LIMITING CHEMICALS IN 2008 TO ACHIEVE HEALTHIER, LONGER, THICKER TRESSES!!

Nanyanika

Hello Ladies,
I've just started my personal hair challenge to achieve MID-BACK/WAISTLENGTH this year, i've found my product staples, and my hair is top of bra-strap after my little trim. I'm very nervous because i've reached bra-strap many times and i end up cutting it off, this time its gonna be different. I'm trying not to jepordise my goals this year, so I plan to limit chemicals to one-two times. I'm currently wearing a sewn in to keep my hair protected, for most of this year. If anyone else is in the same boat, post your regi here and share some tips

Den1 your hair is just sooo beautiful:love: I am sure you will make your goal. I guess you could say I'm limiting chemicals in 2008, but I don't really have a game plan.
Just dropped your in your thread to say I look forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks for your support, I really hope i can stay away from the scissors this time, I hope to have my next relaxer in September, after btw your hair is very pretty in the avatar.

Den1 your hair is just sooo beautiful:love: I am sure you will make your goal. I guess you could say I'm limiting chemicals in 2008, but I don't really have a game plan.
Just dropped your in your thread to say I look forward to seeing your progress.

Here are my changes already in place:

I have recently tried to limit chemicals by choosing btwn color & relaxer, switching from reg. shampoos to baking soda washes, and using other natural products (some self-made). I have also opted to use Ayurveda powders/oils. I have substituted box color for hendigo treatments.

I've finally learned how to do pin-curls so that I can stop with the flat iron so much. I have been able to go from daily use to weekly use (baby steps!). Flat irons have been the culprit in me not reaching APL. I had so much breakage from daily use.

I want to learn to wear buns again & am in the process of searching for the 'perfect' piece to wear w/my own for that clean look.

BTW, Den 1, your hair looks great!

I am with you Den.. I only plan to relax my hair 2 times total this year. I will post reggie when I get one that I can stick to :)

Den I love your hair!!!!

Unfortunately, my hair is very coarse and cant really stretch past 12 weeks.

Good Luck with your goals! You can do it!

I'm enjoying the products, sweetheart!! :kiss::kiss:

I SOOOOO wanna try half wigs and falls but I don't even know how to begin. I don't know where to go to buy one. And I want to invest in one that looks as natural as possible.

Im also limiting chemicals in 08. I will be relaxing 3x's this year (March,July,November).

My regimen will consist of 3 easy steps:

1 prepooing,washing and DC once a week w/ a rollerset
2 Finger combiing/massaging, moisturizing, sealing and pincurling at night
3 Finger styling in loose bun or updo and sealing in the morning

I plan to only texlax my hair 2x this year:yep:
My regimen consist of:
Washing hair every 3 days
Pre-pooing
Deep con after every wash
No Direct heat
Baggie Nightly
Minimal combing/brushing
Protective styling(I love my flexi rod sets!)
I think that is about it.

Last edited:
I've been trying to do this but it is so hard to find the right natural products. I think my hair loves chemicals:perplexed

I'm in. Im using all natural products, and my hair is totally natural. So I'm going to continue this regimen for this year :-)

I SOOOOO wanna try half wigs and falls but I don't even know how to begin. I don't know where to go to buy one. And I want to invest in one that looks as natural as possible.

Hey girl! Haven't heard from you in a minute. You should check out www.especiallyyours.com and www.hisandher.com. They have really nice wigs. Especially Yours has this 3/4 wig that looks natural and allows you leave the front part of your hair out. Kinda like a weave. I believe the designer is NewHair. :yep:

I've been trying to do this but it is so hard to find the right natural products. I think my hair loves chemicals:perplexed
Den1 makes some wonderful hair products herself that are all natural. I will definitely be purchasing in the near future.She has a link to her website in her siggy:grin:

you've made some really great choices, there....the Ayurvedic colouring is a natural and safe way, it really thickens and protects the strands. I justrecently had to stop bunning it gives my flyaways hairs in the front, at least with the weaving my hair gets a break from manipulation and friction. the flat-ironing can be lethal, so i agree with you. I tend to blow out my hair when its 50% airdried but i use it on cool, the hair piece will make you look ansfeel diffremnt i know i feel liberated with having this weave, i don't have to mess with my hairand ruin it lol thanks for the compliment.

Here are my changes already in place:

I have recently tried to limit chemicals by choosing btwn color & relaxer, switching from reg. shampoos to baking soda washes, and using other natural products (some self-made). I have also opted to use Ayurveda powders/oils. I have substituted box color for hendigo treatments.

I've finally learned how to do pin-curls so that I can stop with the flat iron so much. I have been able to go from daily use to weekly use (baby steps!). Flat irons have been the culprit in me not reaching APL. I had so much breakage from daily use.

I want to learn to wear buns again & am in the process of searching for the 'perfect' piece to wear w/my own for that clean look.

BTW, Den 1, your hair looks great!

I am with you Den.. I only plan to relax my hair 2 times total this year. I will post reggie when I get one that I can stick to :)

what are you doing with your hair at the moment? are you wearing any braiding styles, to help stretch the relaxer? i know if i didn't do this i would lose my hair.

Hi girl thanks for the nice comment and support. Its good that your hair is coarse usually this type its very resilent and strong.

Den I love your hair!!!!

Unfortunately, my hair is very coarse and cant really stretch past 12 weeks.

Good Luck with your goals! You can do it!

Hi girl, I'm glad your enjoying the products...i hope you like the fragrances.
I don't have clue about hair pieces but i'm sure the ladies who know will put i the right direction.

I plan on texlaxing a total of 3 times this year (Jan {done}, May and Sept. If I can extend longer than I will only texlax one more time. It depends on the growth issue. I think that in the past I may have extended too long as I noticed that my hair has really thinned out in the back. Thinning may also be attributed to improper relaxer application (underprocessing) in the back. It has taken me a more than a minute to learn how to relax my hair but I finally think that I have it. I was determined to learn how to relax my own hair Generally the top and sides of my hair are wonderful--long and dense but I really am working on the back quadrant.

I will also wash once every 7-10 days prepooing with Auyv oils and powders, baking soda or alma/shikaikai wash, DC, rollerset. I will also wear my hair up or a phony pony for the bulk of 2008. I plan of achieving my hair goal of bra strap length in 2008. In 2009 I plan on wearing my hair out ALOT so 2008 is gonna be by make or break it year. I am simply sick of these protectives styles!

Also Den, I order your products and they really are wonderful!

Back