Light Skinned Men vs. Dark Skinned Men: What's Your Preference?

Light Skinned Men Vs. Dark Skinned Men

• Light skinned

Votes: 165 33.2%
  • Dark skinned

Votes: 332 66.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Country gal said:
In my experience, It is rare to see younger dark skin men and women together. Most of the dark skin guys in my area either date white or light skin women.

ITA... I believe that society makes us feel sometimes that we shouldn't date each other when I was younger I would have never dated a dark skin guy and now the guy that I am most interested in is dark....

I love dark-skinned men and have always preferred dark-skinned men:) I just think they are sexy and beautiful (light-skinned guys are nice looking too but they just son't do it for me:look: )

I never really had a preference even when i was younger...

i never was really interested in really light skinned men...majority of the men that ive dated...were either brown skin or dark skinned...

so i guess i would perfer someone brown skin or my complexion or dark skinned...

FlowerHair said:
I don't discriminate - black, white, light, dark, Latin, blond, brunette :D
They are all good to me :)
As long as they are short and sturdy with a beautiful smile and kind eyes...

ITA except you can keep the short ones! I like me a tall man!:lol: :lol:

seraphinelle said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

When I find him, I'll be on LHCF letting everyone know.

The no previous marriage, no kids, and a degree, is an absolute must.

the teeth, we can work on.

And the height, I may be able to compromise on that. LOL, afterall who am I to request height when I'm 5'2. :lol: :lol:

So you would really turn down a gazillionaire if he had children and a previous marriage? :lol: :lol:

I'm more into guys that are my color (brownskinned).

My current SO is lightskinned tho and the one before him was dark.:cool: It doesn't matter to me really, if you are fiyah you are fiyah!

Blacker the berry...for me!

My man is the color of that Dove Dark Chocolate with a bright white smile, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Lighter Complexed men just dont cause my head turn. They never have and I doubt they ever will.

determined_to_grow said:
ITA... I believe that society makes us feel sometimes that we shouldn't date each other when I was younger I would have never dated a dark skin guy and now the guy that I am most interested in is dark....

It's called divide and conquer and blacks have fallen for it ever since coming here.

I am a chocolate complexion aka dark skin woman that loves dark skin men....always have and always will....LOL My baby isn't the darkest more of a caramelly but still love him to death!

I dont have a preference...i like the healthy glow of dark skin but that wont make me go after him :lol: I dont have a preference I just like nice skin.

I prefer dark skinned men even although I can recognize an attractive man of any color.

Sometimes I feel guilty for this preference since people make a big deal out of color preferences.

I like and have dated men of all shades. My SO is biracial and he's very light-skinned. I'm light brown skinned. I have learned that the light skinned darkskinned thing is just as hurtful to men as it is to women, so I try not to be in the mindset that one is more attractive than the other.

For physical requirements, all I need are pleasing features and a nice butt:D . Skin tone and/or ethnicity are not a concern.

Personality and intelligence...guess that's another topic, huh?

spelmanlocks said:
I like and have dated men of all shades. My SO is biracial and he's very light-skinned. I'm light brown skinned. I have learned that the light skinned darkskinned thing is just as hurtful to men as it is to women, so I try not to be in the mindset that one is more attractive than the other.
I realized this too. And I used to wonder if I was truly soley attracted to darkerskinned men in the past or was it just that they were the main ones persuing me.

For example when I was about 16 or 17, a light skinned guy walked up to me and said "I would talk to you but I dont like light skinned girls". I wasnt interested in him either, and played like I didnt care about what he stated, but it remained with me and probably drove me to not be interested in them on a whole.

To add to that, darker skinned guys pursued me left and right, daily...Only recently I had to search myself to figure out what was behind my preference....I concluded it was a lot of hidden resentment towards guys my shade based on that one fool...to the point that even the light skinned guys that liked me thereafter got dissed..

I just about to come in here and say Dang, ain't NOBODY said brown-skinned. I like 'em nice and toasted!! :grin:

HoneyLemonDrop said:
I realized this too. And I used to wonder if I was truly soley attracted to darkerskinned men in the past or was it just that they were the main ones persuing me.

For example when I was about 16 or 17, a light skinned guy walked up to me and said "I would talk to you but I dont like light skinned girls". I wasnt interested in him either, and played like I didnt care about what he stated, but it remained with me and probably drove me to not be interested in them on a whole.

To add to that, darker skinned guys pursued me left and right, daily...Only recently I had to search myself to figure out what was behind my preference....I concluded it was a lot of hidden resentment towards guys my shade based on that one fool...to the point that even the light skinned guys that liked me thereafter got dissed..

Its so wierd like that, isn't it? Hell, I'd be grateful to get a black man....hmm....

They just aren't as bold as I would want them to be or they are either too vulgar. I don't know why, I guess because all the girlies are always chasing the light-complected men... but I don't trust light-skinned dudes. They are usually very full of themselves.

Am I the only one who was noticed that darker complected someone is, the more rich and flawless their skin-tone is? Most of the dark-skinned people are no have nooooo bacne or pimples on their face.

I never really had a preference. I guess light skin guys catch my eye more because that's what I grew up around. In New Orleans, there are alot of Creole and fair-skinned families/guys. I have dated both light and dark. My husband is light-skin.

HoneyLemonDrop said:

I agree with you ---- I had the same issues.... As Blossssom put it its the whole devine and conquer.

bravenewgirl87 said:
Am I the only one who was noticed that darker complected someone is, the more rich and flawless their skin-tone is? Most of the dark-skinned people are no have nooooo bacne or pimples on their face.
[/B][/COLOR]

Girl yes!! That is why I LOVE chocolate complexions. There's nothing like a dark chocolate smooth creamy complexion. :lick: I had a friend that was like that. He was so sexy. God Rest His Soul. :(

Back