last professional hair Salon visit?

R u Naturals or Relaxed?
Relaxed

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon?
April 30th

What did you have done? How much did it cost?

I had my hair relaxed, it cost $45.

Did you love it? or not so much?

I loved it, but I can't recall a time I haven't been pleased, since I've been seeing this stylist for the past 3 or 4 years or so.

dang gurrll, i need to move there! i usually walk out of the salon with an major attitude! and last time i slammed a baseball cap on my head

I'm natural.
My last professional salon visit was the day of my last relaxer. It was July 2005 and I bc'ed in October. It probably cost me $50-60.
I really liked the way she did my hair, but I had been itching to go natural for years.

Last edited:
R u Naturals or Relaxed?

Natural

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon?

Big Chop. About $40.

Yep.

Last edited:
R u Naturals or Relaxed? Natural

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon? A month ago

Dominican Blowout -- $40 (price changes every time).:perplexed

Did you love it? or not so much? Not as much as the first time I went to her, but overall it was okay.

Last edited:
R u Naturals or Relaxed? Texlaxed

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon? Maybe 2006-7 I've been a DIY for a very long time, years before my last salon visit.

What did you have done? How much did it cost? Just a roller wrap. I went to Touch-N-Go when I lived in Atlanta. They were pretty cheap. I think $15-20.

Did you love it? or not so much? It was a basic style but just what I wanted.

I am transitioning. My last professional salon visit was August 22, 2009 when I got a perm and a blow-dry and flat iron. I think it was about $125 or so. Obviously, I am transitioning for a reason.... lol. I hated the perm and will only return to a professional for my BC, and perhaps to get my hair shaped once and plan on maintaining it for the rest of my life at home... lol.

Last time I went was in March for a touch up and dust. That's the only thing I do there. I love my stylist, but I only see her every 2-3 months.

I'm natural. My last visit to the salon was about 6 weeks ago. I got a sew-in.

I loved it. I might be a little biased tho...my mother did it. I'm like the only natural head she does, besides my best friend.

R u Naturals or Relaxed?

Relaxed

It's been over a year!!!!

I had my last professional Dominican blowout right before I left DC. It was $30 or $35...I think $35 because I got a rinse, too.

I loved it, but I can get similar results myself - my blowouts just aren't as bouncy and don't last quite as long as a professional one.

R u Naturals or Relaxed?
texlaxed

the first saturday in may

I had taken out my sew-in and wanted a texlax. I paid $60

never so much. I am apl on the sides and front, and sl in the back. How does that happen after 5 months braided up? Then I saw her and her 'smart, intelligent, healthy-haired styling self' run relaxer down the hair shaft. IF I should return for a sew-in she'd have to follow MY rules. When I did my own hair at home, it thrived. The last two times I went to a 'healthy hair stylist' my hair was jacked.

R u Natural or Relaxed?

Natural

200...6 I think. May have been 2005.

Trim. Less than $20.

Did you love it? or not so much?:woot::woot::woot::woot:

He did a good job. I need to find him again.

R u Naturals or Relaxed? - RELAXED - bone straight

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon - Last time was sometime in Jan/early Feb.

What did you have done? How much did it cost? - Wash-n-set +/- $20

Did you love it? or not so much? - not so much, I didn't love it. I found that despite my love of all things hair and hair salons, and even of the stylists in that particular salon....I no longer have the patience to wait hours on end for a service. My greater concern is my dislike of uncovering in public and having to worry if some random guy will walk in on me.

Whenever I want to have someone else do my hair now, I treat myself to some nice hair treatment and I'm over it.

Last edited:
I'm natural. The last time I went to a salon was in April 2007. I went to Khamit Kinks for twists. I didn't like my hair or experience. I will admit that the twists were an unrealistic style choice for me because my hair is fine and short. Those facts, however, did not warrant the stylist talking about my hair to another stylist while she was doing my hair. The twists cost $80 and change.

I am relaxed and my last salon visit was sept 09 for a dusting that cost 30. It was worth every penny. She did exactly what I asked and I could barely tell she did anything at all until I saw the hair on me. I got another dusting apt this July.

R u Naturals or Relaxed?

March 28, 2009

My sister was getting married, so I had a texturizer applied to my new growth only and my hair was styled into an up do.

The hair style came out cute- although I wanted it to resemble more of the photo I provided my stylist with.

I'm transitioning (47 weeks post).

The last time I went to a salon was May 13. Before that, it had been a good 6-9 months. I got a wash, blowdry, flatiron, and cut. It cost me about $75.

I rarely like/love my hairstyle when I leave the salon, and this time was no different :rolleyes:, but I loved the service and the cut.

R u Naturals or Relaxed?

Natural

In February

Blowdry & trim
$55

Nothing to write home about and not because of the stylist but because there was nothing special I was getting done. I can blow out my hair the same way from home but I can't trim it :(

Answers in quote.

8 years ago. I had a wash and set. I love it but just can't afford to go weekly like that. I don't remember what it cost exactly but another issue is $15 extra for long hair. Give me a break!

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon? November 2009.

I think I paid $30 for a wash, rollerset and blow fry.

I'll never go to that particular stylist again. She blow dried my hair so close to my scalp that I bled. I had a huge scab for weeks.

I am a DIY'er and my hair is too long, too nappy for most of these stylists LOL I have to be careful who I go to in the future. I like doing my own hair so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't go to a stylist at all this year.

You BLED?!? PLEASE PM me and let me know which Boston salon you went to so I can avoid it.

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon? Back in November

What did you have done? How much did it cost? I got my hair blowdried, flat ironed and trimmed. It was about $50.

Did you love it? or not so much? Yep. She always does a wonderful job.

I was natural at the time, it was last September or October to get my wig cut and it cost $10. I wasn't really happy with it because it wasn't even and I had to redo it myself.

R u Naturals or Relaxed?
texlaxed

the first saturday in may

I had taken out my sew-in and wanted a texlax. I paid $60

never so much. I am apl on the sides and front, and sl in the back. How does that happen after 5 months braided up? Then I saw her and her 'smart, intelligent, healthy-haired styling self' run relaxer down the hair shaft. IF I should return for a sew-in she'd have to follow MY rules. When I did my own hair at home, it thrived. The last two times I went to a 'healthy hair stylist' my hair was jacked.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

what was she trying to do?

I'm relaxed, the last time I went to a hair salon was back in February to get my relaxer. I paid $90 and was quite disappointed with the results.

R u Naturals or Relaxed? Relaxed

When was the last time you actually visited a professional stylist at a hair salon? July 2009, the week before my wedding

What did you have done? How much did it cost? I had braids put in, I think it was about $180

Did you love it? or not so much? Hell to the NAW! One of the 3 braiders was extremely unprofessional (kept leaving to go to the store, and when she was there just yelled at her kids),& they didn't listen when I asked them not to braid the perimeter tight. It was only supposed to take 6 hours, but instead it took 9, and a week later (while I was on my honeymoon), 4 of the braids(and my hair) fell out. I have never been so pissed in my life, I had just made it to APL and ended up having to cut it back to just about SL :wallbash:

I'm relaxed. I got my last professional relaxer/demi color 4/2005. She charged me $100. I was her first appointment and she was late:nono: Then she kept trying to grab other clients while I was there. After 3.5 hrs and I still wasn't dry, I told her I was ready to leave. Mind you, there was no 1 hr deep con, she just kept trying to do too much.

After this, I got on the internet and searched for ways of doing my hair myself and found LHCF!!!

I'm relaxed. The last time I visited a stylist was three weeks ago for a corrective touchup. It was $60. It came out great. I'm happy with the results. Before that visit, the last time was probably in 2006.

March 2010 I went to a salon to get my ends clipped. She only charged me $8 so I was happy, and she didn't cut much off. She said I was talking good care of my hair, but I really should have waited til I got a relaxer to get my ends clipped. It was cool though. I would go back to her any day

The last time I got my hair braided it was 9 years ago in Jamaica, right before my grandmother's funeral. The Jamaican stylist had my hair looking beautiful, far better than any American braiding stylists I ever had and it cost my like only $20.00, something outrageously cheap like that. It lasted a really long time too. But eventually I had to head back home. By then I had decided that I wouldn't bother with going to a salon again for anything. The difference in her ability and what I had before was so evident that I no longer felt like paying $100 or $150 to get my hair braided. After that it was just twa's and afro puffs for me.

I'm natural

Last time I went to a stylist was at the begining of April ( I go about 2-3 times a year)

I got a wash, rinse, flat iron and trim. It was free (So cool that both my mother-in-law and aunt-in-law have their own salons!!!) It would have been about $75.

I was pleased with the service. But it does take a while because they have to fit me in between other clients (cuz its usually the case that Ive just stopped by to say hi and they force me to stay to get my hair done).

Back