Let's Get it Crackin'! MID-BACK 2009 Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm removing myself from the lurker list for this challenge. I'll join a MBL challenge after or when I'm near BSL. I'm still striving for APL. Good luck ladies!

Good luck on achieving your hair goals for next year MJ.

count me in.....i can do this by at least next Dec. i'm a bit maybe 5 inches above bra strap, i;m guessing bra strap is considered mid back????? or longer?

My hair right now is about the length in my pic below maybe an inch shorter, i have to get a trim too before i start this challenge, my ends are scraggly,

Your hair is absolutely beautiful longhairlover and it looks very strong and healthy so I know that you'll accomplish MBL next year for sure if you don't cut it too much.

Does Waist count as Mid-back? I'm kinda confused on that... my waist is definately the middle of MY back.

So if it does, I am IN! I do think I can make it to waist by the deadline.

I will get there by bunning, possibly Senegalese twists, too.

I'd like to join too. My sig is my starting picture.

Nice pic! Good luck! :yay:

I did join the BSL but Im thinking I may be able to reach MBL in 2009 too. Its a stretch but maybe...:grin:

you can do it, i am sure! a lot of signed up on the challenge aren't at BSL either, soo "we are all in this together!"

would it be a challenge if you were just a couple of inches away???

good luck and see you at MBL! :yay:

Does Waist count as Mid-back? I'm kinda confused on that... my waist is definately the middle of MY back.

So if it does, I am IN! I do think I can make it to waist by the deadline.

I will get there by bunning, possibly Senegalese twists, too.

you must be shourt, huh, jn? :) you have been added and bunning hasn't falied me yet! :nono:

good luck, sis! :yay:

Nice pic! Good luck! :yay:

you can do it, i am sure! a lot of signed up on the challenge aren't at BSL either, soo "we are all in this together!"

would it be a challenge if you were just a couple of inches away???

good luck and see you at MBL! :yay:

you must be shourt, huh, jn? :) you have been added and bunning hasn't falied me yet! :nono:

good luck, sis! :yay:

Does "shourt" mean I'm on the short bus? :lachen:Aka :imstupid: Ok, well, if so, I'mma be stupid with waist length hair! :grin: :gorgeous:
:lachen:

Ok. My first challenge. I'm in. The pic in my siggy is my start point. Well actually, I am slightly longer now because I need a relaxer. I'll add my pic when I get one.

my last update til 2009 , slowly but surely getting there
*bottom of pic is my waist

Last edited:
my nape reached apl. im ahead of schedule! im gonna grow a bit more before i officially claim it.

I think I'm going to make it. I'm feeling the weight of my hair now and when it's stretched, it's at least BS...or very, very close.

I'm getting excited....*yep*

Hi All!!!

I want this to be my first official challenge. My hair is about an inch away from bsl and 1-2 inches after that is mbl I think. I can be there by April of next year if not earlier. Then I will join wsl 2009 challenge :grin: Funny little thing that hair anorexia. When I first started my goal was bsl maxx:lachen:

My starting pic streched. I am straitening my hair for a wedding this weekend and I might post again after that.
2008_10160060-th.jpg

I'd like to join!!! I have 4-5'' until mid-back length. If I can get there sooner than the end of June 2009 I'll be so happy!!! The red line is mid-back for me. :drunk:

Ok, so I relaxed 11 days ago. My ends were bad, and I had not trimmed in forever. I trimmed off about 2 inches a few days ago.

My ends are still kinda see-thru. I plan on incorporating an aggressive trimming schedule for 2009. This may stall my progress towards MBL....we'll see. I am keeping track in my fotki. www.fotki.com/ladyesquire

I did a protein treatment and trimmed my ends this past weekend.. My ends are still see-thru from the setback I had :wallbash: I trimmed/dusk last week too, I am so into nurture mode that I am getting pissed off thinking about it:wallbash:. I want my thick hair back :wallbash: I think about cutting my hair to shoulder length and starting over but I think I am going to keep wearing a bun through the fall and winter months hopefully this help thicken my hair back up while continuing to stretch my relaxers out..

I did a protein treatment and trimmed my ends this past weekend.. My ends are still see-thru from the setback I had :wallbash: I trimmed/dusk last week too, I am so into nurture mode that I am getting pissed off thinking about it:wallbash:. I want my thick hair back :wallbash: I think about cutting my hair to shoulder length and starting over but I think I am going to keep wearing a bun through the fall and winter months hopefully this help thicken my hair back up while continuing to stretch my relaxers out..

yeah me too! i am gonna stay in nuture mode indefinitely.

try TLC first before you cut it! I am into nurture mode, too. Don't settle for a setback! :hug2:

Ok, so I relaxed 11 days ago. My ends were bad, and I had not trimmed in forever. I trimmed off about 2 inches a few days ago.

My ends are still kinda see-thru. I plan on incorporating an aggressive trimming schedule for 2009. This may stall my progress towards MBL....we'll see. I am keeping track in my fotki. www.fotki.com/ladyesquire

your hair looks good. the trim was a good thing and now you are set to grow!

I'm getting a TU on Nov 15 so I'll post my official starting pic then. I hope to be BSL by Nov 15!!! :crossfingers:

I'm getting a TU on Nov 29th as well, crossing fingers for BSL too...:yep:

try TLC first before you cut it! I am into nurture mode, too. Don't settle for a setback! :hug2:

your hair looks good. the trim was a good thing and now you are set to grow!

That’s right ladies; don't do something you'll regret later :nono:

Hi ladies. I did a touch up on wednesday and it's official I'm APL!!!! I will try and post pics later tonite. I wanna do the comparison because my hair has come a long way, thanks to you ladies.

IMG00041-vi.jpg

Here is my starting pic. I took this Oct 7th or 8th, right b4 I got my sew-in done. I'm doing a personal sew-in challenge until Sept of next yr. My goal is 2 b BSL on or b4 09/24/09 - my 35th b-day. But I'm hoping that the sew-ins + MT will give me more growth than I'm anticipating. & then after my b-day party I will be bunning 4 the rest of the year, perservering 4 MBL.

Be honest ladies, do u think I can go from APL to MBL n 14 mos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back