Ladies with Design Essentials Transitioning Mousse what's your regimen?

Arosci makes the same type of treatment. Not sure the name of it off my head. I used it on half of my head months ago before I did the DE treatment. I like it as well as the DE treatment. I just removed my tracks and didn't feel like paying to get half of my head done with the DE treatment, so I grabbed my Arosci treatment (I brought a sample size for $40) and got to work. My hair turned out lovely. So, as I start doing my own hair, I might try out the Arosci treatment as well.

Napp

First off, your hair is so pretty!

I've only watched applications on YT, and it appears that the hair is both blow dried and flat ironed like BKT treatments.
Thank you!:blush:

Thanks i was trying to see how the application differed from the arosci treatment

Arosci makes the same type of treatment. Not sure the name of it off my head. I used it on half of my head months ago before I did the DE treatment. I like it as well as the DE treatment. I just removed my tracks and didn't feel like paying to get half of my head done with the DE treatment, so I grabbed my Arosci treatment (I brought a sample size for $40) and got to work. My hair turned out lovely. So, as I start doing my own hair, I might try out the Arosci treatment as well.

yodie did you notice any breakage from the arosci. there was another member here who used it and had breakage after a few months. im guessing you had good long term results too?

Did you apply, blow dry and flat iron the Arosci Treatment in? I have both the serum and the foam and the serum instructs that it only be blow dried in and the foam doent have instructions on the bottle and it says to refer to a pamphlet that i didnt seem to get:sad:

i was going to try the serum once i finished with the no heat challenge because its less heat.

Napp,

I didn't experience any breakage with Arosci foam. I looked at You Tube for instructions. These systems are for trained stylists, so it wouldnt necessarily come with instructions.

Last edited:
i want some soooooo bad but that price tag like whoah lol. i will probably end up purchasing it, i am currently transitioning and still like to wear my hair straight occasionally. nothing i do keeps it from reverting after i blow dry/flat iron so i dont even bother anymore,

Mine arrived today, but I didn't buy the shampoo, so I'll be using an alternate clarifying shampoo whenever I do my treatment. Wondering about good conditioners to use post treatment...

I did Arosci back in 2012 but my hair poofed something terrible but that was after the color correction so it could've been because my hair was dry and damaged. Hmmm it was dirt cheap, maybe I will try it again. DE is still the bomb.com!!! :yep:

Last edited:
I looked at a YT video for the Arosci restructuring system and it looks pretty good (video posted by mylonghairjourney).
To buy all of the products for the system (5 products) came to $77.48 minimum( not sure of postage) from discountbeauty.com
Looks pretty good, just worried about all of the heat from blow drying and flat ironing x 2...

@judwillo7, I thinks it's cool that the Arosci offers a 1.75 oz size, so you don't have to spend $17x.xx out the gate. I wonder how the ingredients in their foam compare to the DE Transitioning Foam.

If you try it please report back.

@judwillo7, I thinks it's cool that the Arosci offers a 1.75 oz size, so you don't have to spend $17x.xx out the gate. I wonder how the ingredients in their foam compare to the DE Transitioning Foam.

If you try it please report back.

MileHighDiva

I have done them both and I would describe Arosci as a "weaker' treatment. DE held up in Houston's humidity with zero frizz.

I just knew my hair would be a bush when I left the Beyoncé concert but it was still silky smooth even though it was hotter than fish grease on the floor area. :yep: DE is magic lol.

When I did styled my hair I washed / conditioned then used Living Proof Prime Style extender and the a couple of pumps of the new Living Proof Serum (no oil or silicones) and blowdried my hair then used my flatiron. Excellent results.:yep: Ladies if you can head over to Sephora you can get a sample of these products. I think you all will be pleasantly surprised. :yep:

Last edited:
MileHighDiva

I have done them both and I would describe Arosci as a "weaker' treatment. DE held up in Houston's humidity with zero frizz.

I just knew my hair would be a bush when I left the Beyoncé concert but it was still silky smooth even though it was hotter than fish grease on the floor area. :yep: DE is magic lol.

When I did styled my hair I washed / conditioned then used Living Proof Prime Style extender and the a couple of pumps of the new Living Proof Serum (no oil or silicones) and blowdried my hair then used my flatiron. Excellent results.:yep: Ladies if you can head over to Sephora you can get a sample of these products. I think you all will be pleasantly surprised. :yep:

Dove56 have you ever tried QOD? If so I'd love to know how you rank it against these two. You're cracking me up with this "hotter than fish grease on the floor area"! Lol!

Dove56 have you ever tried QOD? If so I'd love to know how you rank it against these two. You're cracking me up with this on "hotter than fish grease on the floor area"! Lol!

CaliCurls Girl it was, they need some fans on the floor lol!

Yes, I have used QOD both the formaldehyde formula and the Organiq version. I have used both several times and they are great formulas.

DE is better than both to me, and I didn't think anything would surpass QOD Max Organiq. My hair is not altered one bit in its natural state and I like the fact the products work with lower temperatures and flatiron passes and its made for "our" hair. :yep:

I'm sold Dove56 ! After this sample version of QOD Max Organiq is gone I'll try DE...which means I'll ring in the New Year with it. Thanks!

CaliCurls Girl it was, they need some fans on the floor lol!

Yes, I have used QOD both the formaldehyde formula and the Organiq version. I have used both several times and they are great formulas.

DE is better than both to me, and I didn't think anything would surpass QOD Max Organiq. My hair is not altered one bit in its natural state and I like the fact the products work with lower temperatures and flatiron passes and its made for "our" hair. :yep:

I did the DE treatment but after the second wash my hair looked exactly the same, texture (ng) didn't loosen at all. Hopefully it will at least block frizz when it rains. Did you experience loosening with the qod Max organiq?

I looked at a YT video for the Arosci restructuring system and it looks pretty good (video posted by mylonghairjourney).
To buy all of the products for the system (5 products) came to $77.48 minimum( not sure of postage) from discountbeauty.com
Looks pretty good, just worried about all of the heat from blow drying and flat ironing x 2...

my hairdresser who has done both the DE and this, she said that the Arosci is drying, damaging and no where near as good as the DE

I didn't have any damage with Arosci, but I do agree that it seems to be a tad bit weaker than DE. I like DE and will stick with it. I don't plan to EVER be without this treatment again.

I did the DE treatment but after the second wash my hair looked exactly the same, texture (ng) didn't loosen at all. Hopefully it will at least block frizz when it rains. Did you experience loosening with the qod Max organiq?

disgtgyal

I did experience slight loosening with Qod Max Organiq nothing too drastic. I could always tell the difference between my new growth and Qod Organiq.
I don't want my natural texture to change though, which is why I love DE because it does not alter my natural curl.

The frizz, humidity and rain protection with DE is just as good as the formaldehyde based keratin / BKT treatments without the fumes and high number of heat passes. :yep:

Does anyone apply the DE/blow dry/flatiron one day and continue the 2nd wash/blow dry/flatiron on the next day? I haven't applied it yet because I haven't had enough time to do it all...not to mention I kinda don't want to do it all on the same day.

Last edited:
LivingDoll, I'm sure you could do that and be fine. The product stops penetrating after 15 minutes, so I don't think there's any danger in waiting after the first blow-dry/flatiron until the next day to rinse and re-flatiron.

I just did my own DE treatment. So easy. I love having someone else do it, but my pocket's can't afford it right now. Easy as pie!

Back