Married Women who wander...

People DH knows are married and BOTH were cheating. They got AIDS/HIV and don't even know which spouse gave it to the other. They stayed married and even had a baby (without HIV/AIDS) and seem to be stronger as a couple but wow.....both cheating and got HIV/AIDS from some unknown person since they were both out there with multiple people. There are consequences....trust me.

Thank you for sharing this. I have often wondered about men who survive infidelity.

Not to pry, and please do not feel obligated to share more, but did anyone outside of you and your DH know about the cheating? I ask because I think couples can mend if everyone is not in their business and telling them to divorce over the infidelity.

I forgot to say there IS a price to pay. Every time I see a movie which involves cheating and DH is there, I feel like crap. He doesn't say anything but I think who the **** was I to do this? Why did I break his heart? Why did I turn into a person I hardly recognized? It hurts when he occasionally mentions how he can't believe he was able to get over the pain of my indiscretions. There's nothing I can say because he has the right to speak his mind. I give him credit for never doing it maliciously to put me in my place. My price is heartache. Yeah, I know the past is the past but I will always see the Scarlet Letter on my chest.

People DH knows are married and BOTH were cheating. They got AIDS/HIV and don't even know which spouse gave it to the other. They stayed married and even had a baby (without HIV/AIDS) and seem to be stronger as a couple but wow.....both cheating and got HIV/AIDS from some unknown person since they were both out there with multiple people. There are consequences....trust me.

OMG! That is so sad. Talk about consequences, that is a huge one. All in all, it's just not worth it. No way does the PRO's outweigh the cons when we talk about infidelity. Although I am glad this couple managed to make it through such an ordeal.

You know, I never thought about that. Although in this instance, both of their side men are also married and they've had the same side man for YEARS!!!

And, if they are bold enough to say what they're doing (although I don't think it's anything to be proud of) why not admit the repercussions of it? Why make everyone think it's the good life?

I think it's kind of gross. Especially where the side piece is married too? I don't like it. :nono:

ETA: I have often commented here that where there is a marriage where the woman is being disrespected (i.e. Gov. Sanford's wife or Mechelle McNair), that I would hope the woman had her own side piece...but, still....seeing it for true in black and white.... I still don't think I actually like it. I mean...especially when the "coloring" isn't "good" for the moment....that's a part of marriage. It ebbs and flows. If you aren't feeling the journey, then you shouldn't be on the journey. BUT...with all that said....I'm not worthy to judge. I just wouldn't be the one doing it.

Last edited:
I've wandered during the first 1/2 of my marriage. It stemmed from being self-destructive. I was used to breaking hearts, dumping dudes, and just being a real nasty b!tch to men. I was very needy and loved having my ego stroked. New men excited me, made me feel special. I started to view my husband as the enemy. He was too good to me and I needed to be free. Yes, real stupid!It's actually pretty painful for me to recap this but not all women who wander are purposely devious. Speaking from personal experience, I did it because I was trying to fill the holes in my heart. I went through so much growing up and I self-medicated in unconventional ways. I didn't do drugs, drink, or cut myself, but what I did I feel was worse because I did stain my vows. Fortunately, I am past that. Occasionally, I get scared about reverting back into the trash I used to be, but I am in a good place now.

Hey lady! :huggle: I have no judgment for you or other ladies. I'm glad you shared. I love that you are on a journey and you are aware of it. That's the stuff that great people are made of.

I think some subjects are best not discussed on this forum, as much as I love it here, that my truth...

The real vicissitudes of marriage is one of them...

I feel what you are saying J. LHCF can be a dangerous place...as much as we do love it. On the other hand...people like me, who haven't been married longer than eight years and who never had to tussle with infidelities....we may be short-sighted about what a real LONG TERM marriage is like. I think a healthy discussion on the "real vicissitudes of marriage" could be helpful if everyone could manage to keep an open mind. Many of us here haven't had that journey...a LONG marriage...and we are still sitting atop a fairytale perception of what it should look like.

I do believe that men are less likely to forgive but I am inclined to believe that it based on a case-by-case basis. Yes, there is ALWAYS a price in the end. Many people look at a marriage and think they know the details but really don't. They only know what the people in the marriage tell them and not an ounce more. Anything can be worked out if the two parties involved make a sincere attempt to work past it. In my case, I think my husband was able to see the real Lucie, even when I broke his heart and couldn't see through my own fogginess.

I was proud of my behavior in the past. Sick, I know. I thought I was a player and that I was untouchable. I had men, money, fun, who was better than me? When I crashed, I crashed and burned HARD!!! I lost lots of friends, money, my husband temporarily, and my self-respect. It got worse before it got better and the thing that helped me was just surveying the damage, forgiving myself, and fixing things one-by-one. I became really overwhelmed and started to hate myself. Very unpretty ish! But I made it. It's not something I am proud to share but perhaps someone who is currently like the old Lucie can relate and stop while she's ahead.

I love your thought process, Lucie/PH!

Back