Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2015/2016

Checking in. Still on my healthy ends regimen. Using LOC with rice bran oil/jojoba oil/grapeseed oil (alternating and sometimes mixing) and TJ NourishSpa cond to seal. Wet bunning daily this summer as well.

I got a shampoo, deep treatment and blowout. It was very luxurious. I am going back tomorrow. This will be my third time getting a Thermique treatment. That stuff is great for reducing frizz.

How much is that? I need to make an appointment sometimes this week or next. These ends needs Jesus!

A wash and blowout/flatiron is $50. On Wednesdays deep treatments are $25 so I always get that too. My ends need Jesus too lmbo.

It's near Bissonet in the River Oaks area I think. Studio A Salon is the name and I go to Bunmi

I had a much needed moisture/seal session last night. I spritzed my ends with aloe juice and glycerin, then I sealed with Aceite 3 ( a blend of castor, olive and almond oils). Mt hair is soft and blinging. It smells great too. Today my ends are tucked away in a bun.

@faithVA

I'm a terrible poster lately! I apologize. I'm taking the bar exam at the end of this month, and then hopefully I'll be around more.

I'm still moisturizing and sealing with Shea butter every other night. My hair is really growing too, I need to do a length check at the end of this month.

Finally back at home. Washed, protein dc, and twisted my hair. Trying out BB products and I actually liked them. Twisted my hair with Murrays beeswax. I don't know why I even bother with anything else. My hair loves this stuff.

I am going to get more Dudleys DRC28 and start using that once every other month.

@faithVA

I'm a terrible poster lately! I apologize. I'm taking the bar exam at the end of this month, and then hopefully I'll be around more.

I'm still moisturizing and sealing with Shea butter every other night. My hair is really growing too, I need to do a length check at the end of this month.

There is no need to apologize. You have something serious going on and you need to focus on that. We will still be here when you get back. Wishing you much success on your bar exam.

Last night I took down my flat twists and did a search and destroy before I did my clay wash. It's so much better than it was this time last year. Hopefully by the time my hair reaches full SL I won't need to search and destroy each wash and maybe I can stretch my dustings out to every 3 months.

I'm back to water rinsing every 3 days to see if the increase in moisture helps my ends.

Definitely seeing improvement and seeing an increase in retention over last year.

Lately I've fallen back and have only been washing my hair twice a week. I've noticed a lot more single strand knots on the ends of my hair so I've been singling them out and snipping. I did a light dusting the other (wash) day. I need to up my washes but I'm feeling lazy. I think it's the heat over here at the minute.

I think I've retained some length after my dust but I really want to put my hair away for a good few weeks (I say this now:rolleyes:) so I can be pleasantly surprised.

I still have my mini twists. I washed them last night and did a protein treatment and deep conditioning. My hair is so soft today. I'm going to try to keep my twists for at least another week.

I'm going to wash and dc my hair this evening with a moisturizing mask. I have been neglecting my ends lately so this should make up for it

Did my usual search and destroy before washing. Water rinsed and conditioned with Tresemme Undone. I finger detangled which I haven't done in a few washes. Still have some tangles but getting much better.

My hair has come a long way. At the beginning of the year I would have a floor full of broken pieces every time I did my hair. It was a pain having to sweep when I finished. Today I played in my hair trying different styles and then went through and did a search and destroy and just a few pieces were on the floor. I'm still experiencing breakage but its greatly reduced. My dusting in December should leave me with some pretty ends :pray:

I have not checked in for a long time but I think I joined this challenger earlier in the year. I am still pampering these ends and protective styling. I am close to BSL.

@faithVA what was causing the breakage?

A combination of things. I had a bad episode with a stylist that shredded my ends and left me with a head full of splits. And also using shampoo and DC too often which was drying my hair out.

So I've been doing search and destroys for 1.5 years which has gotten me over the split end issue. I have reduced shampoo and DC to only once a month and dropped the leave-in. And I've started clay once a week and a water rinse mid-week and that has turned things around for me.

I'm still recovering from a bad salon experience too @faithVA. I've been slowly trimming my ends for over a year now. I may have it all off by December, but that means I won't gain any length this year.

That is one of the reasons I became a diyer. No one takes care of my strands like I do.

I'm still recovering from a bad salon experience too @faithVA. I've been slowly trimming my ends for over a year now. I may have it all off by December, but that means I won't gain any length this year.

That is one of the reasons I became a diyer. No one takes care of my strands like I do.
I agree. I love having my hair done but I will have to let it go while I'm working on length. I may let someone twist it but I will have to do all the prep work.

My ends are in pretty good shape despite my recent heat usage. I got a new wig so I can let my hair rest for a few weeks.

Today I plan to prepoo with Aphogee 2 minute, shampoo with Con Argan oil and dc with Silk Elements Mega Moisture. Everything will be done in 4 sections. Afterwards I will put in a few big plaits to go under my wig. I usually seal my wig braids with evoo

I'm back! Woo! Just did a quick cowash and I'm under the dryer. I started using MopTop Curly Custard over a lighter spritz for my twistouts. Gives me more definition and keeps the minor tangles I was getting at bay. I still seal my ends every other day with shea butter, and I think the combination is working well for my hair. I'm planning on straightening at some point in the fall, but perhaps before then I'll attempt a roller set? I feel like I never really know how my ends are doing without them being straight, but I guess they are okay.

Not doing anything special. I'm water rinsing every 3 to 4 days for moisture. Have been sealing my ends with burnt sugar pomade and keeping my ends tucked away.

I'm scheduled for a dusting mid August but I may just continue to search and destroy and trim in December. I may do a rollerset as well in August to check my ends.

I did my wash routine and wig braids last night. I tried the tangle teaser and I really like it. My wide tooth combs leaves so many shed strands behind. Tangle teaser gets to the root of my tangles. I can't wait to straighten my hair after a TT session. For now I'll be wigging it

Back