Massaging / Scalp Care Challenge :) 2010

sorry i'm so late in the game...but count me in!
Regi :
x1
prepoo w/ amla oil
Wash with shikakai
Deep condish

Cowash 1-2x

Braid at night
oil ends

3x Massage w/ Sulfur 8

Last edited:
Welcome to the new comers :). Update: I washed my hair with the cv tea tree I need to massage more than I have been but my nape is doing well. What about you ladies? Also I've been doing twists/braids that helps with less itching but I know if I wore a fro I'd massage like I should its winter tho so I'm holding off on exposing my hair and cutting it until about March when temperatures climb. I'm going to try the ors scalp itch oil after I finish with my turnover oil.

:hiya: Happy New Year everyone...!!!

I've been massaging my front and side edges with Jamaican Black Castor Oil for 5 mins since Dec 26 faithfully. I usually do massages at work when I have downtime. :yep:

I've heard great things about jamaican black co as far as growth too. Have you noticed any? Does the oil sink into your scalp pretty well?

:hiya: Happy New Year everyone...!!!

I've been massaging my front and side edges with Jamaican Black Castor Oil for 5 mins since Dec 26 faithfully. I usually do massages at work when I have downtime. :yep:

I've heard great things about jamaican black co as far as growth too. Have you noticed any? Does the oil sink into your scalp pretty well?

I haven't noticed a difference yet as I've been using it since Dec 26, 2009. Kami11213 (feature of the month) has shown her progress pics using JBCO on her edges and they look awesome! :yep:

I'm joining this challenge too! I have locs and massaging my scalp is just as essential as women with loose hair. I wash my hair once a week, but I've been neglecting my scalp somehow.
I will be using my hair oil mix (black castor oil, olive oil, vitamin E oil, peppermint oil) once a week, most likely the day before washing.
The rest of the week, I will TRY to massage my scalp no less than twice with some olive oil that I will spritz on my fingertips.

I'm in!!! I neeeeed this. My scalp was so sore over the weekend. Think it was due to dryness b/c it felt better right after my wash &DC yesterday. Dinner time now so will post reggie later. :D

Alright now. Another Challenge for me. I think I'm going for a record today. I will be focusing on my crown especially, but my scalp in general needs some tlc. I'm researching horseradish as a hair fall remedy. I think I may end up in the kitchen cooking something up since I can't find much available and potent. I will massage my scalp daily but will apply whatever horseradish concoction I come up with before each wash, let it marinate and then voila!

Checking in! I oiled my scalp last night with a new oil: Bringraj oil (sp) with a coconut oil base. It tingled after an hour or so, and not in an allergic way!lol. I don't really like the smell but I am enjoying the cooling sensation. I might rotate this with my coco oil if I like it aftere 2 weeks.

I massaged and oiled my scalp last night with flowers of sulfur mixed in coconut oil with a dash of sweet almond oil. Then I baggied.

I massaged in some sweet almond oil earlier with my DC on. Right now my hair has that swangalang so I'm not putting any extra on my scalp now. I'm gonna let it breath

OK, I'd like to join this one.

My goal is to massage 3 times a week for 10 -15 min on Mon, Thursday and Sat. I'll do it with either my fingers or my massage brush. The oil that I will be massaging with is Aloe Vera extract. My currently regi is in my siggy, which may change because I'm thinking of revamping it but it will still be in the same place. I'm committing to weekly washes with a stem/dc (when it warms up it could be more but for sure it will be once a week) in addition to a bi-weekly Protein treatment.

can you add me?
i will be using bee mine serum, jbco and coconut oil.
i have been using bee mine for about 2 weeks and it is keeping my scalp healthy and flake free. my scalp is normally normal lol. no flakes or itchies but when i use black soap it dries my scalp out but i still use it because its great for my hair. the bee mine keeps my scalp looking mist and feeling good.
i will use coconut oil because i love it nuff said.
and i will be using jbco because my hair is very fine and thin and i am looking for as much thickness as i can get.

ETA: i plan on messaging my scalp no less than 3x a week. tonight im going to do a scalp message with jbco and then run it through my hair and baggy overnight with it.
tomorrow when i do my w&g puff im going to use bee mine on my scalp and jbco on my hair to seal.

I sent you a pm b4 seeing the february closing date! I'd like to join this challenge! Do you think its safe for me to use elasta qp scalp stimulating treatment shampoo weekly? I will wash with it once a week and a their creme shampoo once a week and deep condition 2 times a week. Prepoo adding clove bud, rosemary and lavendar eo, Scalp massages with doo gro scalp treatment 2 times a week. My crown could use the stimulation from this challenge!

Checking in! I forgot to post about my first scalp massage of the week! My fiance massaged my scalp on Monday and it felt so good that I fell asleep... Now I'm gonna have to trick him into doing it more often. :look:

I think I might join. My scalp is in need of some LOVE. I have a mixture of EVOO, rosemary, tea tree oil. I know its good but the smell makes me gag. I'm going to add some lavender and try using it once a day with massages.

Checking in!

I pre pooed,washed, and condish... I massaged before and during the prepoo.
I might up the massage everynight...it is tideous but feels so good!

I massaged my scalp dry last night because I was bored, and it felt a little dry. I wanted to stimulate my own scalp oils to come out. Then I massaged in my coconut oil sulfur mix before baggying.

Last night I massaged my scalp with a mixture of evoo, rosemary for stimulating, clove bud for anti-septic & lavendar for soothing then I baggied showered and went to bed.

Yes, I think it should be quite safe as long as the directions say its ok. Elasta qp is very good.

I sent you a pm b4 seeing the february closing date! I'd like to join this challenge! Do you think its safe for me to use elasta qp scalp stimulating treatment shampoo weekly? I will wash with it once a week and a their creme shampoo once a week and deep condition 2 times a week. Prepoo adding clove bud, rosemary and lavendar eo, Scalp massages with doo gro scalp treatment 2 times a week. My crown could use the stimulation from this challenge!

Hey ladies,

Welcome to the new participants I'm glad you decided to join us. There's great massaging ideas coming from all of you. As for my personal update I did a massage with teatree oil today. I washed Friday even tho I had been washing every 2 weeks. I put in a aphogee treatment and it took well. So I'll keep on with the progress.

41kAPpQfRIL._SS400_.jpg

70409262-260x260-0-0_Homedics+Homedics+PM+50+Hand+Held+Mini+Massager+wi.jpg

The top picture is my Hairmax laser comb to help with my thinning crown and the second picture is my hand held massager for my scalp.

Back