Ladies with Design Essentials Transitioning Mousse what's your regimen?

Read the thread and my question

1) how do you maintain your straight hair
Meaning do it revert back or stay straight

2) if it stays straight can you roller set or must you constantly use heat to keep it straight

3) we are talking about the transitional mousse, right because the elongation just loosen the curl a bit, right?

If I want to flat iron once a month and roller set weekly for straight hair ... Can I do this with DE system

Hopefully some of the other ladies will chime in as well. See my answers underneath your questions.
Read the thread and my question

1) how do you maintain your straight hair
Meaning do it revert back or stay straight
My hair stays straight until I wash. I notice frizz when the treatment begins to wear off. So, usually I pin curl my hair at night and that seems to work for me.

2) if it stays straight can you roller set or must you constantly use heat to keep it straight
I have not been able to do a wet roller set. Sometimes I use hard rollers and leave them in for a couple of hours, I pin curl the night before, or use my hot rollers.

3) we are talking about the transitional mousse, right because the elongation just loosen the curl a bit, right?
I use the transitional mousse (foam actually). I really don't see much purpose for the elongation mouse because my hair, when wet, still has lots of texture. My hair doesn't really straighten unless I apply heat.

If I want to flat iron once a month and roller set weekly for straight hair ... Can I do this with DE system
I did not achieve a smooth roller set when I tried it. Maybe curlformers or flexi rods will work. Can anyone else answer this question?

Dove56 it seems like this blows the silk elements treatment out of the water? I was actually going to buy it tom. but the DE sounds nice. Don't know if my wallet is ready now though..lol

Dove56 it seems like this blows the silk elements treatment out of the water? I was actually going to buy it tom. but the DE sounds nice. Don't know if my wallet is ready now though..lol

Try ebay. I bought a bottle for $145. It's pricey, but worth it.
I love the Silk Elements deep condish with this treatment. I use some of it as a leave in. My hair loves it. I think my hair loves Silk Amino Acids.

natural_one, my hair holds up pretty well when exercising (treadmill and/or Callanetics. Lately it's been the treadmill) I see the most problem (frizz) when the treatment is beginning to wear off.

Please believe me when I say that DE is not paying me, but I have to say that this treatment is so far the best thing that has happened to my hair. I did the treatment myself tonight and it turned out wonderful. My hair actually looks better than when I go to the salon. With this DE treatment I've been able to eliminate the blowdryer. That's something that I've been trying to accomplish for years!! My hair is so much easier to manage and style.

I wash, add con dish, then I detangle and do two strand twists with condish in my hair. I steam with my microwave cap or just let it sit. I rinse my hair with still in twists and air dry or sit underneath the dryer. Afterwards I take out each section and flat iron it. Next summer I'm going to eliminate the flat iron part and just wear the twist out in a pin up style. Woo-hoo!! I'm so happy and I'm so happy that I was persistent and didn't stop at the stylist who knew nothing about this product, yet they encouraged me to leave it alone because it wasn't for "our" hair.

nurseN98

This treatment is on a different level! I love that I am able to keep my curl! I had to talk my wallet into the purchase but it's all good now lol.:yep:

Please believe me when I say that DE is not paying me, but I have to say that this treatment is so far the best thing that has happened to my hair. I did the treatment myself tonight and it turned out wonderful. My hair actually looks better than when I go to the salon. With this DE treatment I've been able to eliminate the blowdryer. That's something that I've been trying to accomplish for years!! My hair is so much easier to manage and style.

I wash, add con dish, then I detangle and do two strand twists with condish in my hair. I steam with my microwave cap or just let it sit. I rinse my hair with still in twists and air dry or sit underneath the dryer. Afterwards I take out each section and flat iron it. Next summer I'm going to eliminate the flat iron part and just wear the twist out in a pin up style. Woo-hoo!! I'm so happy and I'm so happy that I was persistent and didn't stop at the stylist who knew nothing about this product, yet they encouraged me to leave it alone because it wasn't for "our" hair.

I am happy too because we all would've missed out! :yep::yep:

My hair grows like a magical unicorn weed in the Summer and I have retained ALL of my growth. It's been almost 2 months now. I still love the treatment and it's going strong. I will probably need a new treatment soon because I left my DE shampoo at my parent's home when I visited so I ended up using a shampoo with sulfate so it's a little "bigger" than usual.

I have a question: Does anyone that has used this treatment have fine strands? I have fine strands, and BKT require to much. Would anyone recommend this to a fine haired person? I am thinking about this for late fall.

Hi Dove56 :wave:

yodie is this a regular hair day for you or is this how you apply the de treatment? I would like to eliminate the blow drying step too

I have a question: Does anyone that has used this treatment have fine strands? I have fine strands, and BKT require to much. Would anyone recommend this to a fine haired person? I am thinking about this for late fall.

I have fine strands. These amino acid treatments strengthen my fine strands.

Napp What i described above is how I wash, dc, and straighten my hair. I'm protecting and growing out the back portion of my hair, so I have a few tracks in. Right now I wear my hair straight, so I use a steam flat iron to stretch out the two strand twists. (Babyliss Pro is awesome!) My hair is doing SOOO much better without using that blowdryer.
Next year this time I don't plan on flat ironing my hair at all. I wear the two strand twists in different pinned up styles.

Does this explain?

Napp What i described above is how I wash, dc, and straighten my hair. I'm protecting and growing out the back portion of my hair, so I have a few tracks in. Right now I wear my hair straight, so I use a steam flat iron to stretch out the two strand twists. (Babyliss Pro is awesome!) My hair is doing SOOO much better without using that blowdryer.
Next year this time I don't plan on flat ironing my hair at all. I wear the two strand twists in different pinned up styles.

Does this explain?
yes it does thanks. i want to hear more about the babyliss steam iron. my babyliss nano titanium seems to be burning my hair.

Napp,

I had the Maxiglide steam iron and loved it because I had nothing to compare it to. After awhile I stopped using the steam. Maybe my iron was getting old, but I just felt like something was wrong with it. Enough of Maxiglide! I used the Babyliss Pro for the first time yesterday. (Brought it off Amazon for about $65) It effortlessly smooths my hair with steam. I love how the steam doesn't burst out extra heavy. It's almost just enough. My hair felt great. It's a keeper.

After so many years on this board I FINALLY found products and a regimen that works for me.

Hi cutenss :wave:

I bet this would work well in your hair. :yep: You don't need high heat or a thousand passes with the flatiron :burning: to get great results!

^^ I do one or two passes and that's it. I don't use high heat. My hair can't take a lot of heat. I feel like the best is yet to come for my hair.

Last edited:
Anybody know or trust a salon in NYC to do this treatment??

Thought about buying it and trying it myself but have one too many horror stories about doing at home treatments.

TIA

You can get a list of DE stylists from the company. Call around and then check out some of the stylists to see who you gel with. That's what I did. My stylist was a sweetheart. She sent me pics of the clients she worked with.

Do any one of you workout regularly? How does it hold up with sweating?

natural_one

I workout regularly and it holds up very well. :yep: Mind you I exercise outside in this horrid Texas heat and humidity so I need my hair to hold up!

I put my hair in a ponytail then put my Lululemon headband on like this:
Yoga-Hair-Bands-Fitness-Body-Building-Yoga-font-b-Lululemon-b-font-font-b-headband-b.jpg

After I'm done I wrap my hair, take a shower, chill and have swangy smooth hair the next day. :)

I might give it a try. What I will do is wait for Black Friday Sale time, to see if I can get it at a discount :yep:

natural_one

I workout regularly and it holds up very well. :yep: Mind you I exercise outside in this horrid Texas heat and humidity so I need my hair to hold up!

I put my hair in a ponytail then put my Lululemon headband on like this:
Yoga-Hair-Bands-Fitness-Body-Building-Yoga-font-b-Lululemon-b-font-font-b-headband-b.jpg

After I'm done I wrap my hair, take a shower, chill and have swangy smooth hair the next day. :)
Dove56, thank you now I will spend even more money & buy this headband as well...:ohwell: :lol:

nurseN98 lol

I read about this headband last year from a Black Instyle editor that's a straight hair natural. She listed her fav items and said she would have an afro after working out without that Lululemon band. I've been using it ever since!

Back