MARRIED LADIES: Does your DH look like you pictured he would?

LivingDoll

I think I've met my future DH. I've known him for years and lately things are getting more serious between he and I. Not really a problem BUT he looks nothing like the picture I had in my mind of what my husband would look like.

I'm just wondering if any of you got the man that you envisioned...

overall yes. he's attractive in a teddy bear sorta way. after thinking about it more, i realized that i'm attracted to his spirit and his personality. he's a good communicator, he loves the Lord (but ain't a holy roller), he cares about me and my feelings.

he's a winner...just not in the package I was expecting. don't get me wrong, he's attractive in a gerald levert kinda way...that's not my usual "type".

Last edited:
:lachen:I know that's right! Did it take you a while to get over the fact that he wasn't your usual type?

A GOOD while, especially when I realized that lighter men have odd coloring in their special place. :lachen: So I guess, I KINDA got my "color preference". :blush::lachen:

I used to love those Morris Chestnut BUT with height, men...You know, so nice and dark with those nice bright teeth...men that had to smile in pictures. :lachen: But I married a man that needs to wipe his head before pictures :lachen: :lachen:

A GOOD while, especially when I realized that lighter men have odd coloring in their special place. :lachen: So I guess, I KINDA got my "color preference". :blush::lachen:

I used to love those Morris Chestnut BUT with height, men...You know, so nice and dark with those nice bright teeth...men that had to smile in pictures. :lachen: But I married a man that needs to wipe his head before pictures :lachen: :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I have an interesting story. A long time ago I had this dream that I had a husband named Yuka and he was Asian. This was way before Asian dudes were even on my radar or even thought I'd ever date one let alone marry. Fast forward about a decade later and my bf is Asian (his name isn't Yuka though) and if I were to get married it would be to him.

I used to love those Morris Chestnut BUT with height, men...You know, so nice and dark with those nice bright teeth...
men that had to smile in pictures. :lachen: But I married a man that needs to wipe his head before pictures :lachen: :lachen:

I'm the same way. Why do I have a feeling my future hubby (yes I'm claiming it:grin:) is gonna be the opposite of what I want, in the physical aspect I mean. But as long as he treats me well, it's all good.

I have an interesting story. A long time ago I had this dream that I had a husband named Yuka and he was Asian. This was way before Asian dudes were even on my radar or even thought I'd ever date one let alone marry. Fast forward about a decade later and my bf is Asian (his name isn't Yuka though) and if I were to get married it would be to him.

Really? That's awesome...

When I first met my SF (Special Friend) I told my sister that I thought he was "the one". That was 7 years ago. I've distanced myself from him, straight ignored him and treated him mean. He's still hanging around. I treated him like that because I didn't feel like I was ready to be with him. His been so patient.

I also have to consider that I may not be everything he imagined either...

Last edited:
I'm the same way. Why do I have a feeling my future hubby (yes I'm claiming it:grin:) is gonna be the opposite of what I want, in the physical aspect I mean. But as long as he treats me well, it's all good.

I hear you claiming it, loca! That's what I realized too. My SF is a winner. He treats me like a queen...he's so gentle towards me. It's so different than what I'm used to.

Last edited:
I hear you claimimg it, loca! That's what I realized too. My SF is a winner. He treats me like a queen...he's so gentle towards me. It's so different that what I'm used to.

I can relate to exactly what you are saying. My SF (I guess I will call him that for now too :look:), he is very different from what I imagined but he loves God and puts him first in everything he does. He is a praying man and he is so gentle, calm, nice, relaxed which is very different than what I am used to. Also, he is very caring...I can tell by the way he treats his family. I really feel he is my husband...as a matter of fact, I already claimed it...:look:.

I can relate to exactly what you are saying. My SF (I guess I will call him that for now too :look:), he is very different from what I imagined but he loves God and puts him first in everything he does. He is a praying man and he is so gentle, calm, nice, relaxed which is very different than what I am used to. Also, he is very caring...I can tell by the way he treats his family. I really feel he is my husband...as a matter of fact, I already claimed it...:look:.

...and it shall come to pass! You pray for me and I'll pray for you! :grin:

BTW, it's a good feeling isn't it?

overall yes. he's attractive in a teddy bear sorta way. after thinking about it more, i realized that i'm attracted to his spirit and his personality. he's a good communicator, he loves the Lord (but ain't a holy roller), he cares about me and my feelings.

he's a winner...just not in the package I was expecting. don't get me wrong, he's attractive in a gerald levert kinda way...that's not my usual "type".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
You just made me BUST out laughing.
I am seriously dating this guy, who could possibly the one. I love his spirit. His communication. All of that is great,
but why does he look like a light skinned Gerald Levert?
My friend was cracking on me the other day, she was the one that named him
Gerald L.
Soooooooooo not my type-physically:ohwell:

(my friends told me it would be dry and superficial of me to not consider someone just because of their body type if everything else falls into place)

My fiance is very handsome, but no he is not what I envisioned. He is Irish American and for the most part I have never been in awed over White men.

It didn't take me long to adjust though, because I think he is gorgeous.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
You just made me BUST out laughing.
I am seriously dating this guy, who could possibly the one. I love his spirit. His communication. All of that is great,
but why does he look like a light skinned Gerald Levert?
My friend was cracking on me the other day, she was the one that named him
Gerald L.
Soooooooooo not my type-physically:ohwell:

(my friends told me it would be dry and superficial of me to not consider someone just because of their body type if everything else falls into place)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH! Are you serious???

OMG...that's too crazy. So u know how I feel, huh?

Really? That's awesome...

When I first met my SF (Special Friend) I told my sister that I thought he was "the one". That was 7 years ago. I've distanced myself from him, straight ignored him and treated him mean. He's still hanging around. I treated him like that because I didn't feel like I was ready to be with him. His been so patient.

I also have to consider that I may not be everything he imagined either...

Girl he may not wait around for you forever. Go get him and see what happens.

My fiance is very handsome, but no he is not what I envisioned. He is Irish American and for the most part I have never been in awed over White men.

It didn't take me long to adjust though, because I think he is gorgeous.

That's so nice. Congrats on your engagement!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH! Are you serious???

OMG...that's too crazy. So u know how I feel, huh?

You don't understand, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was going to pm you,
but i'm just putting all my ish up here on front street.

The man is exactly what i had asked for in all ways..
saying grace at supper... cooks me supper.. lol, breaks his neck to run to my side of the car to open my door.. everything.

but. G.L.

Girl he may not wait around for you forever. Go get him and see what happens.

You're so right. I'm getting it together and putting in the effort now. Last night I said:

Me: "What do you want from me/this relationship?"
Him: "I want whatever God has in his plan for us. I've always believed you are a magnificent woman...the kind of woman I want to grow old with"
Me: :blush::look:

You don't understand, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was going to pm you,
but i'm just putting all my ish up here on front street.

The man is exactly what i had asked for in all ways..
saying grace at supper... cooks me supper.. lol, breaks his neck to run to my side of the car to open my door.. everything.

but. G.L.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I CAN'T DO NOTHING BUT LAUGH...

You're so right. I'm getting it together and putting in the effort now. Last night I said:

Him: "I want whatever God has in his plan for us. I've always believed you are a magnificent woman...the kind of woman I want to grow old with"
awwwwwww
that was sweet:lachen:

Awww. Girl he is into you.

:yep: and scary...:look:.. they say "be careful what u wish for"...I know what they mean now. it's a bit overwhelming. :yep:
lol

yes there is this guy that ive known for 7 years hes a Christian 1 year older than me just not my type lol. we hung out 3 weeks ago and we chilled. when i left him i didnt give him a hug because i didnt feel i needed too. needless to say we havent talked since. he has liked me since we met. i guess i wasnt what he was looking for either:lachen:.

Back