Men! Why are they such babies sometimes??

foxxymami

Tell me this....have you ever had a SO or DH who won't tell you what's going wrong when you can CLEARLY see something is on his mind?

My ex used to do that. He would act all crazy and be difficult and I would ask, "is something wrong?" "something on your mind?" "what's the matter?" and he would always say Nothing.

My SO does it too, the only difference with him is that he'll finally tell me what I did that was bugging him a whole week later! :wallbash: Why won't some men understand that after so long, we as women are so in tune to our man's emotions that we can pick up on the slightest attitude change in him. When I asked SO was something bothering him last Friday he says "No, i'm just tired." So today he FINALLY tells me what's been bothering him and I'm just like nooooooooooooow ya tell me :rolleyes:.

Crazy, I tell ya!!!!:wallbash::wallbash:

I beginning to learn to ignore his flightly butt....he makes me sick with that crappy behavior. Such babies, but let us have an attitude or be sad, then we're crazy.

I think its a guy thing bc I always sense when something is wrong with my SO and he tries to hide it. But I always get the truth out of him.

After being married I only ask what is wrong twice. I'll ask, "Honey are you okay?" He'll say yes or he doesn't want to talk about it yet. I'll ask again and if he still responds the same I talk about whatever the heck is on my mind. Men are like rubber bands. They'll spring back whenever they're ready.

Tell me this....have you ever had a SO or DH who won't tell you what's going wrong when you can CLEARLY see something is on his mind?

My ex used to do that. He would act all crazy and be difficult and I would ask, "is something wrong?" "something on your mind?" "what's the matter?" and he would always say Nothing.

My SO does it too, the only difference with him is that he'll finally tell me what I did that was bugging him a whole week later! :wallbash: Why won't some men understand that after so long, we as women are so in tune to our man's emotions that we can pick up on the slightest attitude change in him. When I asked SO was something bothering him last Friday he says "No, i'm just tired." So today he FINALLY tells me what's been bothering him and I'm just like nooooooooooooow ya tell me :rolleyes:.

Oh no, and don't let them get sick! My SO was so sick one time he made me sick with all his whining and moaning. I think he is getting sick again:wallbash:

I normally know what I've done to irritate him and I'll ask him "Honey, when I said........did that upset you, I'm sorry I was being honest but I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." He's normally better afterwards.

My fiancee sent this article to me the other day. I had to go dig it out. I hope it helps. :grin:

As the editor of the biggest men's magazine in the world, I am privy to something many women rarely hear - straightforward, uninhibited guy talk.

Don't be so shocked - guys do actually talk, and not just about Tom Brady's quarterback rating. Most women think their man is the strong, silent type (or maybe the oblivious, silent type), and they wonder why he doesn't share his feelings.

But here's the truth: Men do want to open up, about their hopes, their fears, and their passions. Yet put him alone in a room with you, and he often turns into a Sphinx. Why can't he take his eyes off the TV and talk about the state of the relationship, or the finances, or, heck, the backyard landscaping? Why in the world can't he just summarize his day for 10 minutes?

In fact, one in five women say that they typically fight about a man's lack of verbal interaction, and 30 percent of men say their failure to communicate is the source of major conflict in the relationship. Why is it this way?

Here's one answer: Because even men who have feelings to share don't always feel comfortable sharing them with their partner. These are some of the reasons why some men often prefer to zip it, rather than delivering the goods:

Guys Are A Little Intimidated

No question, women are expert communicators. They throw questions like Oprah after her third cup of coffee; they're connecting on all cylinders. And like the divine Ms. W, women bring a lot of skill to their game: A special awareness of the people-scape around them, a keen set of emotions keyed to that awareness, and a rich vocabulary they use to talk about anything at anytime.

And they're always practicing their Q&A skills on their many friends, so they're in top talk mode all the time. Men know this. And they also know that more than one-third of women say that men simply can't relate and don't understand women. The result: Men are afraid of saying too much, because saying the wrong thing may get them into more trouble than Lindsay Lohan as a designated driver.

Guys Need To Decompress

Woman's view: When a man walks in the door, he ought to cough up some of the details about his day. After all, it's been 10 hours since they've communicated, not counting the two IMs, three voice mails, and one actual mid-day conversation.

Man's view: Can I please make a beeline to the bathroom? When men reach home, it's like those ultra-marathoners staggering across the finish line in Death Valley. The last thing they want to do is discuss how bright the sunlight was, and how scarce the water stops were.

Further up on his want-to-do list after arriving home: 14 percent of men want to check email, 12 percent are looking for a little private time in the bathroom, and 10 percent simply want to eat dinner. The common theme here: After they've spent a day serving the needs of others, they want to take care of themselves a little.

So when a man is hit with a demand for conversation so closely after returning from the stressful environment of work, he has only one gear left to shift into, and sometimes it's reverse. He's retreat, retreat, retreat.

Guys Are More Comfortable With Actions Than Feelings

Rather than talking about how he "feels," often a man would rather express his love by changing her oil, or bringing home a flower, or relinquishing control of the remote.

And when men do talk, they'd prefer to talk about actions rather than emotions. For instance, a lot of guys would choose to express their long-range faith in a relationship by talking about next summer's vacation plans, not by launching into a soliloquy about undying love.

Both conversations can mean the same thing (that he plans on sticking around); he just prefers to say it with plane tickets, rather than poetry. It's one of the reasons men are more comfortable talking at work (the practical universe) than they are at home (the castle that emotion built). But you can bring out his great communicator by making him feel more like he's operating in work mode, even when the topic at hand is your love life. Here's an incredible article, "The Home Office," that shows how he can use his best office skills for great success at home.

Guys Don't Want To Be Put On The Spot

When men talk less and women want more, the scenario can escalate. Like when the bad cop is pummeling the reluctant witness, more silence equals more questions. A full 65 percent of men we surveyed recently told us they don't want their partners to ask them more questions about themselves.

It's clear that some men are just plain tired of feeling like they're on the witness stand. They're not necessarily hiding anything; many guys simply prefer not to have to relate confusing feelings that they may not even understand themselves.

An age-old tactic can make things better: Back off a little, give him room to operate in a conversation, and he's more likely to open up. To find out if his lack of communication really does mean that your relationship needs a tune up, take this quick quiz.

Have other insights and advice? Please share them here.

Last edited:
I normally know what I've done to irritate him and I'll ask him "Honey, when I said........did that upset you, I'm sorry I was being honest but I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." He's normally better afterwards.

Aww that's so sweet. See, last Thursday I kinda knew too what may have been bothering him but I only said "Are you upset about something?" and of course he said no. But he been funny acting all week so finally when I told him today that he's been real funky lately and that he was hurting my feelings, he then says that How come I don't ever ask him about how he's feeling. So i said, "okay how are you feeling? what's on your mind?" and he began to tell me what it was that i did to upset him last Thursday. I was like :rolleyes:. And i said well why didnt you say something? and he says "i shouldn't have to say something" so I said, well you're right you didn't have to say a word because I know you sweetie and I can tell when you're not okay, so why when i asked you what was wrong that day you say Nothing, then wait days to tell me what was going on :wallbash:.

I think I will try what you just posted D, cuz normally I do pretty much know exactly what I did/said that got to him.

So after we had that conversation, got to the bottom of it all and had a better understanding of how we each think, we made up and kiss kissed into the phone and said I love you to each other :love2:.

Aww that's so sweet. See, last Thursday I kinda knew too what may have been bothering him but I only said "Are you upset about something?" and of course he said no. But he been funny acting all week so finally when I told him today that he's been real funky lately and that he was hurting my feelings, he then says that How come I don't ever ask him about how he's feeling. So i said, "okay how are you feeling? what's on your mind?" and he began to tell me what it was that i did to upset him last Thursday. I was like :rolleyes:. And i said well why didnt you say something? and he says "i shouldn't have to say something" so I said, well you're right you didn't have to say a word because I know you sweetie and I can tell when you're not okay, so why when i asked you what was wrong that day you say Nothing, then wait days to tell me what was going on :wallbash:.

I think I will try what you just posted D, cuz normally I do pretty much know exactly what I did/said that got to him.

So after we had that conversation, got to the bottom of it all and had a better understanding of how we each think, we made up and kiss kissed into the phone and said I love you to each other :love2:.

If I know I did something, I'll go ahead and apologize to get on with life. My thinking is, that's a week he's mad at me that we could be doing something else.

They are babies, I do the same thing with my kids.

After being married I only ask what is wrong twice. I'll ask, "Honey are you okay?" He'll say yes or he doesn't want to talk about it yet. I'll ask again and if he still responds the same I talk about whatever the heck is on my mind. Men are like rubber bands. They'll spring back whenever they're ready.

Yeah, I posted something similar to this about men shutting down a couple of months ago. I have learned to let him be.

HAHAHA... my SO does that. It annoys the f*#k outta me. Especially when they bring it up a week later... I just give him the look like, "you're telling me this now, because...?" Its kinda mean I guess, but he needs to grow up.

Back