Most/least expensive Salon Visit

$80 for that is expensive..Was that in Chicago? If so, where was it? I live in Chicago too.. the girl who cuts my hair charges $50 for a wash and blowdry.. and I thought that was expensive.

Yes, that is expensive. It was at Honey Child on Wells. It's a little more to be serviced by a master stlyist or the owner.

Most expensive was $150 for braids , $75 for touch up and trim. The touch up, trim and style looked good but I was ticked off at the price because she told me something different over the phone.

My current stylist charges me $35 for touch up. This is a special price for me because after the touch up she wraps my hair and sends me on my way. I don't do heat, I air dry and she respects that. If she roller sets for me (once every couple months) she charges me $40.

The good thing about her is she will only do what I ask her to no more and no less. She knows I trim my own ends and doesn't sulk about it. She knows I air dry and encourages me to do that and doesn't complain. She doesn't push me to come in for a touch up at a certain time. She always seems glad to see me when I make an appointment and gives an honest opinion about how well my hair is growing. She is worth every penny so I tip her well!

[ QUOTE ]
Honey01 said:
Yes, that is expensive. It was at Honey Child on Wells. It's a little more to be serviced by a master stlyist or the owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is pretty expensive.. the girl who cuts my hair is one of the owners... so I guess it's not that bad compared to that Honey Child place. I see a Honeychild on LaSalle in the phone book.. is that it?

$150 for retouch and color. The saying "you get what you pay for" did not apply in this case.

I paid $200 for microbraids...except for the thinning around the edges and occasional ones falling out at the wrong moments...my hair grew pretty well.
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Honey01 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Was your hair "OFF THE CHAIN" when you got out the chair!!??!!

Oh yeah and the $4.99 deal...
The first time I got my hair rollerset at costcutters they charged me $4.99 for a rollerset because I came in there with my hair already washed and it had conditioner in it. She used Dudley's to set it which I dont particularly care for. She took the rollers out and I wrapped it in my scarf.

Now I still go to cost cutters and they charge me $14.99 but the lady I have do it now is "THE BOMB!" She uses some mixture to roll my hair up in and it is SO SOFT! I have the lady wrap my hair up after she takes the rollers out. I try to go every week but I can always make it. Im trying the technique on my own this week. Wish me lucK!

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
Now I still go to cost cutters and they charge me $14.99 but the lady I have do it now is "THE BOMB!" She uses some mixture to roll my hair up in and it is SO SOFT! I have the lady wrap my hair up after she takes the rollers out. I try to go every week but I can always make it. Im trying the technique on my own this week. Wish me lucK!

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is this cost cutters place? That sure is cheap! I've never had my hair in rollers.. as far as I know..unless my mom did it to me when I was younger.. When your hair is done with rollers.. does that hold better than with a curling iron?

Back