LONG/RELAXED vs. LONG/NATURAL

WAKE UP Long and Relaxed OR Long and Natural???

• Long & Relaxed (I ACCEPT THAT I CAN NEVER GO NATURAL)

Votes: 194 25.5%
  • Long & Natural (I ACCEPT THAT I CAN NEVER GET A RELAXER)

Votes: 567 74.5%

• Total voters
Hmpf! LONG and RELAXED! I aint got no time to be fussing w/ no mbl NATURAL hair! It would take the whole day, and i have 3 children under age 4 to tend to... so if i woke up and my hair was long and RELAXED that's GREAT! shoot, i'm about APL and i'm freakin OUT w/my hair since I haven't had a relaxer in 3 months. i was gonna try to transition, but my hair has other plans... my head looks like the plant on the movie LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS right now...

I'm afraid I have to go with long and relaxed. Shoot, a sista's having a hard enough time working through these 12+ week stretches! :hair: I'm going for longer and longer periods of time BUT not without losing some of my hard-earned locks due to the tangles. I hope to get to a point where I can relax 2-3 times a year but I don't know that I'll ever walk away entirely.

As much as I love straight hair, I hate relaxers even more! I would rather rollerset/flatiron to get straight styles.

Wow, that is almost my story to a T. Except that I've only be natural (or post relaxer) for 14 Months
I would say long and natural I am 18 months into my natural journey and can't wait for my hair to get longer..This is of course my second attempt I was natural for 4 years and relaxed my hair...and decided I wanted to keep it natural so here I go again.

Yes. Yes. and YES! No chems to grow out, ...a real afro on monday and silky straight on tuesday! And everything else in between whenever you like!:yep:

Love that! Having been there before with relaxed hair - and approaching it with natural - I have to go with natural. Not that I'm an expert on styling either - queen of the pontail with both lol! I love playing in the rain with my kids, saying yes we can go swimming, not caring if my husband "messes it up", trying new styles, and knowing that I am chemical free.

Long and natural. I'm just in love with my texture. I had very long relaxed hair, and it was ok, but i don't feel the same as have it natural. For me is more difficult to achieve a very long hair when natural. Is a challenge.!!

I would love to be long and nautral. I feel relaxed healthy hair is just as hard to maintain than natural hair. I would love the added versitality,

I would go with long and natural becuase you can still acheive a relaxed look without all the chemicals. And I know my hair would be 10x healthier in it's natural state shrinkage and all.

HI ladies , haven't been around lately..but to answer the question ..long and natural "perm hates me"

Back