LHCF was right when they said...

CodeRed

So I wanted to start a thread with all good recommendations you've gotten from LHCF. This was inspired by a recent purchase of mine...

LHCF was right when they said neem oil stank. It seriously smells like some LordhavemercyIwenttohell nutty sewage. I really didn't believe it was as bad as people said it was but dang. And the worst part is that it lingers. I'm using it with other oils and going to see if I see any results. If not, it's not going to be repurchased. Yuck.

LHCF was right when the (quiet) minority said that relaxer stretching wasn't for them. I really, really should've taken that advice... will not be stretching from now on.

Your turn!

LHCF was right when they said that sealing your ends will keep your ends healthy and keep them from breaking.

LHCF was also right when they said the hardest length to get to is SL.

LHCF was right when they said jumping from product to product can cause setbacks. Why can't I stick to a line if I'm getting results.

LHCF was right when they said stretching your relaxers is the best thing you could do to your hair in conjunction w/ infrequent flat ironing.

I forgot one:

LHCF was right when they said store bought conditioners that are advertised for "white" hair can work on "ours" too. I think this is an important lesson for all people to learn... most importantly black folks. I think Caucasian people already have an idea that we buy things not specifically marketed to us but I am pretty tired of this "that's for white hair" thing some black people have going on. Your texture, not the color of your skin, is what determines what you hair needs. If I have one more person tell me that wetting your hair more than once a week is "for white folks" I'm going to scream...

Great thread op, I have a few things to add will edit later. A few ladies have already said spot on things. Stretching techniques and product recommendation lhcf have provided me with great wisdom. This loc method was good also, I never would of thought to do this to my hair

LHCF was right when they said its about your porosity, density, etc and not about your curl size. I swear ppl get so hung up on curls but dont know (or want to know) anything about anything else. Just because ppl have type 4 hair, doesnt mean shea butter is their new best friend. Do your own research first. Very important

LHCF was right when they said its about your porosity, density, etc and not about your curl size. I swear ppl get so hung up on curls but dont know (or want to know) anything about anything else. Just because ppl have type 4 hair, doesnt mean shea butter is their new best friend. Do your own research first. Very important

Because thanks wasn't enough...

that protective styling is a great way to gain length, even if you get tired of not being able to play with your hair!

LHCF was right about oil rinses, hot oil treatments, LOC method, and co-washing. My hair loves it.

That thread from like... 2008 about cowashing and bunning being the key to hair growth? LHCF was right and I will NEVER stray.

LHCF was right about keeping those ends protected and moisturized.

LHCF was right about finger detangling and using seamless combs.

LHCF was right about deep conditioning once a week and using steam treatments.

LHCF was right about heavy sealing.

When they said-don't pull your hair back too tight,you will lose your edges..Sleep with a slik/satin scarf...Low Maintenance styles....STICK with what works for you.

Happy Hair Growing!

LHCF was right when they said using less intensive protein treatments/conditioners might be better for the hair. They're less trouble, smell better, and don't run as high of a risk of instant protein overload.

LHCF was right that tea and oil rinsing was the way to go

LHCF was right that reconstructors might work for those protein sensitive instead of hard treatments

LHCF was right about shopping around for different protein types to see what your hair accepts (keratin vs collagen vs silk vs wheat germ, etc)

LHCF was right that you will have 2 hair regimens: 1 for winter, 1 for summer.

LHCF was right that hard water could be destroying your hair and to try water filters

LHCF was right to push chelating AND clarifying

LHCF was right about heavy sealing and LOC and keeping those fragile ends protected.

LHCF was right about Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner for co-washing and detangling.

LHCF was right about AVG or AVJ to close the cuticles on highly porous hair like mine. And using distilled water instead of tap water if you might have a hard water problem.

LHCF was right about checking the ph level of products with ph strips.

LHCF was right about pure hydrolyzed silk smelling fishy...but working like a charm to gently strengthen fine hair.

LHCF was right about heavy sealing and LOC and keeping those fragile ends protected.

LHCF was right about Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner for co-washing and detangling.

LHCF was right about AVG or AVJ to close the cuticles on highly porous hair like mine. And using distilled water instead of tap water if you might have a hard water problem.

LHCF was right about checking the ph level of products with ph strips.

LHCF was right about pure hydrolyzed silk smelling fishy...but working like a charm to gently strengthen fine hair.

Thumbs up to all that. I'm going to go try SAA's now... thinking about ordering it from lotioncrafters unless there's a cheaper place (w/better shipping)... Now I'll have a fishy nutty sewage smelling head lol.

Balance Protein/Moisture
Know Your Stretching Limits
Know your Porosity
Develop a Solid Regimen
Be Consistent
Don't Give Up
You can recover from a Set-Back

LCHF was right about everything not working for everybody. You have to listen to YOUR hair. And that oil rinses and ceramides are the truth, cause they are :)

Back