Longer hair + Laziness

DayStar

Have any of you found that the longer and thicker your hair gets the less you actually want to go through the process of washing, conditioning and setting?I mean I dont have APL-BSL hair but darnit...im just lazy. I usually would co wash every day or every other day, but now...i only wash my hair the most once a week....im just too lazy. Plus my hair is thick (but fine) and i just dont like to deal with it. Hell i only comb my hair once a week, and thats when im in the shower.....I am very low manipulation lately.

Have any of you found that the longer and thicker your hair gets the less you actually want to go through the process of washing, conditioning and setting? I usually would co wash every day or every other day, but now...i only wash my hair the most once a week....im just too lazy. Plus my hair is thick (but fine) and i just dont like to deal with it. Hell i only comb my hair once a week, and thats when im in the shower.....I am very low manipulation lately.
:yep: Absolutely. I keep finding new ways to just leave my hair. LOL. One day I will devise the ultimate protective style challenge: Never do your hair again! My new thread is related to this, actually. I am so lazy that I have grown very bored with my hair, so I need a change and am letting ladies here pick what the change will be.

Well I like caring for my hair. If I get lazy I will just wait until I have the urge to do it. Because If I don't I might mess something up just because I'm being lazy or don't feel like it.

:wave:That is me! I am loving the low manipulation, low maintenance. I am bunning. By the time I reach my goal, I won't know what to do. :nono:

Well I like caring for my hair. If I get lazy I will just wait until I have the urge to do it. Because If I don't I might mess something up just because I'm being lazy or don't feel like it.
Me too I like caring for my hair too. I havent gotten to that lazy stage. But I dont think I ever will.

Yes gurl, it takes me just an hour to rollerset my hair. Its difficult because my hair is thick and layered, I also hate how my fingers shrivel up from all the water, it drives me crazy :wallbash: It literally takes me 5 hours to do my hair every 5-7 days :nono: I hate it.

Some times I feel this way, only when I think of how long it will take to dry as I usually air dry. But because my hair is always in braids I dont really have to worry about the rollerseting business just yet. The day I stop wearing the braids as often as I do...thats the day I will be peeing my pants as I dont think I can handle dealing with my afro in the shower 2 times a week...till then....:grin:

Yeah, I'm pretty lazy. My hair care consists of cowashing and putting it up in a bun. That's about it. I do scalp massages regularly too. But I'm too lazy for roller setting, styling and etc. I love to see hair pics from other less lazy people than I, though.

i know how u feel. i get lazy and im a thin SL.:ohwell: i see some beautifulheads of hair on this site but sometimes i wonder, if i had hair like that how am I going to take care of it:ohwell:

Yeah, I'm pretty lazy. My hair care consists of cowashing and putting it up in a bun. That's about it. I do scalp massages regularly too. But I'm too lazy for roller setting, styling and etc. I love to see hair pics from other less lazy people than I, though.

see I can do anything but scalp massages. im sooooo lazy when it comes to doing them my hands get tired very easily.

Of course there are times that I don't feel like my weekly wash, but I am so in the habit of doing it like bathing--it just takes me longer, because I will leave the deep conditioner longer and put off getting back into the shower to rinse. Once set, I will wait forever to get under the dryer.

when i say im gettin lazy, it doesnt mean i dont care for my hair, i still do...i just minimize manipulation and do things LESS frequently!

Yes gurl, it takes me just an hour to rollerset my hair. Its difficult because my hair is thick and layered, I also hate how my fingers shrivel up from all the water, it drives me crazy :wallbash: It literally takes me 5 hours to do my hair every 5-7 days :nono: I hate it.

say it again....i mean i do it because i have too, but i despise it!! my hair is thriving regardless...if im tripping now...whats going to happene when im at my dream goal of MBL? :nono: :look:

Right now I'm pretty low maintenance with it. I'm just doing the basics so it's not too much work at all and I suspect it'll be this way too when I'm MBL.

Yes, I am getting hair lazy!!! I was up till 3 am detangling my hair and I was mad as heck. Mind you, it had been years since I actually used a comb, but I had to do it. I just released my dreads and my hair needed a thorough combing. Finger combing was not enough. Now that everything is detangled, I don't plan on combing my hair again until next week some time :look:. It's going to be fat twists and twist outs for the rest of the week and for Christmas.

I wash my hair once/week, and I enjoy it. I love the feeling of the shower spray on my scalp and wet hair on my back (I'm currently BSL).

Now, during the week, it's a different story. I am very low manipulation...daily moisturizing, brief scalp massages and no combing at all, except slightly with my hands and fingers.

I wash my hair once/week, and I enjoy it. I love the feeling of the shower spray on my scalp and wet hair on my back (I'm currently BSL).

Now, during the week, it's a different story. I am very low manipulation...daily moisturizing, brief scalp massages and no combing at all, except slightly with my hands and fingers.

this sounds like my routine.

nahhh, i love it more and more

i would wash it every minute if i could!

but i know products take time to work, and i'm doing experiments everymonth on mine and a few friends here to look at results n stuff for my line

its fun!

In my opinion laziness=longer hair=laziness=even longer hair. The less I mess with my hair the longer it grows....the longer it gets it seems the less I have to do for it to look nice.

say it again....i mean i do it because i have too, but i despise it!! my hair is thriving regardless...if im tripping now...whats going to happene when im at my dream goal of MBL? :nono: :look:

Yea its a lot of work and my fam thinks im nuts for spending so much time on my hair, yet at the same time they are drooling over it. So in the end, the transformation and the progress is worth it.

I haven't gotten lazy with the care of my hair (washing/conditioning etc) but as far as styling goes...well let's just say I don't "style" at all anymore. I think about it all the time. But I never feel like going through all the work. I guess I know I've perfected the bun so it will almost ALWAYS look good, but if I roller set or flat iron, I feel like my hair is "wild", for lack of a better word. I feel the need to keep "fixing" it, and that can't be good.

This is me completely. I am so lazy that I only comb my hair once a week on wash days and then proceed to put it up in a bun until the next week. I will spritz it every other day and then back up in a bun again :yawn:. My reason for being lazy is that I am bored with my hair and really do not know how to style it. My hair is longer and healthier than ever, but I've lost the excitment.
When I air dry and wear my curls down after a few hours, it goes right back up in a ponytail :ohwell:
I really need a change to get motivated again.

I still enjoy doing my hair. I do find myself wanting to simplify things more though, mainly to save time. That's part of why I started the ponytail thread today about wearing one longterm since it's sooooo easy to do and very low maintenance. :)

I've gone through the lazy stage a couple of times, but each time my hair ends up dry and breaking along the edges. When I don't feel like doing my nighttime moisture or washing 2 x a week, I get really dry and pay for it big time.:nono:

nahhh, i love it more and more

i would wash it every minute if i could!

but i know products take time to work, and i'm doing experiments everymonth on mine and a few friends here to look at results n stuff for my line

its fun!

This is the way I feel, too! I look forward to my co washes, and DCing. Maybe when I've been doing it for 5 years, and my hair is WL, I'll not feel so much up to it......:rolleyes: Nah! I'm soooo glad I can't relate to being lazy at this point! Hmm. Maybe I would have been able to relate 20 years ago. Right now, I'm on a mission to get to BSL.....focus.....focus.....focus!!! :grin:

I prefer to call it lo-mani:look::perplexed:ohwell:

:lachen:

Lol yes I'am LAZY,LAZY,LAZYYYYY.

I wanted to wash my hair for the last 3 days now but I haven't got the *time*:look: yet.
I agree with some posters tough... the less I do to my hair the longer it will get:yep:

Back