LCHF Strawberry Letter

Should she stay or should she go?

• seperation until change is obvious (counseling etc)

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • divorce

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • stay and work it out with counseling

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This relationship is a sickness. If you love your children and yourself you'd leave. Pray on it. Pray for your children, yourself , then your husband. Ill be praying for all of you.

I have good news. :yep: I helped my friend and her kids move into their new apartment this weekend. I pray she stays b/c her husband is trying very hard to get her back and saying he is going to change. He's agreed to do every & anything she wants him to do if she will just come back.

I've been going by almost every day to check on her & the kids. I can tell she's considering going back. Now, her rationale has changed. She's saying that he doesn't beat her, they fight. What's the difference??
She wants to stay with him because he stayed with her through all of her issues.

Ya'll- pray for my friend! There is only so much I can do. If she goes back, I don't think I can be her friend anymore. I already put myself out there by going to her house & helping her move when he obviously didn't want her to go and for her to move back would be like a slap in the face.

Thanks all!

I agreed with several posters already.

Men don't forgive or forget thier woman cheating on them. They may con you into believeing that BS but they don't. No man wants to envision another man doing their woman. It's not the right way of thinking but they're men and it is what it is.

She should definitely move on. Physical abuse only gets worse without counseling and that's something HE has to be willing to do on his own.

Don't you think that's a little bit harsh? It may have been a wake up call for her, but I think it would add additional trauma to the kids. To see their mother hit on and then be taken from her? They are clinging to her right now and I think that would impact them even worse.

Nope I don't think it's harsh at all. He's already put his hands on the mother and she continues to allow it. It's only a matter of time before he starts beating on the kids.

He's a danger to the children. She's endangering the children by allowing them to live in this situation. And they are being traumatized by continuing to watch the violence that is taking place in the home.

IMO, when kids are involved in situations like these I'm only worried about the kids and the possibility they may not make it out alive or extremely scarred. Witnessing violence is worse than being taken out of the situation. And if the mom wants her kids back then she'll do what she has to do to get them back, and that will include domestic violence classes, parenting, and counseling, which are all things that she obviously needs.

There is only so much I can do. If she goes back, I don't think I can be her friend anymore. I already put myself out there by going to her house & helping her move when he obviously didn't want her to go and for her to move back would be like a slap in the face.

Thanks all!

Remember the bolded. You don't want to become part of the problem here.

Let your friend read this thread, it's time she stopped punshing herself and endangering her kids over some past actions. How much more does she thinks she owes this "man" after he's struck her, ignored her, and continually is unfaithful? Who has the record for that account. Of course it's not easy but I applaud her for taking some actions to move out. Even if it's not a final decision she needs to get away from him and that environment entirely for herself.

Back