmilingElephant

Hey ladies!:wave:

I figured since I'm already a week into the Mielle vitamins, that I should start a thread to help me keep up with my progress :)

My hopes with this supplement is fuller and longer hair and shedding control. I am trying to get to a full and healthy hip length on them.
I am also hoping for stronger and healthier nails.

I started taking them on 11/12/15. When I started I did a length check and I measured from my hairline back as my measuring marker throughout the challenge. So when I measured, I was at 27.5 inches. My ultimate goal is 32 inches.

I will be doing a 30 day length check as well as a 3 month length check as that's what I have at the moment, a 3 month supply.

I should be receiving a bundle today with the 3rd month supply of vitamins as well the deep conditioner, the almond mint oil, and the co wash.

I will be using the Mielle products as well as Shea Moisture products.

I am co washing daily and bunning daily. Deep conditioning weekly. Only wearing my hair down or out 1 to 2 days a week as I let my hair grow longer.

If you are also wanting to get in on the challenge, feel free to post here! :)

Below is my starting pic!

Attachments

• IMG_20151112_180707.jpg
    IMG_20151112_180707.jpg
    798.8 KB · Views: 81
Today is Day 8 of me taking my vitamins.

Since it has been a week, I have noticed just a few things since being on them:

-I have a seriously large amount of energy!!! I don't even need coffee!:lol: And that's big bc I LOVE coffee but now I drink decaf. I'm attributing this to the B vitamins. B complex vitamins in general make me bounce off the walls. But this energy comes in handy at work until I tire myself out from running around like an ant! :lol:

-My nails are stronger. They usually feel "bendy". But now they don't break as easily, like I can tell a difference in the thickness, even when they are wet.

This is what the vitamins look like, they are large, coated vitamins. Yes, horse pills:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_20151119_104235.jpg
    IMG_20151119_104235.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 73
I've been using these vitamins since May. Although I haven't notice any amazing hair growth, my skin is flawless. I will keep using it for the results on my skin alone.

Oh okay :) Maybe that's why I've been getting so many compliments lately on my skin too!? I haven't noticed it but everyone around me has. Hmmm...

I just got my box of stuff in the mail from them just half an hour ago! :D

I love the oil! It has a light peppermint scent and it's very lightweight. The cowash smells like cucumber melon :lick:, the deep conditioner had the consistency of yogurt and smells like a mint-lemon. I love the smell of lemons so that's right down my alley! :lol: And the bundle also came with a bottle of vitamins...so now I have my 3 months supply!

Attachments

• IMG_20151120_153801.jpg
    IMG_20151120_153801.jpg
    757.6 KB · Views: 71
I used the Honey Dew Berry detangling co-wash today. It is definitely a cleansing conditioner. Not as much slip as I'd imagined...however, it does get slippier (a word??) the longer I left it in my hair.

I applied as directed, massaged my scalp and distributed it through my hair and I left it in as I showered.

It smells like faint cucumber melon...the consistency is kind of runny.

Not a bad product but it's not what I expected. :ohwell:

Still taking my vitamins. I'm not all that thrilled about the products. They aren't horrible or anything...it's just that they don't have the moisture that I need for my hair. They are great if you need a little balance in your strands but....it's not enough for me.

I have used the oil, the co wash and the DC. The deep conditioner is not as thick as it looks, it's a little bit runny...in fact it ran down my arm in the shower as I was applying it to my hair. It smells like limeade with mint.. I love the smell actually. Like a mojito scent. I'll continue using them up but idk if I will repurchase only bc I need thick/heavy moisturizing products.

Okay so tomorrow actually makes a full 30 days since I've been taking the vitamins. This pic is from day 27 of me taking the vitamins. I was so anxious to see progress! :)

During all of this, I have been co washing daily, sealing my moisturizer in with oil, hot oil treatments about 3 times within the month, shampooong and deep conditioning weekly and bunning,bunning, bunning! :yep:

I finished the co-wash, not really a huge fan of it :ohwell: I'm so used to cowashing with moisturizing conditioners (been cowashing before the even started making "co-wash" products), to me this is not a co-wash, this is a CLEANSING conditioner.

I did really enjoy the Mint/Babassu oil deep conditioner! It makes my scalp tingle and I actually wouldn't mind using it as a regular conditioner! That being said...I've only gotten 2 uses out of the jar and there's like...only enough left to use as....Idk, a leave in? (But then again my hair requires tons of conditioner).
If or when she decides to make bigger bottles of this, I could see myself buying more of this!

The oil is pretty enjoyable. I love the slight tingle it gives for my scalp and it's pepperminty, I'm usually not a fan of pepperminty smells, but I love it bc it goes with the season right now! It's the equivalent of a lingering smell of peppermint gum in your purse. Not super harsh, but you can smell it.

Overall, the Mielle Organics line (well the few products I tried), for me, is okay. I wish the cowash was more moisturizing. I really see myself continuing to buy the mint DC and the vitamins. I may try out the hair milk in the future. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20151208_220616.jpg
    IMG_20151208_220616.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
More on the vitamins...

What I noticed with these vitamins is that they have really helped in reducing my shedding. Like...a lot!! I used to have golf ball sized amounts of shed hairs, now they are down to the size of an olive! :)

My nails have been growing faster than usual, both hands and feet and I need a pedi...PRONTO lol!!

My skin has been okay on them as well...my pimples aren't as big whenever I get them. Like they're usually never huge but now they show up as tiny pimples. I've been getting so many compliments on my skin while on these.

They also give me a BURST of energy...except for during that time of the month.

So whatever nutrients I've been lacking, this vitamin definitely filled in the gaps.

Attachments

• 1449802190282.jpg
    1449802190282.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58

Thank you! I have 2 more bottles of vitamins to go! My goal is to stick to this regimen for a full 6 months in order to retain a total of at least 4 inches.

I will measure tomorrow. The last time I measured in sections, my hair was about 15-16 inches all the way around when measuring each section. When I measure vertically from hair line to the back, it was at 27.5 inches. So I will measure both ways tomorrow.

So i measured my hair just now. Being that I'm personally going by measuring from the hairline back as my way of tracking growth, that is what I'm using...

Last month I started at 27.5 inches, I just measured today and after 30 days I am at 29 inches. I even measured it twice to be sure!! Yay!

I'm trying to get to 31 or even 32 inches. Almost there!

Has anyone experienced a late menstrual cycle while taking these vitamins. @SmilingElephant I have been taking these for a month and my cycle is 3 days late which is not normal for me. I'm thinking it may be due to the MSM.

Has anyone experienced a late menstrual cycle while taking these vitamins. @SmilingElephant I have been taking these for a month and my cycle is 3 days late which is not normal for me. I'm thinking it may be due to the MSM.

I am not having this problem. I would LOVE to have this problem, I feel like my period comes on too much honestly, sometimes I have 2 a month. But that's always been just me. Not from the vitamins. I don't notice anything happening with my cycle.

I am not having this problem. I would LOVE to have this problem, I feel like my period comes on too much honestly, sometimes I have 2 a month. But that's always been just me. Not from the vitamins. I don't notice anything happening with my cycle.
Thanks for chiming in. It finally came today, lol. These vitamins were seeming too good to be true and I don't want to have to give them up because they're messing with my reproductive cyclle. Itwould Worry me what effect they could have long term so I'm glad it finally showed up lol

Thanks for chiming in. It finally came today, lol. These vitamins were seeming too good to be true and I don't want to have to give them up because they're messing with my reproductive cyclle. Itwould Worry me what effect they could have long term so I'm glad it finally showed up lol

@Ese88, sorry to barge in but its likely the MSM causing the delay. I take an MSM supplement and it's doing all kinds of strange things to my cycle. My cycle wasn't late but wouldn't stop, I've had breakthrough spotting for a month and then when it finally came on it didn't stop after 7 days. I stopped the MSM and it stopped after another 2 days. Not sure yet if I'm going to restart it, I like the benefits but not at the risk of bleeding too much since I'm already anemic. Good luck!

@Ese88, sorry to barge in but its likely the MSM causing the delay. I take an MSM supplement and it's doing all kinds of strange things to my cycle. My cycle wasn't late but wouldn't stop, I've had breakthrough spotting for a month and then when it finally came on it didn't stop after 7 days. I stopped the MSM and it stopped after another 2 days. Not sure yet if I'm going to restart it, I like the benefits but not at the risk of bleeding too much since I'm already anemic. Good luck!
Thanks for chiming in Daina! I hope that I don't get any more irregularities with my cycle. Darn it! I don't want these vits to be too good to be true. Lol

I'm thinking about switching to these once I finish aaalllll of my Manetabolism lol. Manetabolism gives me length but I'm still shedding a lot and my nails are still breaking.

I purchased these about a month ago and I plan to get started on them next month. I wanted to find out do you take them both at the same time or like twice a day?

I'm maybe two and a half weeks into my first bottle and I'm officially starting to break out :-( I really wanted to give these a try because I read how these vitamins and really slowed down shedding for some people. Do the breakouts stop? Do I need to signgficantly up my water intake? I'm going to be drinking a lot more water this week but it I continue to break out I'm going to stop taking them.

I didn't break out with Manetabolism so I know it's possible to take hair vitamins with lots of biotin and have clear skin. Ugh.

I'm maybe two and a half weeks into my first bottle and I'm officially starting to break out :-( I really wanted to give these a try because I read how these vitamins and really slowed down shedding for some people. Do the breakouts stop? Do I need to signgficantly up my water intake? I'm going to be drinking a lot more water this week but it I continue to break out I'm going to stop taking them.

I didn't break out with Manetabolism so I know it's possible to take hair vitamins with lots of biotin and have clear skin. Ugh.
Is it possible something else could be causing the breakouts? Not to doubt you but what made me give these vitamins a try was the fact they almost everyone said they had no breakouts from it. I have been taking them for 4.5 months and had no breakouts at all. Made my skin a little better in fact. Hope that helps

@Ese88 It's possible. The only new thing I did around the same time that I started the Mielle Organics vitamins is start a new brand of birth control after being off it for a while. So it could be the pill that's breaking me out. I'm going to give Mielle until the end of the week

Last edited:
Back