Ladies: How long do you think I've got till I hit BSL?

When will I hit BSL

• Feb (3 mnths if you drink a Unicorn's blood)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • May (6 mnths)

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • November (1yr)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Probably never because you're a troll!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

0live0il

APL is not a big milestone for me because my hair has always pretty much been able to reach that length effortlessly. However, BSL is a goal I haven't reached in a long, long, LONG time!! And I'm hoping to reach it next year May 2013.

I want my goal to be realistic...

so ladies, what do you think? I'm not sipping any unicorn blood, rubbing breast milk on my head, or offering a sacrifice to demons, in order to increase my growth rate. I think I have a pretty average growth rate of 0.5 inch a month, and so far I've been natural for about a year and 8/9months

I've attached a poll. Give me a realistic outlook please. I REALLY just want to hit BSL asap. Then my goal after that will be to hit BSL with shrinkage. :spinning:

Last edited:
If bsl is 3-4 inches away, and because you have average growth rate of .5in/mo, then it should take 6-8 months. As long has your retention is up to par, that's not long from now. How many inches is it from APL to BSL?

If bsl is 3-4 inches away, and because you have average growth rate of .5in/mo, then it should take 6-8 months. As long has your retention is up to par, that's not long from now. How many inches is it from APL to BSL?

I'd say 3-4 inches, give or take. I rarely straightened my hair so I'm not really sure. Last time I blow dried, I was quite surprised how long it was. Sometimes I think I don't have much shrinkage because my curls aren't so tight, but that's not the case.

When can you claim APL? I see my hair in its curly state 99% of the time, so I can't help but judge it on that. I'm hoping that by the time I reach BSL, my shrinkage can be at least APL.

I think May is a realistic goal, ss long as you're diligent in your regimen to make sure you don't experience any breakage due to excessive heat or a lack of moisture.

I'm also APL and aiming for a full BSL by Spring. I've reached it in about 6 months multiple times before, so I'm aiming to replicate that. Of course that's assuming my itch to BC won't overwhelm me before that deadline :ohwell:

With that said, I don't think you'll have APL curly hair at BSL straight hair. There isn't as large a gap between APL and BSL as there is between SL and APL. Your pic shows a full SL curly hair at APL straight hair, so yeah, I think APL curly will probably need your straight hair to be at MBL at least.

I'd say 3-4 inches, give or take. I rarely straightened my hair so I'm not really sure. Last time I blow dried, I was quite surprised how long it was. Sometimes I think I don't have much shrinkage because my curls aren't so tight, but that's not the case.

When can you claim APL? I see my hair in its curly state 99% of the time, so I can't help but judge it on that. I'm hoping that by the time I reach BSL, my shrinkage can be at least APL.

No, you don't have to straighten your hair to find out. I'm asking what the distance is on your body from your actual armpit to the brastrap length (or below shoulder blade) area. I guesstimated the average is 3-4inches so, I'll stick to my original answer. Your hair looks nice and thick at this length. It'll only get thicker and bigger which is a blessing (so no need to straighten).

No, you don't have to straighten your hair to find out. I'm asking what the distance is on your body from your actual armpit to the brastrap length (or below shoulder blade) area. I guesstimated the average is 3-4inches so, I'll stick to my original answer. Your hair looks nice and thick at this length. It'll only get thicker and bigger which is a blessing (so no need to straighten).

lol, sorry I'm a bit sleepy:lol:

I think that's a good estimation, because I haven't actually measured it, but that seems about right.

Thanks!

@fasika - Wooo hooo, you've given me hope :grin: I'd be over the moon if I can be BSL in 6months. BC? Why, do you keep on BC'ing :lol: I did it once & I never plan on doing it again. It was fun and all but I like being able to tie my hair back.

ETA: Thanks for knocking me back to reality lol. So I'm guessing I can be MBL in about a years time :lol: What do you think? @fasika

When I mean BC, I don't mean the real big chop, just cutting off the relaxed ends :look: :lol:. I keep switching between natural and relaxed hair, that's my problem!

Sorry, I didn't mean to knock you out of dreamland :lol:, I just don't want you to be disappointed in a few months. Once my natural hair reached APL, it seemed to grow bigger, not necessary hang lower when it was in a wash and go, that's why I said not to expect APL curly hair.
Yeah MBL in a year is realistic, definitely :yep:

From just under my armpits to the bottom of my bra-strap is 6 inches for me. I either have a long back or I am measuring it wrong.

OP have you measured the distance? How long did it take you to get to APL from SL or wherever you started? What was the distance?

When I mean BC, I don't mean the real big chop, just cutting off the relaxed ends :look: :lol:. I keep switching between natural and relaxed hair, that's my problem!

Sorry, I didn't mean to knock you out of dreamland :lol:, I just don't want you to be disappointed in a few months. Once my natural hair reached APL, it seemed to grow bigger, not necessary hang lower when it was in a wash and go, that's why I said not to expect APL curly hair.
Yeah MBL in a year is realistic, definitely :yep:

LOL, dw I appreciate your honesty :lol:

I'm not a natural militant so I'm just going to say: DO YOU! Whatever makes you happy, but if length is important to you, make a decision quick before you cut all your progress away :lachen:

From just under my armpits to the bottom of my bra-strap is 6 inches for me. I either have a long back or I am measuring it wrong.

@Ogomo - It might have to do with how you wear your bra strap.

From APL to MBL, I'd say is about 6 inches for me.

Pretty and full hair!! I only voted 1yr in case you hit a lull in growth. I don't think it will take you very long to reach your goal.

Back