What the Best/Safest Way to Achieve This Hair Color?

Blessed_Angel

fghgwf6.jpg

I love Chrisette's hair color in this pic. We're about the same complexion, so I am tempted to try it.

Can anyone tell me how I could achieve this hair color? I've never colored my hair "properly" before. And I'd like to do the right way.

Please, tell me what colors I could safely use to achieve this color. And what I may need to know about preventing damage to my relaxed tresses.

TIA

I would say go to a stylist. It looks she is lightened all over and they given highlights and they probably gave her a light brown rinse.

Definitely go to a stylists!
My hair was that color before and I had an amazing colorists.
Find one and let him//her do it.
Do not attempt to do it yourself it will set you back all kinds of ways.
If you're trying to grow your hair...
I say don't do it at all... but if you must... be careful!
Lightening my hair slowed my progress quite a bit.

Definitely go to a stylists!
My hair was that color before and I had an amazing colorists.
Find one and let him//her do it.
Do not attempt to do it yourself it will set you back all kinds of ways.
If you're trying to grow your hair...
I say don't do it at all... but if you must... be careful!
Lightening my hair slowed my progress quite a bit.

Thanks for the info...I see what you mean. I am still trying to "recover" from my flat iron setback, so I certainly don't need another one!

I'm gonna see if my stylist can achieve this look. ST, it also be best to wait till my hair is in tip top shape right? I could only imagine what could happen to my hair if I did it now. I am still trying to desist all breakage!

Thanks again.

store bought color is of the devil i swear. ive never had a problem with proffesional colors or bleaches though.

Ok, I'll go to a stylist. But do you agree that I should stop the breakage first right?

TIA

YES, MY SWEET GOODNESS YES!

I gave a review for my Aveda experience (it was demi-perm though, you'll need a permanent color) in my color fotki. Aveda is the only permanent color I'd even THINK of letting touch my hair. Their dyes are 97% all natural with special formulations JUST FOR dark hair.

Redken would be second with Schwartzkopf as an honorary mention for second place but I'd be scared to use either over Aveda.

Store bought colors are best for shine treatments, rinses, and demi-permanent colors in my opinon. They're hard to mess up unless you layer a bunch of different colors on your head. And even then, 6 months later unless you use color-removing poo you're back to where you started.

PLEASE take care of breakage first!!!!!

As others have mentioned, go to a stylist! IMO, preferably an Aveda qualified one.

Back