***Knockout Nape and Edges in 2010 Challenge***

Tonight I used Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème mixed with HS 14 in 1 and sealed with Hot Six Oil.
Im pretty sure yall tired of seeing these same items being used but I am trying to get them out of the way LOL.....

hey ladies i have been on point with all my challenges... but with my edges im a lil set back .. meaning.. i use MTG .. i have a weave for one of my challenges and im not trying to have my hair smell like burnt bacon..

!!!light bulb moment!!!! i can use a shower cap and cover my weaved hair and apply lil MTG and massage and then rinse..
Glad you came up with an alternative. Also, don't let the product stop you. If you need to switch from MTG to something else in the meantime so that you can keep nurturing your edges, don't be afraid to do so.

Got my relaxer on Saturday and had my stylist do the nape last...it still ended up burining a little. My nape seems to be very sensitive. Anyway, I massaged w Neosporin that night. I think it's ok and holding up. I'll post starting pics tonight or tomorrow. Unfortunately, I lost my camera w pics from several months ago.

Here are my starting photos. Massaging with homemade sulphur mix. Have now joined the Cayenne Challenge - lets see how that goes! I need all the help I can get. I'm so on this challenge:yep:

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 21
still using perfective temple and crown stimulator, i see decent results so far!! i am also still using the castor oil on my edges. today i bought so sulfar grease to apply to those weak areas today.

I massaged last night with profectiv balm, jojoba& JBCO again for about 20 minutes and was glad to give my head a breather...then I put castor oil all around my edges and let that marinate:yep: After that, I put on some neosporin around my front hairline and went from there. I found that I really need to keep my edges moisturized or oiled for them to show some productivity and right now my hair is in love with JBCO, so I think I have found a new staple. Until next time LHCF.

Moisture and oil has been the key for me. I MUST each morning and evening add at the very least a spritz to my edges. I usually do most of my oils in the morning because I don't want to smudge my pillows.

I am also using a baby brush to lightly brush my edges. It is like massaging. I forgot who talked about this on this site, but it is very helpful especially when I am in protective styles in my front area such as when I have flat twists in the front.

Hello.

Haven't checked in but I've been keeping up w/ my rountine. I've recently started using MN concentrating on my edges and hair line.It's only been a week but i pray it works. It sucks not being able to wear updos because you have a balding spot you can hide. Thank the Lord for rollersetting. I pray everyone else is doing well! HHG.

Hello.

Haven't checked in but I've been keeping up w/ my rountine. I've recently started using MN concentrating on my edges and hair line.It's only been a week but i pray it works. It sucks not being able to wear updos because you have a balding spot you can hide. Thank the Lord for rollersetting. I pray everyone else is doing well! HHG.

I feel you on that! I thank Him everyday for rollersets! I am able to hide and patch my butt off! I am still braiding the nape and both edges and I hide the edges with my swoop, i am thankful to still have that. They are thickening up (I guess the fact that they are natural helps):yep: I cant wait to relax on 2/10 after my 16 week stretch to see what I am working with. I get so depressed when I do my rollersets (twice weekly) and have to see all that missing hair, although my edges are now to the point that I can lay them on the roller. I am using MN also...laying off the MTdue to cost and I'm actually getting better results with the MN

And this too shall pass...

Hello Ladies, I have been keeping up with my routine of JBCO mixed in some MegaTek. I see a little growth on my edges but not a whole lot. I'm so nervous that they will no grow in. Please pray that they do. My nape is doing well no problems there. Happy Growing ladies

Hi Ladies,
I finally have starting pics after my relaxer this past Saturday. I've decided that for the next year, I'm not going to relax my nape. It's pretty bad, and I need to take drastic measures. Here are my starting pics.

NapeEdges004.jpg
NapeEdges006.jpg

NapeEdges013.jpg
NapeEdges015.jpg

NapeEdges017.jpg
NapeEdges018.jpg

NapeEdges021.jpg
NapeEdges022.jpg

NapeEdges025.jpg

Ok checking in..so instead of using my castor oil....i found some surge in my closet...and used it on my nape and edges. I also moisturized my entire head....

I drop out....
I am in the SHE challange and I basically do that faithfully but I dont bother with scratching/scritching my head. Yall keep up the good work you all will reap the benefits soon.

Checking in for the last few weeks... [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]I need to step up my game in this area. My edges are very damaged from micro braids years ago. I am probably massaging my whole head about 1 x week at the moment. I need to massage my edges at least 3 or 4 times a week. I am still waiting on my JBCO from www.jamaicanblackcastoroil.com . I am also thinking of trying EMU oil as I have been told it acts as a good “pusher” oil to the scalp... :scratchch[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

In the process of putting in yarn braids. My bald nape can't even be braided. I plan to wet it in the morning and night, then massage it with shea butter and CO.

Moisture and oil has been the key for me. I MUST each morning and evening add at the very least a spritz to my edges. I usually do most of my oils in the morning because I don't want to smudge my pillows.

I am also using a baby brush to lightly brush my edges. It is like massaging. I forgot who talked about this on this site, but it is very helpful especially when I am in protective styles in my front area such as when I have flat twists in the front.

The baby brush is a great tip! I'm bunning Monday through Thursday and I could use one to gently smooth my edges down.

Woke up this morning and massaged for 10min. -- nape with the right hand, edges with the left hand. Used Megatek and Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

Also been wearing my scarf a lot loosely on my head. And, when I wear my winter scarves, have been covering them with a satin or silk scarf to protect my nape a lot. And, wearing a satin bonnet under my winter hats.

I have been apply my UltraMax to my nape and edges nightly; sometimes twice daily. Massage for 4-5 minutes. I seal with my Softee growth oil. Then wrap my hair in my silk wrap.

I applied Mega Tek and my JBCO and Jojoba Oil mix to my nape and edges and massaged. Then I braided my hair using coconut oil and sealed the ends with castor oil. I like this regimen for my hair because it has been allowing me to take care of all my hair and not neglect one section or another. I also applied my profectiv temple balm to my edges before I applied MT. I washed and deep conditioned my hair on Friday, 1/22/10 and I even dug up my old heating cap and sat under that for about 40 minutes. I am just rambling and not telling what I did in any specific order, this is just what I did to my hair this weekend.:spinning:

i would LOVE to obtain the goals in this challenge!!!

thank you for making it!!!

but, my edges are about 7 inches behind the rest of my hair:cry3:!!!

i'm doing everything i can to help that area, but do any of you really think there is ANY hope of those lengths catching up? ever?:ohwell:

thanks, again....:perplexed

Back