Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2015/2016

I just realized that my hair retains moisture easily because it is humid here (in Houston). If I moisturize daily I get overmoisturized hair. If I seal my hair is heavy and it blocks out the moisture in the air. I truly just had an aha moment.

It's no wonder my best hair days are when I am near the beach. And now I know why my hair likes protein so much.

I did a wash and go on Monday night. Last night and tonight I refreshed my hair with a leave in conditioner. Tonight I sealed my ends with castor oil.

Twisted my hair on Monday. I used my Care Free Curl and Dax pomade. My hair drank up the pomade-especially on my ends where I purposely overapplied it. I've realized a few things:
  • My hair is far too dry to use Care Free Curl anymore, no matter how much I love it. If I'm going to keep my ends healthier I will need to let CFC go and switch to something buttery. I am thinking about the Profectiv moisturizer
  • I cannot *NOT* deep condition my hair. It's far too weak to be a minimalist right now. Perhaps in a few years.
  • I need to keep on using beeswax. Stuff keeps my ends smooth like no other.
I am still holding off to cut my ends until the end of this month. I was so depressed over the damage to my hair. It's a million different lengths.

I moisturized with Ciment Thermique (protein) leave in. It doesn't smell as good as the Keratin and it has a sticky texture. On the bright side it seems to strengthen my hair.

Washed/conditioned and styled my hair today in an hour. Yes!! I finger detangled this time and only left the conditioner in for a few minutes in the shower. I think that I'm going to try dc'ing once a month under heat. I'm getting tired of all the time it takes condition my hair. And my hair doesn't seem to be any worse for wear.

Put in 2 strand twist tonight. Made sure I combed through my ends before twisting. I think not combing in previous installs has led to knots and tangles on my ends. My ends felt fairly decent so expecting to only need a small dusting next week.

I couldn't hold off until the end of the month. I went ahead a few minutes ago and cut a substantial amount off my ends. I would estimate it an average of two inches off each twist (I did see some sections that were more than that). Even with all that I have decided to get my hair professionally shaped up because right now the unevenness is real. I am going to have to use bobby pins to keep my hair in a bun. So many areas were so stringy it reminded me of a term that I first heard on this board some years ago, "lead hair". Ya know when people claim to be a certain hair length and it's like one hair. I wish I could remember who first wrote that, but yeah...

However, I do feel refreshed. This is something I should have done a while ago. I am far more concerned with healthy hair than long hair. After my cut I put a little more curl activator and Dax pomade on my ends.

My ends have been in good shape. I've been M&Sing every few days except over the last two weeks. I probably could use a trim.

I just wish my ends weren't so coily. I can't finger detangle to save my life.

Just washed and dc'd my hair with some Palmer's Olive Oil Shampoo and Nutress Protein Pack. I moisturized with Profectiv Mega Growth and sealed with Dax pomade. My hair feels soooo good.

I used up all my eco styler gel 2 weekends ago, so I decided to try a new gel. I went to ulta and bought the Devacurl gel ($40, uggh). I used it this past weekend, and my hair did not like it at all, the smell wasn't my cup of tea, and my hair came out a HAM. So it's definitely going back to the store. Out of desperation, after work yesterday, I bought some eco styler gel and Shea moisture deep treatment masque (which I was trying for the first time) at Sally's so I could redo my hair. I got some interesting results.

1. My hair was ok with the back to back washing. And I was able to shower, wash/condition my hair and style in 45 mins. So I think I'm going to start doing a mid-week refresher of my hair, because my wngs don't last a full week. And that will help keep detangling to a minimum.

2. I'm not sure what did it (whether it was the back to back washing or the Sheamoisture), but my hair had less shrinkage and dried faster last night. The Sheamoisture deep treatment masque was weird. It had a chalky consistency (no slippage at all, though I still detangled with it) and I noticed that it was oily, which is different from all the other deep conditioners I've been using lately. The different oils I've tried in the past haven't worked for my hair, but something about this product really worked. I'm excited to try it again in a couple of weeks. And the results I got were after leaving it in for only 5 mins.

So I'm pleased with the results and the discoveries.

I put in flat twist extensions and my ends wrapped with the marley hair like it was supposed to. I usually have hair sticking out in all different directions. That's a very good sign that my ends are getting better.

I'm dusting tonight and have officially made 3 months since my last dusting :yay: I've done some search and destroys but much less than I did starting at the beginning of the year. Tonight I will do a protein treatment, DC, quick wash, blow dry, trim and then style it.

I moisturized in 4 sections with Nutri Thermique and put my hair in 4 bantu knots. Then I went section by section and did a search and destroy. I still need to trim my bangs, but I might wait until next month...

I put some aloe gel on my edges and tied them with a satin scarf. Nothing lays down these edges, but I won't give up:laugh: My ends should be good until I moisturize tomorrow

Im back. I had cornrows in, hiding underneath a wig for like 4 weeks. I plan on washing and DCing tonight and then follow that up with a LOC session.

SM Restorative Conditioner and Hot 6 Oil will be my items of choice for todays M&S session. I need to be making my way over to the Dominicans to get my hair straightened and ends trimmed. I don't think I have had them done professionally since 5/2014.

Back