Spinoff: LHCF Was Wrong When They Said...

Joico Moisture Recoery Balm. I loved it when I wasnt blowing my hair out. Now that I am, after 6 washes--Two last night and four today (I started blowing it out last night and realized the product was still thick in my hair)-- it is still coating my hair. Ugh. My blowout looks greasy.

Joico Moisture Recoery Balm. I loved it when I wasnt blowing my hair out. Now that I am, after 6 washes--Two last night and four today (I started blowing it out last night and realized the product was still thick in my hair)-- it is still coating my hair. Ugh. My blowout looks greasy.
Were any of the washes a clarifyer? I really like the Joico K-Pak Clarifying Poo. I'm sorry your blowout wasn't up to snuff.

This x 1,000,000

While I recognize that SOME have a problem with protein sensitivity, avoiding protein is not a one size fits all approach. This is where I've learned the importance of understanding your hair type. Protein is especially important for fine and medium strands - from there it's just a matter of determining protein strength needed and how often.

I remember a time when there were a ton of moisture only threads... Followed by a ton of threads on moisture overload.

While my hair does get quite dry and needs a lot of moisture, I do think that I need to incorporate more protein into my regimen. I'm thinking about going back to some oldie but goody products, Aphogee! I'm gonna pick up the 2 Minute reconstructor and use that bi-weekly, along with the Green Tea Restructurizer and use that after washes. I do use heat from time to time, which might be why I need some more protein. My hair isn't fine at all, but it's not protein sensitive. I know back in the day I also did protein prepoos with eggs mixed with oils and conditioner and it worked wonders, so protein isn't always the enemy!

Back