Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2022

I just did my olaplex 3 treatment. Now I will be super gentle when I detangle after washing my hair. I have to be super nice to my newly trimmed ends.

Yes, those newly trim ends are like gold dust. They split due to wear and tear. That wear and tear comes from how the human that possesses the hair, handles the hair and ends. Do right by that precious, priceless gift of freshly trimmed ends deserves! Imagine the beauty and length retention if you could keep them damage free for 12 months!!! :eek::toocool:;)

I have minimized knots on my ends with Shea butter. I barely have any. Before, I had knots on almost every single strand. I still have split ends but those have gotten better, too. My next goal is to cut down on the broken hairs I have.

From Jamericangurl 2005 Posts about Wanakee Pugh's Hair:
I saw her about an hour ago and she's still a beauty and that hair is still long and healthy! She says she's no longer the face behind Verifine Complex. She sold the company some years back. The formulations are different....Just an FYI.
This is the only pic I could find of her though?

Her [Wanakee] hair is Gawgous! She had it pulled back and there was not a fly away hair on her head. Her ponythail was bra-strap. It was a kinda pulled up pony....I was like dang! I'm sitting up there talking to her looking like a Qtip. Having a no curl definition day :(
Sum-body find some pics of this woman. I think she's a minister now? i didn't ask? but, I'd heard?

1645992901677.png
Wanakee Pugh: Look at those Luscious, Healthy Hair Ends!

I am going back to the office tomorrow. I will be wearing my kinky curly headband wig and moisturizing and sealing every other day while oiling my scalp in the mornings and scalp drops at night

If your work is stressful, you may want to investigate and research Vitamin B Complex Stress formula. You have made some great progress. You don't want work to mess with your fabulous length and health gains of your hair.

Well, I don't know you all managed to do it, but ya'll escaped from this thread. I call out, but all I get is an echo.

That's alright, though. I'm growing me some luscious, healthy ends. Even IF, I got to do it by myself.

Last edited:
March is here! So far, I have been continuing to coat my ends weekly with Olaplex 0 and Olaplex 3. I trimmed my hair back due to getting a knot in one braid in the back at the nape. Thus, I had to trim the other braid on the other side, too. I see now that the hair has returned back to the length it was prior to the trim. There is tremendous value in fiercely guarding the health and length of the ends of the hair. It pays dividends over the long run in that you get to
keep so much of the length that you grow.

It’s still very cold where I live. In the summer, I wash every 2-4 days, but in winter, it takes so long for my hair to really dry, that I end up washing every 10-14 days. And I have to wait a few hours after washing to put in my leave-ins, or my hair won’t dry at all. I’m finding that my ends are not drying out much if I use the leave-in conditioner, shea mix and oil, nor am I seeing a lot of splits or knots.

Yeah I'm still here, I will be doing a spritz of Keracare Leave in mainly on my roots. Then I'll go in with my Aveda Deep Nourishing Moisturising treatment on the lengths and ends and seal with Virtue Healing Oil.

Heres a few pics of a few lil curls

Attachments

• 57765B20-AA30-476D-8C95-7FD347D93D03.jpeg
    57765B20-AA30-476D-8C95-7FD347D93D03.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 17
  • C0CD6263-E672-4669-B11C-7C8778F948E6.jpeg
    C0CD6263-E672-4669-B11C-7C8778F948E6.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 17
I'm here. not sure I have a full plan yet on what I'm doing with my ends. It may take me another month or two to figure it out since I'm not used to wearing my hair curly. My curly set is getting better and the weather is warming up so I'm taking advantage of it.

I ordered the K18 since I color my hair. I am hoping that helps improve the condition of my hair overall. I will start that probably next weekend.

For now, I'm just resetting my hair every 4 to 5 days and not doing much more than that.

Im still here!

Recently rediscovered my love for ayurvedic herbs so I have been oiling my hair, scalp, and ends with vatika. Hair feels incredibly soft and shiny. Wondering why I ever stopped.

Also gave myself a little dusting. It was supposed to be a trim but I chickened out when it was time to cut anything substantial, lol. I should go back and actually trim though. :look:

Milestone: 500 Posts!!!!!

If 500 posts were 500 inches...and I divided 500 by 6 inches, that means 83 of us could get the maximum of 6 inches for 2022.
Well, if you stick with taking care of those ends,
83 of us just might do it.

I'm claiming 6 inches for Everybody in 2022!​

Last edited:
It’s still very cold where I live. In the summer, I wash every 2-4 days, but in winter, it takes so long for my hair to really dry, that I end up washing every 10-14 days. And I have to wait a few hours after washing to put in my leave-ins, or my hair won’t dry at all. I’m finding that my ends are not drying out much if I use the leave-in conditioner, shea mix and oil, nor am I seeing a lot of splits or knots.
Good! It sounds like Queen Shea is keeping those ends nice and moist and strong.

Yeah I'm still here, I will be doing a spritz of Keracare Leave in mainly on my roots. Then I'll go in with my Aveda Deep Nourishing Moisturising treatment on the lengths and ends and seal with Virtue Healing Oil.

Heres a few pics of a few lil curls
Those curls look long and lush and it's not even 1/3 the way through the year, yet! There is nothing little about those full, gorgeous curls!

I’m here! I’m in the process of moving into our new home. We are 95% complete. My hair has been in two two-strand flat twists under a beanie. It is cold out here! I will never move in the winter again!
Congratulations on the purchase of your new home! Are you putting a scarf between your hair and your beanie? Winter time can produce some of the BEST prices for the buyer. That right there is a blessing! It's better to keep those ends safe and tucked away until you have time to focus on them and treat them gently.

I'm here. not sure I have a full plan yet on what I'm doing with my ends. It may take me another month or two to figure it out since I'm not used to wearing my hair curly. My curly set is getting better and the weather is warming up so I'm taking advantage of it.

I ordered the K18 since I color my hair. I am hoping that helps improve the condition of my hair overall. I will start that probably next weekend.

For now, I'm just resetting my hair every 4 to 5 days and not doing much more than that.
Let us know how that K18 works for you! I think it fortifies the hair more deeply than Olaplex. Keep us posted, please.

Im still here!

Recently rediscovered my love for ayurvedic herbs so I have been oiling my hair, scalp, and ends with vatika. Hair feels incredibly soft and shiny. Wondering why I ever stopped.

Also gave myself a little dusting. It was supposed to be a trim but I chickened out when it was time to cut anything substantial, lol. I should go back and actually trim though. :look:
That's a good sign when you revisit some product or process and the results come out great! Incredibly soft and shiny hair sounds fabulous!

I finally managed to install my mini twists. It took forever and a day to do. As I was doing them, I was thinking that @Chicoro had a good eye when she said that she didn't notice any knots at the ends of my hair. My hair ends were pretty good and most of the time was taken up by trying to finger detangle my roots and various areas of my length. After finishing my hair, I realized that I don't need to trim my hair yet.

LHCF_20220302_1.jpg

First pic are my ends in medium twists last week. Second pic are my ends yesterday after washing (mini twists).

How is that one section of hair that you mentioned that you had heat damage with? I could barely see it. Has it blended in with the rest of your hair?
It's more than one section, but its contained to three areas; the front, a little in the back and a section in the rear bulk of my hair, on the right hand side. The top front still blends well enough in a wash n go because the rest of my hair is so textured. The straight strands just set together and are lost in the mass. But it looks and feels so stringy to me. I can really see the volume difference on my length here, especially when I put two braids in the front- how I'm wearing it now. I didn't expect the heat damaged hair to regain any texture, and it hasn't.

From using Olaplex 1+2+3, my hair is feeling fortified and strong. I think I used protein a week or so after using Olaplex 1+2, and it doesn't feel like it's needs any more. I also used 3 as a follow-up, a several washes later. When I have been up for washing my hair, I've focused on moisture, sometimes with silk amino acids.

I need to mix up a shea butter blend, and hunt down some Kinky Curly Curling Custard because the products My hair needs whatever else it was getting in 2017.

Back