Man, I saw this dude on the subway last nite with better looking hair than me!!!

*ElleB

And it was longer too! I was like, dang. I bet he doesn't put in half the effort....Given, he was a Latino guy, but don't you hate when u see that??!! I was blowing out my little brother's hair the other night, he has been wearing braids now (thinks he's cute) for like 2 years, and HIS hair is now about longer than mine!!!

Ladies, what is up with that??

I always see guys with great hair.

I was in a salon once and there was a guy there in to get cornrows.

He hads such nice natural hair. I wanted to touch it so badly. :)

HoneyDew said:
I always see guys with great hair.

I was in a salon once and there was a guy there in to get cornrows.

He hads such nice natural hair. I wanted to touch it so badly. :)

LOL @ wanting to touch it...But I feel ya...And most guys are natural and they don't fuss too much and it grows....If it was that easy for us, we wouldn't need this forum...

I KNOW...I'M JEALOUS EVERYTIME I C MY EX BOYFRIEND...THAT FOOLS HAIR IS LONGER THAN MINE...HE DON'T DO ANYTHING BUT WASH AND CONDITION HIS HAIR...I'M SO JEALOUS....BUT HE'S JAMAICAN

I see guys with long hair all the time where I live. They're mostly keeping it conditioned and cornrowed all the time or they're growing locs.

haha speaking of snoop.. i *loved* his hair..also one of the bonethugsnharmony guys'.

is it because they do less styling than we do? could also be nutrition?... most men eat whatever they crave but many women restrict foods for weight control...

yeah i know i hate tht when i see a guy with better conditioned and longer hair than mine is...im just dang what am i doing wrong...but like everyone has mentioned all they do is wash it, condition it(sometimes) and cornrow it...and they may apply something to scalp when they are getting it done...but hardly hear about any guy that actually applies anything to there scalp while they are wearing cornrows maybe....

I think it is b/c their hormones don't topsy-turby like ours do, they have "system stability" :) The female body is very "delicate" so to speak, hormones make everything crazy with us, including our growth rates/cycles, etc.

*ElleB said:
And it was longer too! I was like, dang. I bet he doesn't put in half the effort....Given, he was a Latino guy, but don't you hate when u see that??!! I was blowing out my little brother's hair the other night, he has been wearing braids now (thinks he's cute) for like 2 years, and HIS hair is now about longer than mine!!!

Ladies, what is up with that??

No relaxing. I see countless young black men with GAW-GEOUS hair, long braids, beautiful, glossy afros that are TALL....just UNTAINTED, LOVELY, THICK LUSTEROUS HAIR.....and their counterparts.....young black women walking around bald, near bald, see-through wrap do's, broke-off backs, dry, thirsty ends, just pathetic! :(

EDITED TO ADD: No relaxing and NO heat styling. Combined with a hundred years of MISINFORMATION and MISEDUCATION among black women about how to care for our hair.

Back