***Knockout Nape and Edges in 2010 Challenge***

I know I'm late but I will like to join also. I will be applying Patience Growth Oil to my nape area and massaging nightly for 5 minutes. I will keep my nape moisturized with ORS olive oil. I will use less heat and manipulation. I'll post starting pics tomorrow night.

Hi Ladies,

Hope you're enjoying the new year! I think I've added everyone to the list of challengers- if I missed you, please let me know. New challengers are welcomed all year long, just keep track of your start date, and track (and share) your progress.

I'll be posting starting pics after my next relaxer retouch in about a week or so. I'm about to massage with Elasta QP H2 and Castor Oil for 10min.

Looking forward to the journey with all of you!

Using the same products right now.....Minus the HS 14 in 1.

:lick:Same products including the HS 14 in 1 this time around though.
Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème mixed with HS 14 in 1 and sealed with Hot Six Oil.

Last edited:
:hiya2: Happy New Year everyone...!!!

I've been massaging my front and side edges with Jamaican Black Castor Oil for 5 mins since Dec 26 faithfully. I usually do massages at work when I have downtime. :yep:

I would like to join this challenge, my edges in particular need some serious help. I will post pictures by the end of the week.

Here is my committment

I will apply MTG/MoeGro/Homemade sulfur mix to my edges and nape and massage my scalp for 10 mins nightly. I will protect with a silk or satin scarf at night and my nape/edges and will either wear a phony pony or twist out

Question:

I want to use JBCO for my oil for edges for thickness and also b/c I will be massaging my entire scalp with this (thicker hair challenge) BUT will it be more benefical to use the MOE GRO mix or alternate?!?

Tonight I used Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème mixed with HS 14 in 1 and sealed with Hot Six Oil, oh and I have been scratching my scalp. I just dont wanna be too rough and actually be pulling hair by accident.

Wanted to keep my bun from yesterday in today, so last night, I gently massaged my nape area upwards to keep my hair smoothed down for 5min.

Tonight I used Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème mixed with HS 14 in 1 and sealed with Hot Six Oil.

Hello Ladies! sorry for just now checking in. I have been massaging my edges and nape with warmed JBCO....feels so good! I think im going to substitute between JBCO and Coconut oil.

Update: I washed and conditioned my hair this past weekend and applied Profetiv leave in treatment throughout my hair and put Pro temple and nape balm on my edges. When I removed my lace wig this past weekend I noticed that I had some irritation around my edges because it was red and had a few little bumps in that are around my front hairline. So I immediately washed my face and hairline with black soap, wiped/toned with witch hazel, then applied neosporin and JBCO to my edges overnight!:boxing: Then I noticed that this stupid little wig comb in the nape area is pulling my hair out back there, it is so annoying, I don't even put it in place but it still seems to catch and pull my hair!:wallbash: So much for that, I ordered me a full lace with no combs and the correct measurements so that the lace does not sit on my hair either. Still trying to get that one together...:rolleyes: I massaged for about 20 minutes Sat. night, then applied the same products and massaged for another 20-30min on Sunday night. I braided my hair in cornrows in a different direction than usual with some extra virgin coconut oil in it:lick:. So when I reapplied my wig, I put a thin layer of neosporin around my edges again, which healed up nicely in 2 days:yep:, and then put liquid bandaid around my hairline to protect my skin from any of the glue or tape I am using and that's where I am at today. I am going to stay on top of these edges and nape whether they like it or not:clubu:

^^^You can cut the comb out of the wig and just use the elastic to hold it in place. Oh, and you ain't playin' with your edges and nape. You went all out with nurturing your edges with the neosporin, witch hazel, bandaids and all. That's what I'm talkin' about LOL!

I massaged my nape and edges with shea butter and co tonight.

Just

Tonight I used Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème mixed with HS 14 in 1 and sealed with Hot Six Oil

updated: I am using my ovation/mt/jbco everyday i have to cowash more ofter :wallbash: but it is soo cold in ny:yep::yep: but i am def:yep::yep: gonna change that

Up dates I'm currently using Megatek mixed with JBCO. I love the JBCO. I'm seeing more growth on the left side of my hairline than the right. Is or has anyone else ever experienced this? I hope that i have no perm damage to right side

^^^You can cut the comb out of the wig and just use the elastic to hold it in place. Oh, and you ain't playin' with your edges and nape. You went all out with nurturing your edges with the neosporin, witch hazel, bandaids and all. That's what I'm talkin' about LOL!

I massaged my nape and edges with shea butter and co tonight.

Just

Thanks, I thought about cutting the comb out, but I just knew I would ruin it, but thank you I will take your suggestion.:yep: Yep, you know it ain't no game with our crowning glory. HHG

Djkforeal, your welcome.

Massaging now. My nape is still really moisturized from last night, so I'm not reapplying any more products to this area.

hey ladies i have been on point with all my challenges... but with my edges im a lil set back .. meaning.. i use MTG .. i have a weave for one of my challenges and im not trying to have my hair smell like burnt bacon..

!!!light bulb moment!!!! i can use a shower cap and cover my weaved hair and apply lil MTG and massage and then rinse..

Back