Let's Get it Crackin'! MID-BACK 2009 Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want in, I want in!!!

I'm approaching APL right now. Here's my starting pic - It's not a hard press, so not "stick straight to show length, but this is it nonetheless:

IMG_1550-vi.jpg

Once I hit my goal of MBL, I think I might relax.

Welcome to the challenge! Your hair is simply beautiful!!!

ok, here is my starting pic that i took today

GREAT starting length!!! Welcome to the challenge!!!

Kinkerbelle, your hair is amazing. :lick:

Okay, so I cut a little while ago. It's already grown back some :grin:, but still shorter than before. I got a shirt. Now I'm at '3'. Bsl is somewhere between 5 and 6. I guess mbl is somewhere between '8' and '9'. So we'll see. anyway, here's the new starting pic

Okay, so I cut a little while ago. It's already grown back some :grin:, but still shorter than before. I got a shirt. Now I'm at '3'. Bsl is somewhere between 5 and 6. I guess mbl is somewhere between '8' and '9'. So we'll see. anyway, here's the new starting pic

Did you get your shirt from i can't remember her name, she has the mane and chic blog? I love that shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my starting picture, it is wet bc I did not want to straighten it with heat. I just got a relaxer on the first. It is I guess a little past APL, and I hope to be about mid-back length by the end of 2009. That will be about 6 inches more.

Attachments

• DSCF3857.jpg
    DSCF3857.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF3859.jpg
    DSCF3859.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF3862.jpg
    DSCF3862.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 6
I'll post my starting pic in mid November. I am 9.5 weeks post and when wet my hair is a hair shy of top of BSL! :grin: I hope to make full BSL by my bday (May 09) and MBL by Dec 09. I think it's totally achievable given my starting length. :yep: I've been bunning it up for most of the past 2 months. I will continue through Dec 09, but I'll definitely give myself passes along the way. I only get heat at touch ups.

I've kept my hair somewhere between BSL and APL for sometime now. I don't straighten often, but stretched my hair yesterday and it looks like BSL. So why not go for MBL???

In November, I'll be straightening for the first time since about April...so then I'll really get to see my length. That's when my starter pic will be posted.

Count me in!

VERY nice, mwedzi! it is going to look sooo :lick: when you hit MBL! :yep:

Here is my starting picture, it is wet bc I did not want to straighten it with heat. I just got a relaxer on the first. It is I guess a little past APL, and I hope to be about mid-back length by the end of 2009. That will be about 6 inches more.

It looks like we are about the same length...are you doing anything "special" to help you reach your goal?

Nice pix (and i don't mind wet photos :look:)

I'll post my starting pic in mid November. I am 9.5 weeks post and when wet my hair is a hair shy of top of BSL! :grin: I hope to make full BSL by my bday (May 09) and MBL by Dec 09. I think it's totally achievable given my starting length. :yep: I've been bunning it up for most of the past 2 months. I will continue through Dec 09, but I'll definitely give myself passes along the way. I only get heat at touch ups.

that sounds like a great plan! i cannot wait to see your pix, sis!

I've kept my hair somewhere between BSL and APL for sometime now. I don't straighten often, but stretched my hair yesterday and it looks like BSL. So why not go for MBL???

In November, I'll be straightening for the first time since about April...so then I'll really get to see my length. That's when my starter pic will be posted.

Count me in!

consider yourself counted! :yep: don't forget to post your pic next month :yay:

Did you get your shirt from i can't remember her name, she has the mane and chic blog? I love that shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep, i followed southerntease's link to her shop. i wanted to get the discounted one since it's not something i'd be wearing out anyway. but the discounted one she had was in this main color but with pink writing, which was hard to see. so i went directly to the spreadshirt site where she created the shirts and made my own using black lettering. it's actually a decent quality shirt to be discounted so cheap, better than the stuff i've ordered from cafepress. printing is better, too.

Ok so this is my starting length. I was trying to get my pikistrips up but I havent figured it out yet. If anyone knows, reply to the thread lol.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 16
Longhairdon'tcare, I think I will just continue to do what I am doing now.

1. Continue to take 10,000 mg of Biotin and MultiVitamins
2. Daily Co-Wash
3. Deep Condition 2x weekly
4. Shampoo 2x Weekly
5. Exercising Daily
6. Drinking Plenty of Water
7. Maybe BT; I am not sure

I hope to make a healthy and thick MBL by summer 2009 june or july if not I'll take december.. We'll see hopefully I don't have anymore setbacks :nono:.. I will be bunning this whole fall and winter to get me there.. My starting picture is in my fotki.... Good Luck Ladies :grin:

Longhairdon'tcare, I think I will just continue to do what I am doing now.

1. Continue to take 10,000 mg of Biotin and MultiVitamins
2. Daily Co-Wash
3. Deep Condition 2x weekly
4. Shampoo 2x Weekly
5. Exercising Daily
6. Drinking Plenty of Water
7. Maybe BT; I am not sure

that sounds like a great and simple reggie! i need to incorporate some exercise into my life...not for hair, but for my overall health and longevity.

i have a question for you - do you comb your hair each time you CW?

Lemme get in

you have been added! good luck, HS :yay:

I hope to make a healthy and thick MBL by summer 2009 june or july if not I'll take december.. We'll see hopefully I don't have anymore setbacks :nono:.. I will be bunning this whole fall and winter to get me there.. My starting picture is in my fotki.... Good Luck Ladies :grin:

i know those setbacks are a BUMMER! i am with you on the bunnig, too :up:

good luck to you, too!

Ok so this is my starting length. I was trying to get my pikistrips up but I havent figured it out yet. If anyone knows, reply to the thread lol.

your hair is very pretty, pryncez :yep:

that sounds like a great and simple reggie! i need to incorporate some exercise into my life...not for hair, but for my overall health and longevity.

No, I just pull it up into a bun or I let it air dry. What do think I should do. I try not to comb my hair much at all. I braid it sometimes, and I wear a breadout.

i would be lovely to make MBL by early 2009 ... therefore i really need to apply myself this for the rest of this year

I want in, I want in!!!

I'm approaching APL right now. Here's my starting pic - It's not a hard press, so not "stick straight to show length, but this is it nonetheless:

IMG_1550-vi.jpg

Once I hit my goal of MBL, I think I might relax.

Your hair is the hotness!!! :grin: It's so thick and purty, I'd hate to see you lose thickness when you relax. :perplexed

Hello Everyone!! I am dropping out of this challenge. Aggie you were right. I got my hair texlaxed and flat ironed on Sept.27 and my longest layer is Mid-Back. So I am going to claim Mid-Back. I would like to say thanks for making me feel so welcome. I wish all of you ladies a quick arrival at Mid-Back length. HHG!!

Attachments

• IMG_2042.jpg
    IMG_2042.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 28
Hello Everyone!! I am dropping out of this challenge. Aggie you were right. I got my hair texlaxed and flat ironed on Sept.27 and my longest layer is Mid-Back. So I am going to claim Mid-Back. I would like to say thanks for making me feel so welcome. I wish all of you ladies a quick arrival at Mid-Back length. HHG!!

I'm sad that you're leaving the challenge but I am excited that you are MBL, I guess you can try joining the Waist Length challenge now right:grin:? Thanks for the well wishes honey and happy hair growing.

Thank you for the well-wishes!! I hate to see you go with all that beautiful hurr, but I understand! Perhaps you can peek in every now and then to give us some tips :look:

Here is the WL 2009 Challenge :poke:

I want in!!!
:grin:
I'll edit with my starting pics soon!

Good luck lady! You have been added! :yay:

Can I join? I just made APL:grin:

Congratulations on making APL! :dance7:

See you at MBL next year!!! :yay:

Good luck!

No, I just pull it up into a bun or I let it air dry. What do think I should do. I try not to comb my hair much at all. I braid it sometimes, and I wear a breadout.

I do the same thing. I only comb once per week. I have been doing my hair like this over the past year... I've not tried the braid out method...that sounds like a good idea!

Girl, I was asking you about your CW to see if I should be doing something different :look:...but if it is working for us, we must be on the right track, huh? :grin:

I'm sad that you're leaving the challenge but I am excited that you are MBL, I guess you can try joining the Waist Length challenge now right:grin:? Thanks for the well wishes honey and happy hair growing.

Thank you for the well-wishes!! I hate to see you go with all that beautiful hurr, but I understand! Perhaps you can peek in every now and then to give us some tips :look:

Ladies thanks for the encouragement to go to the waist length challenge. For some reason I am scared!!!! Waist Length is my final goal but I am nervous about the challenge. I know I am :nuts:

Im very, very tempted to join this challenge but I dont know if I can do it! Im currently hovering above APL.

Ladies thanks for the encouragement to go to the waist length challenge. For some reason I am scared!!!! Waist Length is my final goal but I am nervous about the challenge. I know I am :nuts:

You are not nuts at all Body&Shine. Just know that you can do it. Your hair is thriving and growing very well and I can certainly see you at waist length by the end of next year with no set backs:yep:.

I'm removing myself from the lurker list for this challenge. I'll join a MBL challenge after or when I'm near BSL. I'm still striving for APL. Good luck ladies!

count me in.....i can do this by at least next Dec. i'm a bit maybe 5 inches above bra strap, i;m guessing bra strap is considered mid back????? or longer?

My hair right now is about the length in my pic below maybe an inch shorter, i have to get a trim too before i start this challenge, my ends are scraggly,

Last edited:
Im very, very tempted to join this challenge but I dont know if I can do it! Im currently hovering above APL.

Yes I agree, with aggie, Keedah. It definitely possible to acheve MBL from SL by the end of next year. Here is the BSL 2009 Challenge. Take a peek there and let me know if you are committed here or there for 2009. :yep:

You are not nuts at all Body&Shine. Just know that you can do it. Your hair is thriving and growing very well and I can certainly see you at waist length by the end of next year with no set backs:yep:.

mm-hmm..Body&Shine! You are about a sneeze away from WL anyway! Go'on girl and grow that hurr! :grin:

I'm removing myself from the lurker list for this challenge. I'll join a MBL challenge after or when I'm near BSL. I'm still striving for APL. Good luck ladies!

Thank you MJ!!! Here is the BSL 2009 Challenge.

Good luck to you, too, hun!!! :yay:

count me in.....i can do this by at least next Dec. i'm a bit maybe 5 inches above bra strap, i;m guessing bra strap is considered mid back????? or longer?

My hair right now is about the length in my pic below maybe an inch shorter, i have to get a trim too before i start this challenge, my ends are scraggly,

Well, MBL is definitely the most subjective length is this growing game! I believe MBL to be 2-3 inches below BSL, but some consider it to be BSL. I suppose it depends on how low you wear your bra (as some of my bras are actually MBL).

I guess the best way to know for sure is to take a tape measure, and measure from the base of your neck (the part closest to your shoulders) to your tail bone and the mid-point will be what MBL is for you. If that makes sense.

I have added you to the challenge! Good luck and see you at MBL! :yay:

And judging from your pic, you can make MBL by DEC with the length you have :yep:

your hair is :lick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back