Longer haired black women not quite such a rarity anymore?

I notice women with long hair more often now that i have started my journey. I was wondering if they have alway been around and i just didnt notice.............kinda like when you get a new car- then u start to see that make and model EVERYWHERE!!

I wondered that, too!!!! I've got my LHCF Radar on now! :lachen:

Haven't noticed it here in Chicago either, I do see women with nice healthy hair, however they are certainly not the majority but more of the minority.. But when I visited ATL last year I was like mannnn these women here are not playing at allllll

I notice women with long hair more often now that i have started my journey. I was wondering if they have alway been around and i just didnt notice.............kinda like when you get a new car- then u start to see that make and model EVERYWHERE!!
Actually, this is the Law of Attraction at work! :yep:

I believe sightings of black, long-haired women will increase until it becomes the norm. As the consciousness of people change (of all races), the reality changes until it there is a match.

I live in Queens Ny and I'm still seeing lots of chewed up ends, bad weaves, braids that BEEN needed taken out and thin, dry hair neck length and shorter.:perplexed I hope that will change soon!

The city's better though. :grin:

Yep, I live in bk and it's the same thing for me, sadly.

That's exactly what I think is happening. Before the boards, I never paid that much attention to hair. With all that said, I'm still not seeing all these gorgeous heads of hair you all are talking about, lol.

I WISH I would see that in Michigan. This is the land of spinning weaves and bright RED hair! :lachen::lachen::lachen: I do love my weaves but I would just die if it would start spinning! I do see women who wear their own hair but the ends look like their dog chewed it up. You see a few healthy heads here and there but I tell you their a Niko's cousin! :lachen:

I'm in Boston and I definitely see more long-haired women than ever, and I see a lot of humanity riding the train into Downtown for work. It's a real turnaround from a few years ago. I'm convinced half the women in Boston are lurking here.... :sekret:

And then, I wonder if they're looking at me on the train, wondering the same thing! :lol:

I'm from Boston so I almost passed out laughing when I read your post...Hehehe:lachen:

Here in Chicago, I see lots of maybe SL hair but SL and shorter is still pretty much the norm here in the Chi.

I do see some longer than SL and they are way too many women here in Chicago with weaves.

im not fooled:grin:. My stylist friend (she dont do my hair, because of our coolness, I cant control the scissors) do a mean weave. I too have fronted with a u shaped track of thick wefted lugo and you would never tell, I had it so low around my nape that when haterz ran their fingers through they would ALWAYS miss it. Oh and when I only micro braid my inner most crown and where my hair in high ponies, I had the queenies fooled:lachen:. Plus with all races of men feeling the hell out of the black woman, of course you may see longer hair. MY OPINION, please dont fight me.:grin:

Not much going on here in Texas. I actually went to this stylist that claimed she was all about "healthy hair". She pulled out all the expensive looking products that were supposed to make my hair do "magical" things.:look: My hair was a crunchy mess. I think that TX has along way to go. I am always on the look out for someone with healthy hair so I ask who does their hair, but I never find anyone.:perplexed

I've been seeing more ladies with APL hair....but that's more common to me.

Rarely see BSL's or longer though.........

Not much going on here in Texas. I actually went to this stylist that claimed she was all about "healthy hair". She pulled out all the expensive looking products that were supposed to make my hair do "magical" things.:look: My hair was a crunchy mess. I think that TX has along way to go. I am always on the look out for someone with healthy hair so I ask who does their hair, but I never find anyone.:perplexed

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Not here in my part of SC:nono:
It would sure help when all the girls with tattered hair give me the mean look when Im trying to survive my wash and gos.

Me neither. I think weave technology is just getting better.

I co-sign with this. I hate to say it but I think that sistas are just getting their weave game on point. I mean one minute they got a nice little collarbone length and the next minute they hair going past their elbows. :brainfog: Not only us, I mean even with the non-Black women now, especially White celebs. They got the extensions game on 'lock'. :lol:

I mean you got to be damn near Sherlock Holmes to be able to tell if someone's wearing a weave now :detective:

Naw, unless they from LHCF, they suspect :badcop:

I've noticed that in certain parts of AL and MS. Actually, I was in Mississippi this weekend, and I was totally impressed with the health of most of the women's hair at the church I attended (Yeah, it was a regular ole' Baptist church not one of the long time affluent congregations where all of the people are descendants of our nation's black literati) In AL, I notice more people bunning who are fashionistas otherwise. Maybe LHCF and other haircare sites are catching on within our communities...

I have noticed more girls with nice long hair sprinkled about. ATL got their stuff on point. :yep: But it is mostly sl or apl not bsl or longer.

I don't care what ya'll say you can tell a weave from most natural hair. Most of those really good looking, natural weaves are to expensive to get for the average person. That stuff cost upwards of $500 and how many ladies do you know that can just spend $500+ on a hair do? I know, because at one point I thought about getting one, they are not cheap.

I have seen the brokest pay $$$ for some good hair. They recycle it like crazy. But that what you are suppose to do.

Yep. I was just thinking this the other day! In Philly, I'm seeing healthier hair. There are still many jakked up heads walking around, but I a noticing less and less weave.

I even see the short bobs and layers coming back, and it looks beautiful on some women.

I am also seeing more young girls with natural hair.

I love it!!!

I hope the fake hair industry goes completely out of business! (disclaimer: except for those with medical conditions.)

Here in Alabama there has always been girls with hair that grows to their waist.Lots of people here have 3a,3b,3c and 4a hair.yeah of coarse you see people with short hair here to but I noticed alot more long haired folks. Its hot here and it's always humid(sub-tropical)at the same time. It seems as if we only have two months of winter too. I remember last year wearind shorts outside during the beginning of December.

Last edited:
:nono: It's still a HOT mess in Memphis, I can tell you that right now.... the heads I see - I swear!!! :lachen: I for real hope they don't PAY people to do that ish to themselves....

I have seen the brokest pay $$$ for some good hair. They recycle it like crazy. But that what you are suppose to do.

Co-signin'!!! I believe it can be pretty darn to detect an 'on-point' weave and trust, there are average women who will put that hair on lay-away if necessary...

I'm from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and I rarely see black women with long hair that is past APL or even BSL. I know I'm not there yet either. I see so many heads I want to get my hands on, but I just keep it movin'

Back