How long do you think it'll take for you to reach your goal?

How long before you reach your goal?

• 1-2 years

Votes: 190 53.5%
  • 3-4 years

Votes: 108 30.4%
  • 5+ years

Votes: 24 6.8%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 33 9.3%

• Total voters
My ultimate goal is full apl. I just started my HHJ last mth. I am starting out @ mid ear length and about 11.5 inches in the back. I am thinking it will take about 3-4 yrs to reach my goal.

My goal is BSL-MB.
I need about 16 inches so it'll take me close to 3 years.
So when I am starting college I should have my goal length.
I can't wait. =]

I voted 3-4 only because I am about 3 months into my HHJ and I am assuming from where I am at SL 3-4 years will be worst case for BSL.

The way my hair is acting right now, I'm looking at 1-2 years just to reach my goal of APL. I started at full NL in February 2009 and I'm barely grazing SL. Why hair why????!!! Oh well, it's healthy. I'm grateful for that!

I estimate it taking 2 more years for me to get to my ultimate goal of MBL. That's assuming I retain 4 inches of hair a year. I'm taking into consideration trims, breakage, mishandling...

I'm currently transitioning and have shoulder length hair, purposely cut there for manageability. I have about 3in NG and my goal is full MBL straightened, so I'm guessing it will take me like 3 years with my growth pattern.

I'm starting over AGAIN :rolleyes: so I'm guess about 3 years factoring in my upcoming haircut, any set backs and regular trims. I have layers to grow out and my ends are prone to splits and single strand knots. I think I'd like to grow my hair to MBL.

I am going to give myself at least three years to reach my ultimate goal which is WL. The front of my hair is 3-4 inches longer that the back, however the basic length is BSL. Currently I am in transition, my last relaxer was March '09. Once I have 9 inches of new growth, roughly July of 2010, I will clip off the relaxed ends. From that point I am looking for MBL straightened. Since I looking for about 6 inches of growth per year,
if I don't take off the relaxer I will reach WL in 2011, but taking off the relaxed ends will add an extra year on to my goal completion date.

Last edited:
Sigh, I just don't know, I think 3-4yrs. I want full tailbone with no layers and I have mad layers. I'm trying not to be impatient and let my hair do it's thang, but I'm ready to start hair tossin and swangin.:grin:

probably 2 or 3 years. i'm right at APL but my hair is uneven, my nape is breaking off again, and i keep having setbacks :( my goal is full, blunt-cut APL.

I am going to give myself 4 years from my start so I have 3 years left to reach my goal of health blunt Mid Back Lenght. I started off at ear lenght shaved in the back and in one year I got to a little past collar bone. If I dont get there I wont be upset because whatever lenght I get to from now on will be the longest I have ever been in my life.

I have eight to ten more inches to go so 8-10 months. I have figured out what makes my hair grow and found something better than NTM as a conditioner/moisturizer/leavein so now all I see is shed hair. HHG

I am still recovering from a disaster. So I say 2 years. I learned to stick to the stylist I know even if I have to travel out of my way to get my hair done.

I chose 3-4 years because I know I won't be satisfied after two years, lol. It's addictive. :o

My short-term goal is APL (I'm about an inch and a half away, I think); but my long-term goal is somewhere between MBL and WL. I'm thinking for safety's sake that I'll reach that long-term goal two years after my short-term goal is reached. :yep:

From my last relaxer I was about 1 inch from APL, and a couple from BSL. I voted 1-2 years til BSL....for good measure.

My goal is full mbl. I am at nl now, I bc in April I hope to be full sl or a little past by my 1 year ann. So I fugure 3-4 years

I'm going to say another year and a half. But then I should be MBL (i'm APL now). If I'm not there by then I'll just have be satisfied with where I'm at. :yep:

My goal was WL which I think I will achieve by the end of this year. Now my ultimate goal is hip length or tailbone length so I will give myself to December 2010 for that (so a little more than a year).

My goal is for my crown to reach BSL and for all of my hair to still be healthy. My lowest layer is already there. I think I can get there within 2 years.

Back