last professional hair Salon visit?

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

R u Naturals or Relaxed?

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon?

What did you have done? How much did it cost?

Did you love it? or not so much?
:woot::woot::woot::woot:

WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR WORST HAIR STYLIST VISIT "EVER"?????:swearing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

Last edited:
It was April 28. I'm natural and I got a dominican blowout and trim. I liked it the first day but the next day, I noticed so much splits ends that I trimmed again myself (I already trimmed my hair a week before that I didn't do a good job at and wanted to correct). That left me w/ no progress since straighten my hair for bday late feb. Also when I went to wash my hair, I noticed I have heat damage on my left side by the crown and nape. Was it worth it? Heck NO! It cost $35 b/c I went on the day they had specials.

Last time I went to a hairdresser was probably sometime in 2005. It was an African braider & I was going on vacation...she did a decent job. But I can braid my own hair to my satisfaction. I will never ever go to a salon again!

I'm transitioning and 44 weeks post. :yep: My last visit was February 2010 to get a flat-iron for length check, price $70. Stylist negatively talked about my hair, regimen, products I use and was very heavy-handed on my hair. NEVER EVER AGAIN...!!! :nono::ohwell::perplexed

Last edited:
R u Naturals or Relaxed? Natural

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon? November 2009.

I think I paid $30 for a wash, rollerset and blow fry.

I'll never go to that particular stylist again. She blow dried my hair so close to my scalp that I bled. I had a huge scab for weeks.

I am a DIY'er and my hair is too long, too nappy for most of these stylists LOL I have to be careful who I go to in the future. I like doing my own hair so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't go to a stylist at all this year.

My last visit was December 18/09. I got a retouch. It was $65. She got my hair super bone straight. I was there for 6hours. I didnt like it, I will be doing it myself from now on, and plan to never enter a salon again. So far so good....

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon? 2 weeks ago

What did you have done? a relaxer

How much did it cost? I think it was $60

Did you love it? or not so much? It was ok. No burning. she had to blow dry and flat iron (because I was in a hurry to pick up kids after school), and I hate the lifeless, limp look....but it kept getting caught in my straps of my handbag so I could see that it was growing :grin:

I am texlaxed, mine was Feb 12th. I got a light trim, wash, DC and protein treatment @ JCPenney's. It cost $39.00 without tip. I loved my hair it was so bouncy and shiney once I wrap it up for the night. Best thing of all she had me out in about 1.5hrs:grin:

R u Naturals or Relaxed? Relaxed

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon? Fall of 2006 or 2007

What did you have done? How much did it cost? Shampoo, Conditioner, Style; $50

Nope. He is fierce with short hair (ear length or shorter) and LOVES to cut. My hair was below shoulder length. :look:

Answers in purple..

Relaxer touch-up (3 months post) still too chicken to do it myself: May 27 2010.

Cost: $80 Cdn

Thumbs Up: I warned him I was serious I will get out of his chair if he tried to cut my hair, he listened. :yep: I loved loved, how he flat ironed it! Only negative I got scalp burnt.

Last edited:
R u Naturals or Relaxed?

Mostly natural... transitioning

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon?

About two weeks ago, before my graduation.

She just flat ironed it. 20 dollars.

I think my hair held up much more to the heat and humidity than it would have if I had flat ironed it. So yes... good job.

Relaxer Touch-up May 8, 2010 (17 weeks post)/light trim

$80

I didn't have a problem with the relaxing process. She's a good stylist. The only thing that bugged me was that a client ahead of me came later than she should've and it backed her up (which normally isn't the case as she's good on time). I'll see her in September when I'm about 15-17 weeks post.

I'm Natural now but back then I was Relaxed. The last time I went to a prof stylist was back in '05 or '06. I had my hair washed, blowdried, cut in a elevated bob and flatironed. I think it cost about 50 or 60 bucks (plus a tip). I loved it! It was the first time I had the back of my hair cut off and it grew back in nice!

I'm natural and I went to a stylist around April 25th. Got my hair washed, blow-dried, and flat ironed for $50. $50 is a bit much for me [broke college student] so I'll probably not go back for a while.

Last visit was April 16 for a retouch. My stylist has been doing my hair since I was 14 (so about 12 years) and complimented my hair from start to finish. She said that my hair was in fantastic shape and I should keep doing whatever I'm doing. I only see her 3 times a year now that I've taken over because I refuse to do my own relaxers. I always tip big because she's willing to come in on her off day to just to struggle with my new growth. For $80/per visit including tip, she's a keeper because she only charges $55 for my relaxer.

Last edited:
My last visit was about 1 year ago. I stopped going because I noticed that my hair wasn't getting any longer. My stylist became to scissor happy.

my last was around the 2/3 week of october 2009, i got a domincan blow out, i havent gotten one since but i sure do miss it

I'm relaxed, but I have been self relaxing (or with help from my mom) for years...so my last salon visit was in 2004.

I went for a relaxer and wash/DC. It cost me over $100. I live in the DC area. After that, I told myself "Never again." My hair looked good, but not that good!

I liked the relaxer (my hair was very straight and well conditioned), but I didn't like the style. I rarely did when I got my hair done professionally. I always went home and restyled it.

I'm relaxed/transitioning. I've had the same stylist for years, I love her but she's really slow and sometimes overbooks.

The last time I saw her was in January for a rollerset, demi permanent color, flat iron and minor trim, it was $65.

I liked it as usual.

R u Naturals or Relaxed? Relaxed

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon? In March or April of 2009 @ Macy's because I had gotten to the point after having a baby that I needed somebody else to deal with my hair for the moment. :wallbash::look:

What did you have done? How much did it cost? Wash, dc/treatment and blowdry and curl. All that cost about $75

Did you love it? or not so much? I loved my hair but not the service. I had my son about three to four months prior to the visits so I had post partum shedding also, I was about 8 to 6 weeks post. The stylist all while she did my hair kept complaining about how thick my hair was, I need a relaxer and had breakage...I didn't have breakage it was really shedding and I kept correcting her but just go tired and just let her go on and on :nono:. I was going get a rollerset but instead just told her to wash, dc, blowdry , trim and curl because I didn't want to deal with her and she basically complained talking about it was going to take too long for my hair to dry etc...anyway my hair was very pretty and she didn't trim off too much but I never went back and the situation basically let me know why I stopped going to salons. Too much heat, too much mouth and not enough customer service.

I'm natural (last texturizer May 2003, big chop late October 2004)

Last time I paid someone to do my hair - July 2009. I won't say salon visit because she braids in the back of her African shop. But it was Senegalese twists. $180. Very pretty. They didn't last long but it wasn't because of a bad braid job. My scalp had a major flare up thanks to very hot, muggy weather. It was like a crazy heat rash that went from the crown to the very back of my head. The only way to relieve things was to take the twists out and wash/deep condition my scalp thoroughly. So that's what I did and it worked like a charm.

ETA

Last time I paid for a chemical service - late 1998 (if I remember right). It was $70 for a texturizer touchup, DC and one inch trim. The DC and trim were brilliant but the texturizer was just okay. After that I did my own texturizers until 2003, when I made the decision to ditch chemicals for good.

Last edited:
R u Naturals or Relaxed? Natural

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon? March 2010

What did you have done? How much did it cost? I got flat twists. The set was $65

I really did love it. The set looked very nice and she did a good job. I just wish I could have done them myself. While I love to do-it-myself...sometimes it just doesn't look good after the process is complete.

I may go back to her for some cute ttwist styles this summer. I'm all thumbs when it comes to styling.

R u Naturals or Relaxed?
Relaxed

April 30th

I had my hair relaxed, it cost $45.

I loved it, but I can't recall a time I haven't been pleased, since I've been seeing this stylist for the past 3 or 4 years or so.

Natural. 2008 my grandma (professional) straightened my hair for my uncle's wedding. It was free. Yes, I would return to my grandma. I just don't like getting my hair straightened because I'm impatient.

Answers in Green
R u Naturals or Relaxed?
Relaxed.

Two weeks ago.

What did you have done? How much did it cost? Wash, Protein treatment and a deep condish for $35.00.

Did you love it? or not so much?:woot::woot::woot::woot:
Always love the way my hair looks and days after my salon visit. My stylist is very good and I have been going to her in September will be one year.

R u Naturals or Relaxed?

Natural.

May 2001.

A Dominican Blowout (what NY'ers then called a Wash-N-Set) with a trim. The total cost was $25.

I hated it. The entire process was torturous and I vowed to never endure such agony ever again (and I haven't).

R u Naturals or Relaxed?

Natural.

May 2001.

A Dominican Blowout (what NY'ers then called a Wash-N-Set) with a trim. The total cost was $25.

I hated it. The entire process was torturous and I vowed to never endure such agony ever again (and I haven't).

roflmao!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen: why did you hate it???

Back