Keshia Knight is a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the real issue why this thread is hitting ten pages. People can't wrap their head around a "regular black girl"having curly aka good hair. It HAS to be a mistake or fake because only "mixed" girls have hair like that. All this frenzy over ignorance. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept that the girl's hair curly and even if it was a bit tighter a while ago, that doesn't negate the fact that she has always had thick, healthy and curly hair. If this was a pic of lisa bonet or someone with the right aesthetic, would we be suspicious and insist their curls were the product of heat straightening/alteration? would people be analyzing and throwing out weave, texturizer, etc? Nope. People would accept it, even if her hair WAS texturized/heat damaged. Why do people care so much that they are reaching soooo far and deep to explain the girl's hair texture. How weird is that?:spinning:

Despite this board being filled with gorgeous women with gorgeous hair of all shades, defying stereotypes, people deep down can't let go of the same old ignorant hair crap even if they see the real live proof, over and over again. Just sad

Thank you. You hit the nail on the head. I can leave this post now that some good sense has been injected into this thread. :yep:

OMG so my friend used this word last week and I didn't even know what it meant...He was talking about that Ethiopian chick who did the vid on black women and he's like, "Are you sure she's Ethiopian she looks coolie to me..." And I looked it up and I was like wait you're allowed to call people that without being offensive?!!

yup lots of people use it when they are trying to imply you have Indian in you :rolleyes: in Jamaica Trinidad Barbados its still used by alot of blacks indians chinese whites etc i heard them all say it

Last edited:
Elle, depending on where you are from, saying "Coolie" is no big deal. It's completely acceptable in Jamaica, for example.

:sneakyhug: Heyyyyyyy!!!!!
I taught you gave up on us :slap:
May! i actually thought it was March 1st... but it's may 1st!!!

i checked out nappturality last nite

it was quite:yep: (nice tho).... is the quick question, is the word kimmay like a curse word over there?:look:

i've been on lhcf for years lurking.... just going back to lurking for a while probably:yep:

Last edited:
It's probably not even her hair, and she probably wasn't planning on people thinking it was. A lot of time these internet interviewers will just pull a picture off of the net to post with the interview, not really making sure it's an accurate or current picture of the person. That could be her sportin' her vacation weave--who knows.

That's what I'm saying! I mean it looks good but it's really hard to tell these days especially when the person is famous.

may! i actually thought it as march first... but may first!!!

i checked out nappturality last nite

it was quite:yep: (nice tho).... is the quick question, is the word kimmay like a curse word over there?:look:

i've been on lhcf for years lurking.... just going back to lurking for a while probably:yep:
yep cause she turned to the devil (the flat iron) :lachen::lachen:

Lemme quit:grin:

pleeeeeze don't tell me i missed it:look:... it's not gif time yet is it?

:lachen::lachen:
it's probably coming soon:lol:

Because I like you ladies...
imager.php

oh my f**king goodness. that serious huh?

speaking as a 3 something with some 4 something, when i was little...my hair just looked puffy. why? cause it was brushed into pigtails that were little girl appropriate. i have a picture of my hair in a puff and it looks just like that, A PUFF. hell when you're little and your hair is completely unaltered you see what your hair is like.

got older and flat ironed it all of the time, and my hair looked like that first picture of hers. i know heat damage when i see it. or heat trained what freaking ever.

just found out what my hair texture truly is a few years ago.

peoples hair texture changes with age and with PROPER CARE.

if you were to see my hair when i was little compared to how it looks now, people would probably say the same about me

NikNak said...
And honestly, it is very plausible that she uses a texturizer and lies about it. I know plenty of people who lie about not texturizing their hair to give the impression they have "good" hair. I don't see why Keyshia would be above that.

Although, it is also very plausible that her hair maintains that texture b/c she has applied so much heat to it over the years that it has permanent heat damage.

Either way, not sure why CN would choose someone who isn't EVER embracing her "curls" (former Rudy curls).

February 7, 2011 6:17 PM

Whoever this is they are going IN.

like alot of posters said, i didnt know i had curls until i was older and fully natural. back in the day everyone compared my hair to rudy's b/c of the length/thickness/poofiness...my mom always blew/brushed out my hair and put it in puffs, ponytails, or braids. even now with a blowdryer or brush on dry hair i can go from
9j0hz5.jpg

to:
2afio90.jpg

& i dont color my hair, dont use heat regularly (blowdryed it 2x w/ heat protectant and got full reversion both times), and i'm dark skinned, 1/2 african-american, 1/2 nigerian.

i'm pretty sure keshia's hair is somewhat damaged/loosened from heat and/or color, but i dont think she has a texturizer, and its quite possible for her natural texture to be in the 3s even tho she's just one of us ole regular non mixed dark skinned negro gals & not one of those mixed breed exoticals with the light skin and light eyes.:rolleyes:

like alot of posters said, i didnt know i had curls until i was older and fully natural. back in the day everyone compared my hair to rudy's b/c of the length/thickness/poofiness...my mom always blew/brushed out my hair and put it in puffs, ponytails, or braids. even now with a blowdryer or brush on dry hair i can go from

to:

& i dont color my hair, dont use heat regularly (blowdryed it 2x w/ heat protectant and got full reversion both times), and i'm dark skinned, 1/2 african-american, 1/2 nigerian.

i'm pretty sure keshia's hair is somewhat damaged/loosened from heat and/or color, but i dont think she has a texturizer, and its quite possible for her natural texture to be in the 3s even tho she's just one of us ole regular non mixed dark skinned negro gals & not one of those mixed breed exoticals with the light skin and light eyes.:rolleyes:

ooooooooooooo:blush:, I'd love to see your parents hair!
so juicy

i mean, i don't know if i've ever seen such perfect curls.... wtfudge did your relaxed hair look like?

Last edited:
9j0hz5.jpg

to:
2afio90.jpg

Beautiful, I'm glad u posted, most ppl can't believe our hair can do this for some odd reason

but you know I'm lost is this mostly coming from a hair type issue or skin color issue or both:ohwell:

I was invited to be on her site last year, I was afraid cause I do use heat like once a year and don't wear my hair in natural styles except my pony tail

All I could see is attacks coming for me and CN, she told me what angle she was going to come from-on me-I can't remember

But it kinda felt like I might be stepping into a war zone at the time

9j0hz5.jpg

to:
2afio90.jpg

looks like you got a silkner up there IMO :sekret:.....:giggle:

just joking you have beautiful hair:yep:

ooooooooooooo:blush:, I'd love to see your parents hair!
so juicy

i mean, i don't know if i've ever seen such perfect curls.... wtfudge did your relaxed hair look like?
lol maybe one day i'll go thru the archives and dig up some family pics...but thanks! i have some pics of my relaxed hair in my fotki...it wasnt nothing to write home about lol it was so damaged and broken off &rarely was past SL.

It's probably not even her hair, and she probably wasn't planning on people thinking it was. A lot of time these internet interviewers will just pull a picture off of the net to post with the interview, not really making sure it's an accurate or current picture of the person. That could be her sportin' her vacation weave--who knows.

that's what i thought it was

looks like Tanisha't advice to me!:look::look:

BOTH are gorgeous:yep:

I was invited to be on her site last year, I was afraid cause I do use heat like once a year and don't wear my hair in natural styles except my pony tail

All I could see is attacks coming for me and CN, she told me what angle she was going to come from-on me-I can't remember

But it kinda felt like I might be stepping into a war zone at the time

alot of the comments there kinda like nappturality to me :ohwell:

i can already imagine what the comments would be like ...:look:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back