Look what she did to my baby's hair.....cry, mad, angry!! I NEED HELP!!!

I feel the spirit of my Grandmother rising through me.
And she is saying, "Beat that girl's ass, baby."
I can't believe your cousin did something like that.
AND WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!
I swear if my SO's mother ever tries that (if we have kids)...
She's going to pay for all of the haircare that it's going to take to get my child's hair back right.
HMPH. I am so blown by this. She had such gorgeous hair.
I mean she could have even taken her to a shop and got a wash and set.
My goodness. I wonder if her bi-racial child has a relaxer.
I bet not! Because she probably thinks her child's "good hair" doesn't need it.
PLEASE! I know mixed girls with the worst hair problems.
UGH. I'm ready to ride out and hurt your cousin, I'm sorry.
I just get fired up when people relax kids hair too soon.
My mother did that to me when I was 5. SMH.
Anyways, all of the ladies have made really great suggestions.

What in the hell did she do to your babies hair? I am beyond upset for you. Let me go back and read this thread to see if you have a resolution to thismess

Spiced Tee I am so sorry this happened to your beautiful daughter. This is child abuse, your cousin should be :censored::censored::censored:!!!!!

There are just no words... to come home from Iraq and see this abuse and neglect on your baby.

May God restore all.

Why did she do this to her!

Your daughter is just beautiful...and that skin! Absolutely to die for!

I am very sorry both of you are going through this. If it is any condolence her hair will recover and be more beautiful than ever. I wouldn't even speak to that cousin anymore...she should have known better even if you hadn't left instructions...you just don't do that!

I feel the spirit of my Grandmother rising through me.
And she is saying, "Beat that girl's ass, baby."
I can't believe your cousin did something like that.
AND WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!
I swear if my SO's mother ever tries that (if we have kids)...
She's going to pay for all of the haircare that it's going to take to get my child's hair back right.
HMPH. I am so blown by this. She had such gorgeous hair.
I mean she could have even taken her to a shop and got a wash and set.
My goodness. I wonder if her bi-racial child has a relaxer.
I bet not! Because she probably thinks her child's "good hair" doesn't need it.
PLEASE! I know mixed girls with the worst hair problems.
UGH. I'm ready to ride out and hurt your cousin, I'm sorry.
I just get fired up when people relax kids hair too soon.
My mother did that to me when I was 5. SMH.
Anyways, all of the ladies have made really great suggestions.

Let's ride...

I. just. can't. let. it. go...

This has me sitting here thinking who will try to do this to MY baby's hair. I always have to correct people (even family) about them referring to her hair as "bad".

I am wondering if anyone will try something like this with her...I will get medieval on that *ss.

Thank you, Ladies so much for rallying your support. Thank you for the compliments too for little Naiomi, she is my little doll. She is smart as a whip and so sweet and polite. I have never had a problem out of her, so of course, I dote on her something terrible!

Me and the cousin situation....sigh. I don't even know if the girl is daft or what...I left very detailed instructions. I am a product junkie, and believe me when I say that EVERYTHING that could ever be needed for Naiomi's hair was in my bathroom...Boundless Tresses, Mizani Botanifying Shampoo, Mizani Moisturefuse Conditioner, and ORS Carrot Oil.

Simple instructions for Saturday morning:

Wash, condition, detangle (and yes, with the Jilbere shower comb).
Towel dry, part into four sections.
Put generous amount of ORS on each section, put into ponytail with Goody No-Snag ponytail holders, twist hair and tuck.
Let it dry. No heat. No pressing comb.
Put BT on scalp twice a week.
Change pattern of hair daily.
Tie up with scarf at night.

What's so DAMN hard about that???

You need to find someone to braid it up and just let that be part of her regimen until the hair is back on track. But more importantly you need to make sure you house is in order before you leave. The fact that someone did all this damage and felt that they had the RIGHT to make such choices WITHOUT your permission is the biggest issue. The fact that you are Iraq does not mean your role as MOTHER can be undermined... you need to whoop arse (figuratively speaking...maybe literally:look:) and set things straight before you leave. and that the fact that her daughter was looking one way and yours was looking another way, may speak to more than you know, speak to your child and make sure this is not the tip of the iceberg.

You are going to have to teach your daughter how to do her own hair. To shampoo properly, condition with every wash, and maybe then braidouts/twist outs. Teach her how to moisturize daily.

Tell her not to let anyone perm her hair or cut her hair until you return.

That is just wicked to just neglect the child's hair like that ESPECIALLY when her own daughter is well taken care of. Just wicked. :nono:

wow:nono:...I'm not sure I would trust her to take care of the braids. She may leave them in until you come back in November. Just tell her to leave that baby's head alone and get someone else to help. But please don't be too discouraged. Her hair can recover.

Your daughter is soo pretty, beautiful eyes.

That cousin of yours needs to be excommunicated asap!!!

Man I hope you find someone else that can take good care of your daughter.

As for the braids I don't think extensions are a good idea. Her relaxed hair (since she's still young- there are some baby hairs) will be damaged by extensions. Braids are good, but you need someone who wouldn't pull her hair and will take good care of it like you would. that's a shame that family members can not care as much.

I'm sorry that you are overseas trying to do your thing for the benefit of your future and your kids and people back home can't even appreciate it enough to assist you with looking after your kid. ((HUGS))

seriously we ladies can help, if you know someone in your city try to get a community of LHCF ladies to assist you. Trust we will.

GIRL! Let's go. I'll rent the car and you bring the daily moisturizer.
We're going to have to stay at a cash only motel so bring your own sheets and some Lysol.
Don't forget the leave-in and the conditioner so we can do some wash & go's.

Girl you silly but for real...

I wonder if this cousin is even remorseful...I've got to backtrack and read more of the thread...

Seeing and reading about your cousin just takes my breath away! How could someone be so callous and hurtful to their own...a small child, whose trusting and depending on them to care for them? uggggggg!!!:sad:

I agree with the others, explain the basic hair care to your daughter. I know it's hard to trust someone...is there anyone else you trust...maybe even just to make sure she has a ride to a salon (that you know will take care of hair as you wish), a LHCF'er that you know of nearby?

Your daughter is so precious, a pretty little girl! My prayers to you and your daughter. Thank you for your service in Iraq! :wavey:

First off you have to be a saint Not to have beaten the ish out of her when you saw your baby's hair (she's still pretty before and after your cousin's neglect) It's amazing how you expect people to do what's right but they still come out being idiots. Your mom and sis aren't on my good side right about now either but anywho... Let's try and fix this problem at hand.

I have no idea where you're located but why not search for a braider who'll go to the house every weekend and you pay her like 20 -30 bucks to braid your baby's hair weekly. Use the time you have this week to find someone close by (teenagers would love this to get xtra $$) you just want her to wash it and braid it down. Weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Get the contact info and mail the money directly to that individual (don't leave it up to your cousin to pay the braider- it won't get done). Exchange emails with whoever it'll be and schedule the times (coordinate with your cousin) to make sure she's home for your daughter's hair to get done.

Your daughter's project will be to spray her scalp with surge or some other moisturizing spray nightly and to tie her hair down at night with a silk scarf or even better - this week go buy her 2 black silk pillow cases. Use one when the other is being laundered.

The best part of all this is that - you know how to grow her hair. This is temporary. When you are able to get back and get things in order, trust your baby's hair will be longer and prettier than it's ever been. You know it'll take a good 2-3 years but she will be a head turner, God will see to that.

HTHs - my heart goes out to you and your little beauty. Blessings, glad you made it home safely.

Last edited:
Oh my, I am so angry and shocked that your cousin would not honor your wishes and decided to neglect your beautiful baby girl's hair that way. Perhaps you can get braids in her hair and perhaps have another relative or friend who is trustwrothy take care of your precious baby's hair until you return in Nov. I wish you were close as I would dedicate my time to taking care of her hair!

:bighug:

First off you have to be a saint Not to have beaten the ish out of her when you saw your baby's hair (she's still pretty before and after your cousin's neglect) It's amazing how you expect people to do what's right but they still come out being idiots. Your mom and sis aren't on my good side right about now either but anywho... Let's try and fix this problem at hand.

I have no idea where you're located but why not search for a braider who'll go to the house every weekend and you pay her like 20 -30 bucks to braid your baby's hair weekly. Use the time you have this week to find someone close by (teenagers would love this to get xtra $$) you just want her to wash it and braid it down. Weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Get the contact info and mail the money directly to that individual (don't leave it up to your cousin to pay the braider- it won't get done). Exchange emails with whoever it'll be and schedule the times (coordinate with your cousin) to make sure she's home for your daughter's hair to get done.

Your daughter's project will be to spray her scalp with surge or some other moisturizing spray nightly and to tie her hair down at night with a silk scarf or even better - this week go buy her 2 black silk pillow cases. Use one when the other is being laundered.

The best part of all this is that - you know how to grow her hair. This is temporary. When you are able to get back and get things in order, trust your baby's hair will be longer and prettier than it's ever been. You know it'll take a good 2-3 years but she will be a head turner, God will see to that.

HTHs - my heart goes out to you and your little beauty. Blessings, glad you made it home safely.

Yep agree!

I am so sorry...I agree with the other ladies, maybe you could get her hair braided and delegate someone to take care of your daughters hair when you are away.

I am also sorry this happened. :nono:

Yes, I agree with the other ladies as well...maybe someone else could braid her hair and care for it until you return.

This picture makes my stomach hurt, SERIOUSLY. And your mom never went to check on the baby not even one time? DAMN!!!! :perplexed Are you in Los Angeles??? There has to be a way to band together with some local ladies and keep that babies hair done the correct way. That trick needs her ass beat :ohwell: I am just beside myself :sad:

I would feel devasted if this happened to my daughter. But before the mob takes the cousin to guilliotine you need to ask:

What does the cousin's hair look like? Apparently she is in dire need of some hair education.

I haven't read the entire thread, but was the girl totally residing with the cousin. You know it's not easy to find someone to take responsibilty for another's person child regardless of the cirucmstances. I've been there on both sides of the equation. As for how did my daughter's hair survived while I was deployed? Husband had standing appointment with hairdresser located in his barber shop!

OMG WTF!!! :mad: Someone would get there A** Kicked I'm sorry, I'm pissed off for you. I wish someone would put something in my daughter's hair without my Knowledge :mad: She knows What to tell them, I don't want no-one touching my daughter hair, I don't trust anyone watching my daughter But my DH Grandmother THATS IT. :mad:I am so sorry this happened to you guys.

She's a beautiful little girl. I'd probably cut much of the damaged hair off and commit to braids for awhile. I'm assuming your cousin can handle taking her to get them done once in awhile?

Do we have any LHCF sisters in the area who could stop by? I'm serious. If the child's in Maryland I'd do it.

Wow, sorry this happened to you. Keep it in braids is a good idea til you get back.

I agree with this, Put That Beautiful Baby in some Braids. I hope you have someone else who can watch her, While your away. I would not trust your cousin anymore.

She's a beautiful little girl. I'd probably cut much of the damaged hair off and commit to braids for awhile. I'm assuming your cousin can handle taking her to get them done once in awhile?

Do we have any LHCF sisters in the area who could stop by? I'm serious. If the child's in Maryland I'd do it.

I wouldn't assume anything with that *****

Back