Keshia Knight is a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so this isnt the best example as its late and i didnt want to go bumbling through my old photo albums but here is a pic of me when i was like 9 (i'm the shorter one with the poof swoopd to the side, no laughing)

MonJazz.jpg

and here is my hair now

514936939_photobucket_64581_.jpg

now i dont know about yall, but even though this is a bad pic, it doesnt look like the same head of hair. both pix my hair is 100% natural

YES MA'AM (it can) - SEE THIS INTERVIEW I DID WHERE A TYPE 4B WHEN TO A TYPE 3A :yep: what can i do about heat damage? is it reversible? | KisforKinky

HER ONE YEAR UPDATE WILL BE COMING UP THIS MONTH TOO. HER HAIR IS THRIVING NOW THAT IT IS BACK TO ITS NORMAL AND REAL TEXTURE. :yep:

The girl on your blog does not look like she has 3a curls. :nono: They look nothing like it, I mean nothing. Nothing. They look like she has limp, lifeless, loose ends, greasy, texturized curls. Just because a curl is "looser" doesn't mean it looks like a natural loose curl. There is a distinct look from natural curls to damaged and/or texturized curls. The girl in your blog looks like she has a Jheri curl, or some other curly perm, or heat damaged natural hair. Those damaged curls she has are thin curls, no clumping. Flame me if you want, I don't give a flying flip, but no one can prove me wrong.

Last edited:
I think it doesn't matter. Differences exist and they are unpredictable.
Heat, colouring and manipulation can alter a person's hair as well. But I'm more interested in hair care than I am in DNA when it comes to hair.

Last edited:
Beautiful, I'm glad u posted, most ppl can't believe our hair can do this for some odd reason

but you know I'm lost is this mostly coming from a hair type issue or skin color issue or both:ohwell:
I think it doesn't matter. Differences exist and they are unpredictable.
Heat, colouring and manipulation can alter a person's hair as well. But I'm more interested in hair care than I am in DNA when it comes to hair.
people are weird about the hair thing. Unless you look like an exotical, your hair HAS to be 4z and kinky or damaged or permed or you have a "coolie" grandma. If you are an exotical then even if you hair is bleached, damaged, fried to 2c, it's authentic. And don't try to claim okay? You're not in the good hair club!:look:
Dumb and stupid.
People can be so open minded about so many other things, but can't deal with something simple like hair? I think this is a form of psychosis.

so perpetuating ignorance is okay because she's a celebrity? hmmmm missed that memo.

Right. I remember when Chrisette Michele BC'd and a lot of people were like, "she must have had damage". It was like just because she was a celebrity, she couldn't have the same reasons of wanting to BC that other women on this board have. I really don't see any benefit in Keisha lying about her hair. I believe it.

And about her curly pic. Not everyone takes 1000 pics of their hair like we do. How many non-scalp, shoulder-shrunken, neck-tilted pics have we seen on this board that get a million "thanks"? No one questions that.

ive posted them here before LOL

But ok here we go again, one more time, I know nobody believes anything without pics around hea

in a photo booth, wasnt ready for the shot
Hosted on Fotki

this one is worse:lachen:
Hosted on Fotki

why did my fiance just get a big laugh at these pics and dare me to post them :freakout::perplexed
I knew him in high school- he had a fro :look:

Irresistible - I've always said we're hair twins and now it's official. I have pictures just like this - I have some where my hair is even in a bigger fro. I myself wondered why my mom didn't do anything to my hair. She said "that's the way we wore it. It was clean, picked out, and healthy." Honestly, the products back then sucked. If you didn't press and curl, you wore braids or afro. I re-discovered my curls when I found leave-in and gel.

Lemme see if I can find those pictures....

... If you didn't press and curl, you wore braids or afro. I re-discovered my curls when I found leave-in and gel.

Lemme see if I can find those pictures....

I am beginning to think that no matter how many pictures are posted showing childhood hair that is dramatically different from the rediscovered curly adult hair, it will never convince people. Some people are dead-set on believing what they want to believe, no matter the proof to the contrary. :nono:

I am beginning to think that no matter how many pictures are posted showing childhood hair that is dramatically different from the rediscovered curly adult hair, it will never convince people. Some people are dead-set on believing what they want to believe, no matter the proof to the contrary. :nono:
:yep::yep::yep:

My hair was EXACTLY like rudy's on the cosbys when I was little. What people do not realize is that as soon as you comb through 3c 4a curly hair the curls do not bounce back and recoil. It turns into a fluffly cloud/poof, and the curls dont come back unless u rewet it and add product. So since MY hair was always immediately detaingled and put into ponytails when I was little, I never realized I had curly hair until I came to the hair boards and BC'd. Even when I was out of the ponytail phase, my hair was heat damaged until it didnt curl anymore due to getting it pressed everyweek.

Point taken.:deadhorse:

This thread. lol

Isn't black hair awesome?

Keisha's hair--or should I say this the other way around-- reminds me of Bre Skullark's hair and many ladies' hair on this board. Afro to ringlets with no effort at all. I can't find any childhood pics of Bre's hair, but I wouldn't be surprised if it looked like most of our childhood pictures with hair that just did what it wanted to do, despite our mother's efforts. :lol:

Bre's short haired pics look exactly like my mother's head (who did her BC in September by the way.) And my mother can surely get a nice fluffy afro no problem.

Our heads of hair are so diverse. And each head can create so many beautiful looks, I'm surprised that we're debating this on this board of all places.

Bre%281%29.jpg

xol7kupyexvqypx7.jpg

41oz3qyucj7d3zy4.jpg

101021_bre_036119.jpg

Bre+Scullark+8aMefX_4HoZm.jpg

Last edited:
People can believe whatever they want to believe. They don't have to take anyone's word as gospel and they don't know Keshia Knight personally. Some people believe that celebrities are liars. They claims butts, boobs, faces, etc that they don't have.
I don't really care about the Keshia Knight controversy but this thread was really informative.

My hair was EXACTLY like rudy's on the cosbys when I was little. What people do not realize is that as soon as you comb through 3c 4a curly hair the curls do not bounce back and recoil. It turns into a fluffly cloud/poof, and the curls dont come back unless u rewet it and add product. So since MY hair was always immediately detaingled and put into ponytails when I was little, I never realized I had curly hair until I came to the hair boards and BC'd. Even when I was out of the ponytail phase, my hair was heat damaged until it didnt curl anymore due to getting it pressed everyweek.

this is my hair 100% :yep:

and even then it make take awhile to make your hair COMPLETELY soak up the water!!!!!! i dry detangled my braidout and my hair turned into huuuuge puff and took FOREVER to completely get wet in the shower. i wanted to holler like marvin gaye.

and even then it make take awhile to make your hair COMPLETELY soak up the water!!!!!! i dry detangled my braidout and my hair turned into huuuuge puff and took FOREVER to completely get wet in the shower. i wanted to holler like marvin gaye.
:lachen::lachen::lachen: is all.

It dang sure isnt going to convince me, Idc what color/skintone whatever she is(that was silly to even bring into it, imo), we watched her hair for yearrrrrrs, hell a decade on that show, and I simply do not believe the texture shown in pic is the same texture I watched for a decade on the show.
What one persons hair is doing, is not "proof" of anything related to another person...all any of us can do is speculate.

WOOOOOOOW That is mad offensive, and it sounds like it just rolled off his tongue; is he at least Asian? And even then, DAMN! That hurt me. And really, that's a late 19th/early 20th century term, very few people use it or even know what it means, so maybe he thought it would go right over your head.

And now that I think about it, does HE even know what it means? LOL, I am just laughing because people use words and phrases all the time without knowing their history or true meaning, it's quite comical, actually.

actually, alot of caribbean ppl still use it... i'm jamaican, and every caribbean person i know (basically 98% of the ppl know) say it all the time... they even call themselves coolie. my guess is elle's friend was of caribbean decent. i'm not gonna lie though, i didn't know it's origins until recently.

It's just ignorance. Some people truly may not understand how our hair works while others may be upset because they want the texture she has. Whatever the case may be Keshia has and always has had gorgeous hair.

actually, alot of caribbean ppl still use it... i'm jamaican, and every caribbean person i know (basically 98% of the ppl know) say it all the time... they even call themselves coolie. my guess is elle's friend was of caribbean decent. i'm not gonna lie though, i didn't know it's origins until recently.

It has more to do with the island or country you come from.

If you are from Trinidad or Guyana where the East Indian population is the majority, then you are usually aware of the origins and well aware that many people are offended by it - especially the older generation. Younger people do it more. My father does NOT call himself c***** at all and no one in our family does it at all.

If you are Jamaica or St. Lucia, the East Indian population is a small minority. There was really less of an opportunity for Indians to define themselves differently as a people.

Last edited:
It's just ignorance. Some people truly may not understand how our hair works while others may be upset because they want the texture she has. Whatever the case may be Keshia has and always has had gorgeous hair.

It has more to do with the island or country you come from.

If you are from Trinidad or Guyana where the East Indian population is the majority, then you are usually aware of the origins and well aware that many people are offended by it - especially the older generation. Younger people do it more. My father does NOT call himself c***** at all and no one in our family does it at all.

If you are Jamaica or St. Lucia, the East Indian population is a small minority. There was really less of an opportunity for Indians to define themselves differently as a people.

that actually makes a lot of sense. although i have heard a few Trinidadians call themselves that. some ppl i know actually brag about being coolie. as i type, there's a girl on my twitter carrying on about how glad she is that she isn't fully black and pretty she is and how nice her hair is b/c she's coolie...

that actually makes a lot of sense. although i have heard a few Trinidadians call themselves that. some ppl i know actually brag about being coolie. as i type, there's a girl on my twitter carrying on about how glad she is that she isn't fully black and pretty she is and how nice her hair is b/c she's coolie...

same thing as the "nappy" word in black community i think ... some ppl say that is a pejorative word and prefer other term to name their hair ... some call themseves nappy with proud...

The meaning of a word can evolve according to generations and beeing redifine...

just saying :blush:

Guess what?

So...turns out that the curly haired picture used in the CN interview is a cell phone picture that Keshia took specifically for the CN readers. It's not a wig or a weave, and that's why we can't find it online.

Just sharing!

Re: Guess what?

So...turns out that the curly haired picture used in the CN interview is a cell phone picture that Keshia took specifically for the CN readers. It's not a wig or a weave, and that's why we can't find it online.

Just sharing!

thanks elle:grin:
i didnt think it would be a weave the curlynikki site is about natural hair and embracing whatever texture you have:yep:.........however as someone already said you cant see her roots in the pic......aka she hiding something:ohwell::lachen::lachen:

this is the real issue why this thread is hitting ten pages. People can't wrap their head around a "regular black girl"having curly aka good hair. It HAS to be a mistake or fake because only "mixed" girls have hair like that. All this frenzy over ignorance. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept that the girl's hair curly and even if it was a bit tighter a while ago, that doesn't negate the fact that she has always had thick, healthy and curly hair. If this was a pic of lisa bonet or someone with the right aesthetic, would we be suspicious and insist their curls were the product of heat straightening/alteration? would people be analyzing and throwing out weave, texturizer, etc? Nope. People would accept it, even if her hair WAS texturized/heat damaged. Why do people care so much that they are reaching soooo far and deep to explain the girl's hair texture. How weird is that?:spinning:

Despite this board being filled with gorgeous women with gorgeous hair of all shades, defying stereotypes, people deep down can't let go of the same old ignorant hair crap even if they see the real live proof, over and over again. Just sad.

That's funny because CN recently ran an interview of Karyn Parsons from Fresh Prince, who recently stopped texturizing and many people stated that they assumed that was her natural texture on the show.

Re: Guess what?

thanks elle:grin:
i didnt think it would be a weave the curlynikki site is about natural hair and embracing whatever texture you have:yep:.........however as someone already said you cant see her roots in the pic......aka she hiding something:ohwell::lachen::lachen:

Oh I know but I think someone was talking about stock photos off the net and not knowing if that was even truly her natural hair or not...was that here? Girl I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back