Texlaxing on longer hair

BeautifulRoots

Hey yall I have been looking through the texlaxing threads on the site and I see a lot of texlaxers with shorter hair. The pics I saw looked beautiful btw. But anyways, someone once told me that a texlax would not look good on longer hair...:perplexed idk... :look: but im thinking about getting one anyways. I was wondering if anyone with longer hair texlaxes? (about apl to bsl) Could they share their experiences and share any pics if they have some. Also I was wondering about people that texlaxed with virgin hair. I have never had a relaxer and I dont know how long I should leave the relaxer on my hair to get the results I want...(idk how resistant my hair is to relaxers...) soo yea...can someone help me out??

Hey yall I have been looking through the texlaxing threads on the site and I see a lot of texlaxers with shorter hair. The pics I saw looked beautiful btw. But anyways, someone once told me that a texlax would not look good on longer hair...:perplexed idk... :look: but im thinking about getting one anyways. I was wondering if anyone with longer hair texlaxes? (about apl to bsl) Could they share their experiences and share any pics if they have some. Also I was wondering about people that texlaxed with virgin hair. I have never had a relaxer and I dont know how long I should leave the relaxer on my hair to get the results I want...(idk how resistant my hair is to relaxers...) soo yea...can someone help me out??

My hair is texlaxed and full BSL. I "transitioned" from fully-relaxed to texlaxed, and it's just the best thing for my hair. I can easily wear textured styles or set on rollers for a straight style...(I don't use direct heat.) Pics of my hair are in my avatar and siggy.
icon7.gif

:lachen::lachen::lachen:. thats a good one, but really dsylla flies in the face of that falsehood. she has one of the most beautiful full heads of hair i have ever seen, bone straight- natural -or texlaxed. there are many ladies here who are long full texlaxed. like dlewis ect...... although i dont see why the length of the hair should make a difference of wether or not the hair would look good going from natural to texlaxed, just sounds like some hair hateration to me. if your ready to deal with the change- do your research ,and go for it. the choice is up to you .expel said comment from your mind. it just lacks any real merit.

Last edited:
I'm texlaxed and my hair is below BSL. I'll unlock my albums tom so you can view. I'll post the links tom.

Thanks for the reply, your hair looks beautiful btw.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:. thats a good one, but really dsylla flies in the face of that falsehood. she has one of the most beautiful full heads of hair i have ever seen, bone straight- natural -or texlaxed. there are many ladies here who are long full texlaxed. like dlewis ect...... although i dont see why the length of the hair should make a difference of wether or not the hair would look good going from natural to texlaxed, just sounds like some hair hateration to me. if your ready to deal with the change- do your research ,and go for it. the choice is up to you .expel said comment from your mind. it just lacks any real merit.

Lol, yea thats exactly what I was thinking...

Thanks for posting dlewis...your hair looks nice also. Now I want to get my hair texlaxed...im pretty much convinced...

I am about APL and I texlax and I wouldn't want it any other way. I don't use direct heat often and I bun, roller set when I can.

Last edited:
I had virgin hair beyond APL and I just attempted a texlax. I will be doing a corrective very soon. Anyway, my hair looks fine and I am sure it will look fine after the corrective. I used lye relazer so I was able to leave it in longer without it going to straight. Unfortunately I did not get the texture I was going for but I know what I need to do to fix it. The amount of processing time depends your present texture and the texture you want when you are done. It also depends on the strength of the relaxer and the type of relaxer. I would do some research on relaxers and chose the type then do a strand test.

I had virgin hair beyond APL and I just attempted a texlax. I will be doing a corrective very soon. Anyway, my hair looks fine and I am sure it will look fine after the corrective. I used lye relazer so I was able to leave it in longer without it going to straight. Unfortunately I did not get the texture I was going for but I know what I need to do to fix it. The amount of processing time depends your present texture and the texture you want when you are done. It also depends on the strength of the relaxer and the type of relaxer. I would do some research on relaxers and chose the type then do a strand test.

Your hair looks good in your siggy:yep: I remember a little while back, when you were natural, you were having problems with knots and tangles. Now that your hair is texlaxed, do you still have those same issues? Have you changed your regimine since being texlaxed?

I'm fully natural, above APL and considering texlaxing, texturizing, whatever the first day of spring:look:

Hmm very interesing, so if I were to use lye, it would take longer to get straight...so I should use lye? Oh and did u use an oil and mix it into the relaxer? I know some people do add oils.

you can texlax on long hair! Not sure what length has to do with it. I was past bsl with texlaxed hair. If interested you can check the album to see the difference in texlaxed texture vs natural. You can just slop the relaxer on and take it off very soon and don't rub it in much at all or comb it in or anything.

Last edited:
Hmm very interesing, so if I were to use lye, it would take longer to get straight...so I should use lye? Oh and did u use an oil and mix it into the relaxer? I know some people do add oils.

I texlaxed on relaxed hair when I started my hair journey, not on purpose at first. :lol: But I love the results. Some of the ladies use lye and some like me use no-lye. I don't mix any other product like oil in it, I just leave it on for 10 minutes (which includes application and smoothing time) which is less than half the time for my coarse hair.

Since this would be your first time, I suggest having someone experienced, like a good friend or a professional stylist that you trust, help you with this.

My hair is now somewhere between APL and BSL, the longest it has ever been texlaxed is MBL, and has been never been relaxed bone straight.

Back