Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2022

View attachment 478959View attachment 478961
Newest photos.
I’m getting better with my Denman brush. Thank you @Napp for the videos you posted here and in another thread! It has helped me tremendously! I have fallen back in love with my curly hair!
I stated in a previous post that I had my stylist cut my hair, so that I could wear it straight in a bob. I’m no longer interested in that. I’m loving my curls! Now I’m like dang! I shouldn’t have cut my hair. I lost between 1”-3” in length. I’m at neck length instead of shoulder length now.
I just want to state that this is my fault. The stylist did what I asked and she did a great job.

@keranikki your hair is so cute! I'm glad the videos helped! I may need to pull out my Denman when I'm back to wearing wash n goes!

@Napp

Can you refresh my memory, or point me to the post where you have your regimen, please? I want to see what you are doing to have made so much progress in such a short amount of time. Can you list your products, processes, what you do daily, weekly and monthly and any treatments you do that fall outside of the daily, weekly and monthly routines? Also, are you taking any vitamins or supplements?
I actually don't think I've posted my regimen on here.

My updated regimen while wigged up is that I moisturize altetnating days with a moisturizing leave in and a protein leave in.

I use the LCO method with S- Curl (moisturizing) or Joico Kpak Liquid Reconstructor (protein) being my liquid, Camille rose Almond Jai my cream and Afro Sheen lush fro butter as my oil/butter.

Pre Poo, wash, protein DC, moisture DC and and rebraid hair every 2-4 weeks depending on the time I have.

I also use Ever ego herb ego scalp drops at night and take viviscal, iron, msm and collagen supplements daily.

@Napp

I agree with everything that Chicoro and LushLox said. Maybe you are just experiencing winter blues and it is affecting you.

I recommend waiting until Spring to do anything drastic. What you are doing looks like it is working to me. Reset your hair weekly, even with wigs to make sure you are giving your scalp and hair enough water. Your breakage could just be due to trying to go too long between wash days. Moisturizing your hair helps your hair but the scalp needs water because it is still skin that needs to be hydrated.

Take some deep breaths and look at your pictures again with fresh eyes. :bighug:

I don't think I'll have enough time to do my hair every week with my upcoming work schedule but I think every 2-4 weeks I will wash and rebraid instead of every 6-8 weeks like I was doing before. My hair doesn't seem to like being left alone for too long

@keranikki your hair is so cute! I'm glad the videos helped! I may need to pull out my Denman when I'm back to wearing wash n goes!

My updated regimen while wigged up is that I moisturize altetnating days with a moisturizing leave in and a protein leave in.

I use the LCO method with S- Curl (moisturizing) or Joico Kpak Liquid Reconstructor (protein) being my liquid, Camille rose Almond Jai my cream and Afro Sheen lush fro butter as my oil/butter.

Pre Poo, wash, protein DC, moisture DC and and rebraid hair every 2-4 weeks depending on the time I have.

I also use Ever ego herb ego scalp drops at night and take viviscal, iron, msm and collagen supplements daily.

I don't think I'll have enough time to do my hair every week with my upcoming work schedule but I think every 2-4 weeks I will wash and rebraid instead of every 6-8 weeks like I was doing before. My hair doesn't seem to like being left alone for too long
OK. I know you mentioned thinning which is why I mentioned hydrating more often. But if it is only thinning on the ends but not at the scalp then that is a different story.

I know historically we have gone long periods of time without watering our scalps but we don't do this with any other part of our body. Just do it as often as your schedule allows.

Sorry to be picky, but I would like to know what your regimen was from Sept to Feb. If the only difference is the wig, please let me know. If not, I would like to know exactly what you WERE doing to get your results from September to February, please. Thank you!

Sorry to be picky, but I would like to know what your regimen was from Sept to Feb. If the only difference is the wig, please let me know. If not, I would like to know exactly what you WERE doing to get your results from September to February, please. Thank you!

Oh I was experimenting alot with these results.

At first I was moisturizing daily with just S-Curl. Then I started to add Camile rose almond jai after daily. Then I began to seal with Afrosheen lush fro butter daily. Because my hair felt moisturized longer I moisturized 3-4 days. After I added a protein with aphogee every other day because my hair began to feel mushy. Than I started to stretch the days between moisturizing but didnt like the results so I ended up moisturizing daily or every other day alternating moisture or protein. And I was only taking iron and Viviscal supplements at the time. Also I left my braids for 6 weeks which was way too long.

Last edited:
My ends were in decent shape, but I decided to cut some length last week. I tend to wear my hair out. I wanted to reduce the gap between my longer and shorter length, and improve the overall shape of my wash n go. After cutting, I put in large twists. I've worn a headwrap every day this week because time and energy lol but at least my ends are wrapped up.

I am back to wash n goes again. I took down my braids because I wanted to wash and redo my hair and noticed a small area in my hairline that is thinner than the rest. I blame it on this new edge control I was using which was very waxy and seems to suffocated my hair in that area. This is the same area that thinned out when I wore crochet braids for six weeks. Thank goodness I caught it early before it became a bald spot. it has only been a week since I put these braids in. I'm sure it will grow back in with little tension and time I am going to wear my hair out for a while but I'm really worried on how I'm going to wear my hair when I go back to the office. :confused:

I am back to wash n goes again. I took down my braids because I wanted to wash and redo my hair and noticed a small area in my hairline that is thinner than the rest. I blame it on this new edge control I was using which was very waxy and seems to suffocated my hair in that area. This is the same area that thinned out when I wore crochet braids for six weeks. Thank goodness I caught it early before it became a bald spot. it has only been a week since I put these braids in. I'm sure it will grow back in with little tension and time I am going to wear my hair out for a while but I'm really worried on how I'm going to wear my hair when I go back to the office. :confused:
From the pictures you’ve shared your wash n go looks great! The more you wear it the more comfortable you will get with it. It took me months to stop being self conscious wearing mine. Especially when I was going to see someone who had never seen me with my hair curly. Once you get used to it life becomes so much simpler.

From the pictures you’ve shared your wash n go looks great! The more you wear it the more comfortable you will get with it. It took me months to stop being self conscious wearing mine. Especially when I was going to see someone who had never seen me with my hair curly. Once you get used to it life becomes so much simpler.
Agreed! Corporate America and the military have been unforgiving in previous years when it comes to our hair. While there are still pockets of ignorance, our greatest hurdle is our self consciousness. You got this @Napp

I don't like the way my natural hair looks honestly. I can't get with it. The back looks fine but the front looks a mess. It's so short and thin looking I'm tempted to relax it and just leave it to the professionals. I'm so frustrated with my hair.

I don't like the way my natural hair looks honestly. I can't get with it. The back looks fine but the front looks a mess. It's so short and thin looking I'm tempted to relax it and just leave it to the professionals. I'm so frustrated with my hair.
I’m so sad to hear that. The front was the part of my hair that took me the longest to get used to. For a long time I would twist the front and leave the back loose. Over time, and with a good haircut I got used to the front too.
When I went from relaxing to texlaxig it also took me a long time to like my hair.
Black natural hair isn’t appreciated enough in our society and it makes it hard for us to see how beautiful it is.

I was at my wits end. I did a wash n go and hated it. I don't know if it was because I used a Denman brush but I hated the end result. Several hours and looked a hot mess. I was at a low point so I went to the salon and got my hair professionally braided. I was in and out within 2 hours clean and dry. I will be wearing full wigs with bangs so I won't have to slick back my edges. I don't want to deal with my hair anymore. I'm going to keep these braids for as long as possible because they were expensive. I got medium cornrows with hair added.

Im tired y'all. TIRED. Im thinking of just leaving it to the professionals from now on. Maybe time will get me out of this funk but I don't want to deal with it anymore.

I still haven't put my hair into mini twists, but I'm going to aim for this week. I think that my ends are alright, but I want to dust them. My hair is in medium twists right now and my ends don't look as thin as they did a few months ago. Keeping my fingers crossed that that means that my shorter lengths are doing what they need to and playing catch up with the longer lengths.

20220219_LHCF_3.jpg

Alright, we are heading into the home stretch. Next week will be the last full week of February.

I hope everyone has moved to implementing some kind of process for delicious, hair ends!

But don't let your guard down. Because the unexpected can happen at ANY moment!

Ladies of LHCF, are you READY to push through this last full week of February?

Imagine if you stick with this until December! But guess what? You don't have to worry about December. We are taking things a day at time time, a week at a time, a month at time.

Here it is we are already heading toward month #3 of 2022. Bravo to you for sticking around and hanging in there! Even if you have fallen off or have YET, to get on, every little bit helps to you to develop habits and discipline.

It spills over to all areas of your life!

If All This Seems a Little Extra Just for Some Hair, That's Because It Is...

But you know what? It works!

I can't believe that February is almost finished and has only about 9 days left in the month. I realize that I have lots of breakage around the roots and nape of my hair. That's okay, though. I don't use a scarf on a consistent basis when I retire to bed. I need to start wearing my scarf again.

I have been quite faithful to protecting my ends and treating them, thus far in 2022. I am still loving the addition of Olaplex No. 0 and Olaplex No. 3 as an Ends Treatment for my hair, along with the continuous use of Queen Shea!

I still haven't put my hair into mini twists, but I'm going to aim for this week. I think that my ends are alright, but I want to dust them. My hair is in medium twists right now and my ends don't look as thin as they did a few months ago. Keeping my fingers crossed that that means that my shorter lengths are doing what they need to and playing catch up with the longer lengths.

View attachment 479051
Your hair ends look good to me. I don't see any knots. They look nice and full. You're starting 2022 with a surplus of hair. That's always a good thing.

Now that I paid money to get my hair braided I am less likely to take them out too early out of curiosity. Every lick of my hair is securely braided down with a bit of braiding hair to make everything sturdy. I am shooting for 8 weeks with these braids. I feel as though with the braiding hair will make my hair tangle less in the braids. I plan on moisturizing 3 days a week to help the braids last a little longer as well. 2 moisture days and one protein day. I am shooting for 100% retention from here on out!

Congratulations to @Napp! She's our first Luscious Ends Inspiration of this thread!

If you need some inspiration to start this Luscious Healthy Ends Journey, or to continue on it, just take a look at her hair ends. Four months! That's it people. Four months can change the look and life of your hair FOREVER! I hope you are inspired because I sure am.

1645433947809.png

Reposting:
Post # 423 for photos
Post #451 for regimen
(Both photos and regimen are re-posted below.)

I flat ironed my hair and my ends look busted. I'm thinking I need to cut my ends to SL and start over. My hair thins in the middle and I don't know why. My hair just seems so thin and I have alot of breakage. I think I may have to head to a salon and get my hair done. Im going to need a big cut. I am going back to wigs as a protective style. I am going to try keep growing my hair out and try to figure out how to retain length before I do the big chop. I'm hoping I can get to BSL and cut it back to a full APL but that sounds like a dream or something.

View attachment 478973

I came across a product called Rewind by Brazilian Blowout. Its supposedly the first anti aging hair treatment on the market. No straightening is needed for this treatment to work. It is a professional only product though but its expensive AF. I have my license though so I can get my hands on it. Not sure if it better than Olaplex or K18 but I am going to try it as a last ditch effort to holding on to my raggedy ann ends lol

Olaplex Product Hacks Video!

She mentions covering your hair in a plastic cap to intensify No. 0 and No.3. I do this all the time. I remove my braids, apply No.0 and No. 3 to my ends. Then, I put on a plastic cap. I do this because my understanding is that Olaplex is working as long as the hair is wet.

FYI:
I found out that Olaplex No. 8 is supposedly a [more] concentrated version of Olaplex No. 3:

Article title: I Tried Olaplex’s New No.8 Hair Mask & The Results Are Unreal
"Think of it (Olaplex No. 8) as a more concentrated version of Olaplex No. 3.) According to Lavinia Popescu, vice president of research and development at Olaplex, No. 8 has been formulated to avoid protein overload so that hair doesn't become dry and break over time."

And, to use No. 8 you wash the hair first and then put on No. 8, which is a mask. This is mentioned in posted video, too. BUT, I am not convinced because of where the magic Olaplex ingredient appears on the ingredient list:

Olaplex No. 8 ingredients list: Ingredient # 20
Water (Aqua/Eau), Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Olivate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Bromide, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Quaternium-80, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Extract, Ceramide AP, Ceramide NP, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate, Arginine, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Jojoba Esters, Panthenol, Squalane, Carthamus Tinctorius (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Histidine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid, Pca, Phosphatidylcholine, Citric Acid, Sodium Lactate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Bis-Cetearyl Amodimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Citral, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene

Vs

Olaplex No. 3 ingredient list: Ingredient #2
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Quaternium-91, Sodium Benzoate, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyquaternium-37, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Etidronic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.

I personally am sticking with Olaplex No. 0 and Olaplex No.3 !

Next week is the start of Month #3! Time is going by very quickly. Are you ready for the March Luscious Ends Challenge 2022?

This is an unglamorous challenge. It's not until you are wanting to get your hair done and that you will see the results of the discipline of caring for your ends. Hang in there. There is length in them there hair ends worth more than gold ! Don't miss out on your jackpot in 2022!

No need to go to Vegas to win BIG!

Hey ladies, I was gifted Olaplex 3,4 and 5 but 3 is what I wanted to help manage breakage. I’m thinking of returning 4 and 5 in exchange for 3s. But I’m wondering if the shampoo might be worth keeping. But again it’s the 3 that I need. @Chicoro any thoughts?

Hey! What a wonderful blessing you have received.

Short Answer: Keep and try them all.

Long Answer:
My suggestion is to go ahead and try out all the products that you were gifted. Make observations and take copious notes. This way, you can know for sure what works for you or not, for FREE! Then, when it is time for you to spend your money, you can do so with confidence knowing that you have already tried the other products in the line (except 0, 6,7 and 8). You can decide to eliminate some of the products from your future purchase or know for sure you want to add them in your future purchase. Any doubt is relieved regarding 3,4 and 5!

Back