Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer Lotion

metamorfhosis

Hello-

I was looking through my hair care products box and ran across a bottle of Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer. I used it after washing and my hair came out shiny and moisturized. I forgot about Luster's. It contains mineral oil and petroleum but it seems to work better than other moisturizers.

Have you ever tried Luster's? Did you like it?

nooooooo sista noooooo...:lachen:

this was my pride and joy before i started my journey. it's such a manipulating product! it makes u think ur hair is moisturized but i don't think its really doing the job. haven't touched it in a year actually

nooooooo sista noooooo...:lachen:

this was my pride and joy before i started my journey. it's such a manipulating product! it makes u think ur hair is moisturized but i don't think its really doing the job. haven't touched it in a year actually

Run away from Pink bottle of lies. :stop:

I'm new on here and just started on my hair jouney though I have to agree, this is one product I would stay away from. Luster's was my best friend and I constantly used the Pink Oil Moisturizer but quickly learned the effects of your hair feeling nice, soft and "moisturized" is all an illusion! :sad:

PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE LUSTER'S ....:lachen:I used to go through that huge bottle with the pump in like two weeks, I would slather that bad boy on like at least twice a day...like it was crack!! my hairdresser was the one who told me to stop using it. she was like you hair is soooo dry, what are you putting in it...I was like Luster's Pink Oil, all the time....she was like don't you notice how often you have to keep putting in your hair, it dries out your hair:nono:. haven't looked back since girl. toss it. it does give that "illusion":look:
the only thing I use from Luster's now is the Pink smooth touch new growth kit...and yes they always have that damn pink oil in the kit that always gets tossed:grin:

Anyone notice they took Pink Lotion off of the shelves at Wal-Mart?:lachen:It was pulled off quicker than that time they had pregnant Barbie. Well not really, it was well past due... I wonder what happened?

OMG...this stuff is the DEVIL...my hair came out a hard brittly greasy mess. I mean, if it works for you...:ohwell: But I am worried about you're prolonged use of it:nono::nono:

I've had 2 hair dresser tell me never to use this crap. They said it will eventually suffocate your hair. I think I used it when I was younger but I didn't know anything about hair.

Bottom line if you want you hair don't use it!! :nono:

HoneyDew I am so glad you posted this!

THERE IS BEESWAX IN THERE! People are rubbing beeswax and Lanolin and petolatum on their hair everyday! I mean seriously... I thought beeswax was for dreadlocs or strong molding gel for styling... not moisturizing... that is awful. I cant imagine having to use that stuff again... now I realize why my hair never took in moisture while I used it, and even when I washed it was a hard and tangled mess. Nothing was getting in through that beeswax barrier :look:
the ingredients: :nono:

Deionized Water, Mineral Oil, Lanolin, Beeswax, Petrolatum Sodium Benzoate, Sorbitan Oleate, Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA, Methylparaben, Propylparabean, Imidazolidine Urea, Fragrance, Red 33

But wait! On Walgreen's site there is a very postive review. Someone luvs herself some Pink Oil. :spinning:
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100652&id=prod8253

Pink Oil is the devil!! At least for me :look: It's good at the illusion of moisturizing the hair but all it does is coat your strands.

I knew them heffas repackaged that mess, because here are the ingredients to the Luster's Smooth Touch Grolotion:

Deionized water, mineral oil, petrolatum, glycerin, steareth-2, steareth-20, beeswax, isododecane, ethylehexyl, hydroxystearate, farnesyl acetate, panthenyl, triacetate, panthenol, fragrance, methylparaben, imidazolidinyl, carbomer, triethanolamine, propylparaben

Attachments

• grolotion.jpg
    grolotion.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 150
I knew them heffas repackaged that mess, because here are the ingredients to the Luster's Smooth Touch Grolotion:

Deionized water, mineral oil, petrolatum, glycerin, steareth-2, steareth-20, beeswax, isododecane, ethylehexyl, hydroxystearate, farnesyl acetate, panthenyl, triacetate, panthenol, fragrance, methylparaben, imidazolidinyl, carbomer, triethanolamine, propylparaben

:lachen::lachen: They need to quit!

And why is it called Grolotion. These companies think that can throw "gro" on something and it will sell. Well, maybe that does sell. :nono: Pretty sad. More women need to stop using it so that they can see the error of their ways and pull that stuff off the shelves!

That stuff is so heavy and greasy. Coats your strands and makes them stick together, they should call it Pink Glue Moisturizer:spinning:

I think pink lotion is the cause for all the "trims" my hairdresser at the time said i needed because my hair was sooooo dry. but my relatives used it and had nice hair so i thought i would have nice hair too. i havent touched this bottle in years and everytime i see it on shelves i look at it like it stole my boyfriend:grin::lachen::lachen:

think they slick:lachen::lachen::lachen:albeit, the touch up kit ain't half bad and works great for my texlaxes....maybe I should stick to my Just For ME:rolleyes:

I agree with you cmw45, that hair crack ensures your prolonged use by causing the problem that you're actually trying to fix:spinning:

That is a LHCFer'S worst enemy. :lol: But if it ain't broke, why fix it? My mom used to use it to set my ponytails on rods as a child and it was alright on dry hair used in moderation. I wouldn't dare put that crap in my hair now. Even before I came to this board. It seemed like my hair was moisturized but then later on it would dry out. And it always felt greasy when I applied it.

the ingredients: :nono:

Deionized Water, Mineral Oil, Lanolin, Beeswax, Petrolatum Sodium Benzoate, Sorbitan Oleate, Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA, Methylparaben, Propylparabean, Imidazolidine Urea, Fragrance, Red 33

But wait! On Walgreen's site there is a very postive review. Someone luvs herself some Pink Oil. :spinning:
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100652&id=prod8253

The girls at my old job used to use it and were talking about how good it was. When I tried to tell them it was bad they didn't want to listen. But I guess who am I to give them hair advice when I always had a weave, wig or braids? :rolleyes: They were forever trying to get me to wear my hair out because they wanted to see what it looked like.

LMAO!!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Hello-

I was looking through my hair care products box and ran across a bottle of Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer. I used it after washing and my hair came out shiny and moisturized. I forgot about Luster's. It contains mineral oil and petroleum but it seems to work better than other moisturizers.

Have you ever tried Luster's? Did you like it?

Put the pink bottle DOWN and back away slowly...slowly...slowly...

NOW RUN!!!!

:lachen:

I always get this disgusted look on my face when I see it in stores. How can they continue to sell that crap to women??? It used to make my hair feel nice for about 3 hours. Then it turned dry and crunchy. It really IS the devil!:evil:

It's been so long since I've used this I can't remember exactly what made me stop using it. I remember I used to use it as somewhat of a heat protectant. It would leave the nastiest build up on my curling iron as well as my hair. I would never suggest anyone use this on their hair in today's time - too much better stuff out there - stuff that actually does what it's supposed to do.

When I was using this a couple of years back, I could never understand why my hair was shiny but really dry. I thought something was seriously wrong with my hair versus the product.:perplexed My hair was coming out in my hands.

Well, I finally came to my senses and fired Pink's...you're out!!

Thanks so much ladies for the heads up! Pink Oil is really deceiving. When I used it my hair just seemed so moisturized. It hasn't gotten dry yet because I am also using Alma, Shikaki, and Coconut oils.

I was getting ready to buy a liter size of the Pink Oil. I am so glad I checked with my experts first. Thanks again!

You guys are the best!!! :grin:

Last edited:
Now I understand why my hair used to feel so dry when I used it way back when. hmmm....

OOOOHH CHILE! We must rebuke the Lusters!!!:grin: You might as well melt some plastic and pour it on your head!

Back