Keshia Knight is a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the issue here is people expect Terri's hair to have defined curls because she is biracial. Truth be told- folks don't want to accept the fact that non-biracial girls can have curly hair too. especially brown-skinned girls:look:
And on top of all that isn't all natural hair curly? Its just different curl sizes.

Keshia does have naturally curly hair but like she stated in her interview she has used heat to tame her curls.
this is the real issue why this thread is hitting ten pages. People can't wrap their head around a "regular black girl"having curly aka good hair. It HAS to be a mistake or fake because only "mixed" girls have hair like that. All this frenzy over ignorance. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept that the girl's hair curly and even if it was a bit tighter a while ago, that doesn't negate the fact that she has always had thick, healthy and curly hair. If this was a pic of lisa bonet or someone with the right aesthetic, would we be suspicious and insist their curls were the product of heat straightening/alteration? would people be analyzing and throwing out weave, texturizer, etc? Nope. People would accept it, even if her hair WAS texturized/heat damaged. Why do people care so much that they are reaching soooo far and deep to explain the girl's hair texture. How weird is that?:spinning:

Despite this board being filled with gorgeous women with gorgeous hair of all shades, defying stereotypes, people deep down can't let go of the same old ignorant hair crap even if they see the real live proof, over and over again. Just sad.

...I mean REALLY... couldn't she have provided a pic that didn't cut her forehead off??? I could really care less about her ish but doin those kinda angle shots make it all sooooo suspect....:boxing:
For the record, ibelieve she is natural but i do not believe THAT is a pic of her natural hair...:nono:

Last edited:
this is the real issue why this thread is hitting ten pages. People can't wrap their head around a "regular black girl"having curly aka good hair. It HAS to be a mistake or fake because only "mixed" girls have hair like that. All this frenzy over ignorance. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept that the girl's hair curly and even if it was a bit tighter a while ago, that doesn't negate the fact that she has always had thick, healthy and curly hair. If this was a pic of lisa bonet or someone with the right aesthetic, would we be suspicious and insist their curls were the product of heat straightening/alteration? would people be analyzing and throwing out weave, texturizer, etc? Nope. People would accept it, even if her hair WAS texturized/heat damaged. Why do people care so much that they are reaching soooo far and deep to explain the girl's hair texture. How weird is that?:spinning:

Despite this board being filled with gorgeous women with gorgeous hair of all shades, defying stereotypes, people deep down can't let go of the same old ignorant hair crap even if they see the real live proof, over and over again. Just sad.

:worship2::worship2::worship2:

Um...LOLz at the comments on Curly Nikki...doing too too much.

LOLz at the title of this thread...fire starter!

I have no idea if that picture is her hair or not, I couldn't even find another pic of her hair curly online to mildly sleuth. If it takes more that 3.75 minutes, that's too much for good ol' Elle.

She needs to go on the CN comments and pull a
girlshoves.gif

NOBODY else thinks this s**t is hilarious! I'm like sitting over here dying at this! I want to find somebody to do it to right now!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

The Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss isn't also a heat protectant? That's how I use it and haven't had any issues. That's how they use it on my hair at the Aveda salon too. :perplexed

But people disagreed on Kimmaytube's hair type as well. Many posters thought she was a 3C and Kimmaytube certainly doesn't fit the aesthetic you speak of. FWIW, Kimmay has a vid stating that she is a 4a/b.

I don't think anyone is doubting a brown skin girl can have curly hair. Last I checked Chili from TLC was brown and she clearly has 3a or 3b hair.

But people disagreed on Kimmaytube's hair type as well. Many posters thought she was a 3C and Kimmaytube certainly doesn't fit the aesthetic you speak of. FWIW, Kimmay has a vid stating that she is a 4a/b.

I don't think anyone is doubting a brown skin girl can have curly hair. Last I checked Chili from TLC was brown and she clearly has 3a or 3b hair.

She means (Kurlee correct me if I'm mistaken) that people always seem to doubt if a "regular" black girl has anything lower than 3c hair. Chilli is brown yes, but her mother is half native american and her father is west indian (which of course is often used as the you got that good hair excuse).

:trophy::trophy:

yup some of the comments i see on curly nikki are alot of the same ignorant comments you hear in everyday life but as they are natural and therefore at peace with their ''naps'' i guess i must be mistaken:look:

if keisha was not famous and had a youtube channel people would be straight out asking her is she mixed cus she doesnt look fully black in the face :ohwell:

same foolishness LHDC ..leobodyc5... and chime will probably soon get:look:

She means (Kurlee correct me if I'm mistaken) that people always seem to doubt if a "regular" black girl has anything lower than 3c hair. Chilli is brown yes, but her mother is half native american and her father is west indian (which of course is often used as the you got that good hair excuse).

I wasn't getting that vibe from this thread though. It seems to me that most people questioned her hair type because Keisha's hair in the pic posted doesn't seem anywhere near close to the hair type she had as a child.

Keisha's hair in the pic posted seems more like Chili or Ananda Lewis hair type which doesn't really fit with the way it appeared when she was on the Cosby Show. And for me that has nothing to do with being mixed or not mixed. I'm just using my eyes.

on point. exactly what i meant.

people like to act brand new, but it's just silly. the girl has nice hair; period. I don't see the need to break down her DNA or whether there is heat damage, lace front, dax, ultra perm, pcj, juices n berries or soul glo on her head. like really?:spinning:

yup my family both sides west indian and any length i had is because you got the ''coolie'' in you:ohwell:

I wasn't getting that vibe from this thread though. It seems to me that most people questioned her type because Keisha's hair in the pic posted doesn't seem anywhere near close to the hair type she had as a child.

Keisha's hair in the pic posted seems more like Chili or Ananda Lewis hair type which doesn't really fit with the way it appeared when she was on the Cosby Show.

Oh I didn't get that from this thread either...I was referring to the comments on Curly Nikki. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I mean I won't lie, I am a little confused about her hair, especially since she cut it into a bob not that long ago and it looks longish in that photo? But I dunno, I just don't care either way and the way on CN they were like, "I'm calling BS on this" and saying she is doing it for attention because of the natural hair hype well...not sure how they got alladat...

Oh I didn't get that from this thread either...I was referring to the comments on Curly Nikki. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I mean I won't lie, I am a little confused about her hair, especially since she cut it into a bob not that long ago and it looks longish in that photo? But I dunno, I just don't care either way and the way on CN they were like, "I'm calling BS on this" and saying she is doing it for attention because of the natural hair hype well...not sure how they got alladat...

Oh ok now I see. I didn't read the CN comments. From what you say, I'm glad I skipped them.

The Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss isn't also a heat protectant? That's how I use it and haven't had any issues. That's how they use it on my hair at the Aveda salon too. :perplexed
:heart2: that stuff

but no I don't think it is , although I use it at times w/heat, it actually is just a finishing gloss, good stuff:yep:

Aveda has that universal styling cream as a heat protectant I think

yup my family both sides west indian and any length i had is because you got the ''coolie'' in you:ohwell:

OMG so my friend used this word last week and I didn't even know what it meant...He was talking about that Ethiopian chick who did the vid on black women and he's like, "Are you sure she's Ethiopian she looks coolie to me..." And I looked it up and I was like wait you're allowed to call people that without being offensive?!!

on point. exactly what i meant.

people like to act brand new, but it's just silly. the girl has nice hair; period. I don't see the need to break down her DNA or whether there is heat damage, lace front, dax, ultra perm, pcj, juices n berries or soul glo on her head. like really?:spinning:
:lachen::lachen:
ahhh Dax lanolin! was business :grin:

Agreed! And don't forget Stacy Dash's beautiful head of hair AND the hundreds of brown skin women here with GORGEOUS hair---including MY ultimate hair idol---HAIRCRUSH!!! And lawd knows if beyonce posted that pic ---ibelieve she would be getting the exact same response in the forum...it's not ALWAYS a color issue ladies. ithink the issue in this case is the drastic texture change----whether its due to heat damage or genetics or hair products or whatever---it appears keisha's hair texture changed over the years.
Tis all :twocents:
xoxo

OMG so my friend used this word last week and I didn't even know what it meant...He was talking about that Ethiopian chick who did the vid on black women and he's like, "Are you sure she's Ethiopian she looks coolie to me..." And I looked it up and I was like wait you're allowed to call people that without being offensive?!!

WOOOOOOOW That is mad offensive, and it sounds like it just rolled off his tongue; is he at least Asian? And even then, DAMN! That hurt me. And really, that's a late 19th/early 20th century term, very few people use it or even know what it means, so maybe he thought it would go right over your head.

And now that I think about it, does HE even know what it means? LOL, I am just laughing because people use words and phrases all the time without knowing their history or true meaning, it's quite comical, actually.

Last edited:

Thank-you for this. We're on a hair forum and have been exposed to all different skin colors having all different types of hair. I think everyone is beyond the dark skin having good hurr :lachen::lachen::lachen:

WOOOOOOOW That is mad offensive, and it sounds like it just rolled off his tongue; is he at least Asian? And even then, DAMN! That hurt me. And really, that's an early 19th century term, very few people use it or even know what it means, so maybe he thought it would go right over your head.

Yea he def said it like it was nothing and I didn't even know what he meant. And nope he's actually black and latino (I forget which ethnicity). I gave him the confused dog head tilt like er?

Im getting the feeling that there is this underlying tone that 3 hair is desirable and worth lying for... when its not.... nicely styled healthy hair is desirable... i cant see someone lying about their natural hair pattern, for what reason? when she looks magnificent... Id be like yo, I have type 10 z hair and i made it do this and i look hot... I mean, really though... Yall wanna see some Shyttty type three hair... i think i got a picture on my fotki, check it out.. it may make someone feel better about their hair some how... lol ( im saying this all with a big smile on my face not intending to hurt feelings just saying... tis all)
OMG how did I miss that this was how it was being interpreted , God this hair typing paranoia sometimes blind sides me still

but I think it's sad that almost anything said now it is assumed that there is some type of hair type shame attached to it

geesh, it's tiring now. :wallbash:

Yea he def said it like it was nothing and I didn't even know what he meant. And nope he's actually black and latino (I forget which ethnicity). I gave him the confused dog head tilt like er?

Yea...that is kinda hilarious I mean, he probably either A) doesn't know what it means (in which case, why use it?) or B) he knows what it means and didn't think you knew what it meant, so he could get away with it or C) He's just hella ratchet

LMAO...I'm kind of betting on C.

Yea...that is kinda hilarious I mean, he probably either A) doesn't know what it means (in which case, why use it?) or B) he knows what it means and didn't think you knew what it meant, so he could get away with it or C) He's just hella ratchet

LMAO...I'm kind of betting on C.

No he def knew what it meant and the answer is C. lol. My friends say ridic stuff to me all the time. And I didn't know what it meant but I had good ol' Google to guide me, he told me anyway though and I was like uh dang that's offensive as heck! Maybe his mom uses it and he didn't realize it's offensive? Wait scratch that...he is always saying offensive things. Nevermind.:look:

No he def knew what it meant and the answer is C. lol. My friends say ridic stuff to me all the time. And I didn't know what it meant but I had good ol' Google to guide me, he told me anyway though and I was like uh dang that's offensive as heck! Maybe his mom uses it and he didn't realize it's offensive? Wait scratch that...he is always saying offensive things. Nevermind.:look:

Well...umm :look: how about them Packers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back