Male Ego

syze6

I watched an episode of Divorce Court yesterday and there was a couple who had been together since high school. They got married and they have two daughters. The guy decides he want a break and they separate. He starts dating other people and the wife ended up doing the same. They got back together and he was still holding her dating against her. He would verbally abuse her because he felt she betrayed him. Even though she was doing the same thing he was and HE was the one who wanted to separate. He was having a hard time getting over it and the Judge broke it down to him. She basically talked about the male ego and that it is the most fragil thing some possess. It just goes to show how a man can do things and cannot take it if done to them. The judge basically told him to look at her and how she seemed poised and beautiful. When she asked him if he thought she would be single for long, I couldn't help but laugh!

The judge read him well believe that! He was upset that he was out there dating different women and she found ONE man to get involved with her and her two daughters! You better believe that one hurt more, than if she was dating multiple man. LOL!

I wanted to have high hopes that they could be better for each other since they had kids and the judge gave him a very eye opening lecture about himself. I really wanted him to get it. Reality though is often different and it would probably take a miracle for him to change. I hope she didn't end up wasting too much more time with him.

I watched an episode of Divorce Court yesterday and there was a couple who had been together since high school. They got married and they have two daughters. The guy decides he want a break and they separate. He starts dating other people and the wife ended up doing the same.

Do you remember the name of the episode? I'd like to see it.

Really reminds me of this from Slate -

The Monotony of Monogamy

I married my first sexual partner, and now I’m itching to cheat.
Question:

My wife and I have been together since high school, 17 years ago, and married for nine years. We are each other's only sexual partner. We both went through our own "seven-year itch," but nothing came of it, we were never unfaithful, and we stayed committed to each other. Now I find myself often wondering what it’s like to be with another woman. I have constant sexual fantasies about other women—it feels like my sexual hormones are at full throttle. I sometimes convince myself that it would be OK to have an affair. Then I realize my wife and I have something very special, and I put my sexual thoughts aside until they come up again. I haven't taken any action, but I just don't know what to do.
Answer:
Your letter makes me wonder if Romeo and Juliet had been able to run off and get married whether he (or she) would be writing a similar letter 17 years later. You two do have something very special. And if everyone were like both of you, there would be no need for the HPV vaccine. But it’s also understandable that given the prospect of having sex with only one person for the entirety of your life, no matter how delectable your partner or how deep your love, you might feel an intense desire to have a sexually profligate time at least for a little while. There are few who conduct themselves with more rectitude than the Amish. But even they understand that a lifetime of virtue can be hard to bear, and some allow their children a period of wildness called rumspringa. During it teenagers leave the community and wear fashionable clothes, drink, smoke, take drugs, and have premarital sex. Once this is out of their system, the majority choose to return to the community and accept its restrictions. You and your wife have such a good relationship that a few years ago, you were able to deal honestly with each other about the frustrations of committing so young.

Since you don’t mention children (which would vastly complicate how you act on your desires), I’ll put that aside as a consideration. I’m against your unilaterally deciding to cheat, but given your internal struggle now, it’s time for another painful discussion about your union. Perhaps the prospect of proposing a temporary separation, or experimenting with an open marriage, will make you realize you don’t want to risk capsizing your relationship. But if you continue to feel trapped and miserable, and she agrees to change the rules of your marriage, if only for a while, you two need to think hard about setting some boundaries for carrying this off, i.e., living apart and not dating people your spouse knows. Before you embark, be certain you understand that your marriage will not only be changed—it could cease to exist.

Oh, yes. Men can dish it but cannot take it. I had an ex who seemed to have a million women friends that he would communicate with, and would even keep in touch with some of his exes. It bothered me for countless reasons. Even though I never saw anything inappropriate in his conversations between these girls I still found it inappropriate to keep in contact with them when trying to pursue a serious relationship. He said he saw absolutely nothing wrong with his behavior because they were just "friends." :rolleyes:

Yet one day he saw a text message convo between me and one of my elementary school guy friends who lives halfway across the country and he flipped the *** out. I couldn't help but laugh at the irony. He couldn't even deal with me having an innocent conversation with another guy. The crazy thing was that the conversation revolved around my friend's mom who had just had surgery. He just saw a guy's name and immediately became insecure.

Needless to say that relationship was one that didn't last very long for many reasons including the double standard mentioned above.

I saw the episode
And the woman was pretty she could do much better than him
He was controlling and insecure AF! Ugh

He also said no one would want her with kids

He had a nasty personality

Unfortunately there's a lot of women out there who would believe that foolishness that we are undesirable because we have a child/children and end of settling because of it and it's so untrue....

Oh, yes. Men can dish it but cannot take it. I had an ex who seemed to have a million women friends that he would communicate with, and would even keep in touch with some of his exes. It bothered me for countless reasons. Even though I never saw anything inappropriate in his conversations between these girls I still found it inappropriate to keep in contact with them when trying to pursue a serious relationship. He said he saw absolutely nothing wrong with his behavior because they were just "friends." :rolleyes:

Yet one day he saw a text message convo between me and one of my elementary school guy friends who lives halfway across the country and he flipped the *** out. I couldn't help but laugh at the irony. He couldn't even deal with me having an innocent conversation with another guy. The crazy thing was that the conversation revolved around my friend's mom who had just had surgery. He just saw a guy's name and immediately became insecure.

Needless to say that relationship was one that didn't last very long for many reasons including the double standard mentioned above.
That's funny... I was in a similar relationship once and he was the same way-- Everything was ok if he did it but if I even thought about considering having a conversation with another male (didn't matter who it was, even family!) it was WWIII in that house... smh-- it's a shame how that works.

Do you remember the name of the episode? I'd like to see it.

Really reminds me of this from Slate -

The Monotony of Monogamy

I married my first sexual partner, and now I’m itching to cheat.
Question:

My wife and I have been together since high school, 17 years ago, and married for nine years. We are each other's only sexual partner. We both went through our own "seven-year itch," but nothing came of it, we were never unfaithful, and we stayed committed to each other. Now I find myself often wondering what it’s like to be with another woman. I have constant sexual fantasies about other women—it feels like my sexual hormones are at full throttle. I sometimes convince myself that it would be OK to have an affair. Then I realize my wife and I have something very special, and I put my sexual thoughts aside until they come up again. I haven't taken any action, but I just don't know what to do.
Answer:
Your letter makes me wonder if Romeo and Juliet had been able to run off and get married whether he (or she) would be writing a similar letter 17 years later. You two do have something very special. And if everyone were like both of you, there would be no need for the HPV vaccine. But it’s also understandable that given the prospect of having sex with only one person for the entirety of your life, no matter how delectable your partner or how deep your love, you might feel an intense desire to have a sexually profligate time at least for a little while. There are few who conduct themselves with more rectitude than the Amish. But even they understand that a lifetime of virtue can be hard to bear, and some allow their children a period of wildness called rumspringa. During it teenagers leave the community and wear fashionable clothes, drink, smoke, take drugs, and have premarital sex. Once this is out of their system, the majority choose to return to the community and accept its restrictions. You and your wife have such a good relationship that a few years ago, you were able to deal honestly with each other about the frustrations of committing so young.

Since you don’t mention children (which would vastly complicate how you act on your desires), I’ll put that aside as a consideration. I’m against your unilaterally deciding to cheat, but given your internal struggle now, it’s time for another painful discussion about your union. Perhaps the prospect of proposing a temporary separation, or experimenting with an open marriage, will make you realize you don’t want to risk capsizing your relationship. But if you continue to feel trapped and miserable, and she agrees to change the rules of your marriage, if only for a while, you two need to think hard about setting some boundaries for carrying this off, i.e., living apart and not dating people your spouse knows. Before you embark, be certain you understand that your marriage will not only be changed—it could cease to exist.

I know the girl was Josephina Corona and his last name was Silva.

Back