Ladies with Design Essentials Transitioning Mousse what's your regimen?

Dove56

Hi Ladies,

I just did the DE treatment thanks to yodie and I love it so much.:yep:

For the last eight months or so I have been co-washing daily and wearing a bun and I haven't done any type of keratin treatment since last August 2012. I am transitioning now from keratin treatments to my natural texture so I am trying to figure out what to do next in terms my hair care regimen.

Are you ladies doing roller sets or are you all flatironing? Also, how often are you washing and conditioning your hair?

I LOVEEE the DE treatment. I can't wear a relaxer, so this is my version of a relaxer.
I dont have a special regimen. My hair likes to be left alone, so I do just that. I wash/dc once a week or sometimes once every other week. I flat iron. I haven't been able to rollerset with the treatment.

I use Cream of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo and Silk Elements con dish.

I LOVEEE the DE treatment. I can't wear a relaxer, so this is my version of a relaxer.
I dont have a special regimen. My hair likes to be left alone, so I do just that. I wash/dc once a week or sometimes once every other week. I flat iron. I haven't been able to rollerset with the treatment.

yodie please clarify. You have not rollerset or you can't do it with the treatment? Planning on a treatment in August

With this treatment I actually prefer the flat iron so far but I'm off my roller set game after bunning for so long lol.

Umm...do you have to go to a salon or is there a place to buy the mousse?? I have been looking into this and it looks pretty awesome. I would like to get this mousse.

yodie please clarify. You have not rollerset or you can't do it with the treatment? Planning on a treatment in August

Hi LD.

I tried and wasnt able to get a smooth rollerset. My stylist kept telling me it would not work well with large/med rollers. I tried to set it myself without much success. My hair shrunk and I dont know why. I'm not the best roller girl out there, so I would encourage you to try and see how it works for you. I believe rods might be a better option.

Last edited:
Dove56

Is the product sticky during application? How easy is it to blow-dry in?

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Application was a breeze. :yep: I listed the ingredients in another thread and honestly I don't know why a stylist needs to apply this. This treatment is, by far, easier than any keratin treatment I've done.

After I washed with the DE Sulfate free shampoo my hair wasn't rough feeling at all. When I started putting the treatment in my hair it was almost like putting in a leave-in conditioner. My hair was very easy to blow dry and I don't think there would be any problem with blowdrying unless a person exceeds the recommended 2oz per treatment.

Application was a breeze. :yep: I listed the ingredients in another thread and honestly I don't know why a stylist needs to apply this. This treatment is, by far, easier than any keratin treatment I've done.

After I washed with the DE Sulfate free shampoo my hair wasn't rough feeling at all. When I started putting the treatment in my hair it was almost like putting in a leave-in conditioner. My hair was very easy to blow dry and I don't think there would be any problem with blowdrying unless a person exceeds the recommended 2oz per treatment.

Thank goodness! I recently tried nuNaat keratin touch and it made my hair near impossible to blow-dry. My hair was a sticky mess! Thankfully once I rinsed, my hair was fine and the treatment still worked without the flat-ironing/blow-drying step being done per instructions. It'll work till I get my DE treatment.

Hi LD.

I tried and wasnt able to get a smooth rollerset. My stylist kept telling me it would not work well with large/med rollers. I tried to set it myself without much success. My hair shrunk and I dont know why. I'm not the best roller girl out there, so I would encourage you to try and see how it works for you. I believe rods might be a better option.

Hmmm. We will see. Maybe I can roller set and then flat iron at an even lower temperature to set it. From what I can tell after doing the treatment you can lower the flat iron even more anyways. So thus after a roller set, that should make it even lower. It might be worth it to do it this way. We'll see....

Does DE transitioning mousse have any cones?

mshoneyfly

Here are the ingredients:

Mousse:

Deionized water, polyquaternium-55, cocomidapropyl tremethyl ammonium, chloride and peg-8 dimethicone succinate, decyl glucoside, cetrimonium chloride, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, peg-75 lanolin, hydrolyzed wheat protein, panthenol, polysorbate 20, perfume/fragrance, dimethicone copolyol, citric acid.

I discussed the process and posted before/after pictures in this thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=690703&highlight=dove56&page=2

Last edited:
Thank goodness! I recently tried nuNaat keratin touch and it made my hair near impossible to blow-dry. My hair was a sticky mess! Thankfully once I rinsed, my hair was fine and the treatment still worked without the flat-ironing/blow-drying step being done per instructions. It'll work till I get my DE treatment.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I had that happen to me when I first did the QOD Orqaniq treatment. I used too much and had the worst most crispy blowdry ever. The next time I did the treatment I lightly brushed the product in and it was so easy to blowdry. :)

Last edited:
Hey ladies...I'm considering this treatment. Is anyone willing to sell a few ounces? I would like to try it without committing to a whole bottle.

Dove56 said:
Hi Ladies,

I just did the DE treatment thanks to yodie and I love it so much.:yep:

For the last eight months or so I have been co-washing daily and wearing a bun and I haven't done any type of keratin treatment since last August 2012. I am transitioning now from keratin treatments to my natural texture so I am trying to figure out what to do next in terms my hair care regimen.

Are you ladies doing roller sets or are you all flatironing? Also, how often are you washing and conditioning your hair?

Sounds interesting... Does anyone know if this system only works with Design Essentials Sulfate Free Shampoo or will the results be the same with any brand of sulfate free shampoo???

TIA

Dove56....I don't know. If the top is removable, maybe you can pour some into an empty pump bottle maybe? Let me see if I can find an empty pump bottle for sale on line. Maybe I can send the empty bottle to you and you can pour some in? Of course I am willing to pay for shipping.

I appreciate the kind offer. Thanks.

Dove56....I don't know. If the top is removable, maybe you can pour some into an empty pump bottle maybe? Let me see if I can find an empty pump bottle for sale on line. Maybe I can send the empty bottle to you and you can pour some in? Of course I am willing to pay for shipping.

I appreciate the kind offer. Thanks.

LivingDoll

The top is definitely removable so that isn't problem at all. I just wanted to make sure you can apply it properly. I guess you could spray it on your hair if need be. Hmmm. Oh well, just PM me your info and I will send it to you. I'm sure it won't be a problem applying it. :yep:

BTW, I am still LURVING this treatment. I was at the Beyoncé concert sweating and dancing like I was on stage in the floor area (standing room only) lol and my hair looked FAB even after all that humidity! This stuff is gone with the wind fabulous!:yep:

@LivingDoll

The top is definitely removable so that isn't problem at all. I just wanted to make sure you can apply it properly. I guess you could spray it on your hair if need be. Hmmm. Oh well, just PM me your info and I will send it to you. I'm sure it won't be a problem applying it. :yep:

BTW, I am still LURVING this treatment. I was at the Beyoncé concert sweating and dancing like I was on stage in the floor area (standing room only) lol and my hair looked FAB even after all that humidity! This stuff is gone with the wind fabulous!:yep:

Dove56...I am so excited to try it. My hair is very manageable but this frizz and poofiness is killing me! I have a weave right now and in this humidity, my leave out is giving me the BLUES. :lol:

Back