Keshia Knight is a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like heat training to me. Also, back then everyone used to comb the curl pattern out of black kids hair and it was just a big bush. The few times I saw rudy's hair not in a big comb out/blow dried bush, it looked like it would have some curl to it. Don't think she;s lying.

Yeahh, those are definitely not the curls she was born with. Her hair in the Cosby Show wouldn't have looked like this:

RudyHuxtable.jpg

with the type of hair that is in that picture. It would have looked silkier and been less full.

But for people to call her a liar is taking it too far. I read the article, and she never said that her hair was type 3 all her life...all she said was that it was very very curly and that she was always natural, except for a little bit in college. It's entirely possible that she had hair like EllePixie's or Irresistable's, where it's dense and full, but also featured clear and discernible curls. That kind of hair, with the proper manipulation, could become that Rudy Huxtable hair which she was famous for.

I mean...she admits to using frequent heat on squeaky clean hair, without any freaking heat protectant. And as everyone can see, she doesn't do that Kimmaytube press...she shoots for relaxer straight. After years of that, hell yeah she's gonna lose much of her curl pattern. Anyone would. Wonder woman would.

I don't know why people get so mad about other people's hair. Always so quick to try to call someone out on some perceived B.S. or shut them down....it's so not that serious and it's not on their heads. Why do they care so much? :ohwell:
cuz they're insecure and don't think girls like rudy can have hair "like that"

It's probably not even her hair, and she probably wasn't planning on people thinking it was. A lot of time these internet interviewers will just pull a picture off of the net to post with the interview, not really making sure it's an accurate or current picture of the person. That could be her sportin' her vacation weave--who knows.

This is possible. If she always wears her hair straight, it might be hard to even find a curly picture.

Her hair has been discussed here on the board before and I remember members talking about having seen her or met her when she was at Spelman. Someone said they saw her at a sorority event and she had her hair pulled back in a bun and there were visible waves. They said she appeared to be maybe a 3c. Hair can look looser when pulled back though. I know mine does.

looks like heat training to me. Also, back then everyone used to comb the curl pattern out of black kids hair and it was just a big bush. The few times I saw rudy's hair not in a big comb out/blow dried bush, it looked like it would have some curl to it. Don't think she;s lying.

This! :yep:

Im getting the feeling from a few of these comments that type 3 hair isn't able to "bush out" the way Keshia's hair was on The Cosby Show. That is why some are calling her a liar. That is why I am shaking my head at this thread because a coarse type 3 would definitely bush out that way, and bounce back into spiral ringlets with product.

I found the thread. A few members mentioned that they had met or seen her before.

I met her about 5 years ago, and she was definitely natural then. In college, Keisha had been my roommate's...spesch? (I have no idea what that is, but they said it all the time) and she came over for her Christmas party (btw, my old roommate must know your sister then! Small world!:D )

Anyway, her hair was in a bun, but she had waves for days. It was beautiful.

My sister and I know her too. :) I met her only once at a Spelman homecoming, but my older sister knows her very well. She pledged her (Eta Kappa Chapter of Delta) at Spelman college. She is definitely not relaxed..... she presses her hair.

I just turned to my sister (who is sitting next to me) and asked her to confirm. She laughed at me and was like, "Umm, no Keisha's hair natural!" :look:

Ya'all, I know absolutely nothing about the girl.... or her regimen for that matter. :lol: I didnt pledge Delta at Spelman along with them (I went to UMBC). I was introduced to her during tailgating at Homecoming one year. We met briefly, hugged as sorors, and that was it. I would guess that she has 3c hair and very thick naturally.

It's definitely possible for pressed hair to get that straight. I pressed my hair for a long time before i finally relaxed it. It got just as silky and straight when i pressed it, and looked exactly like my relaxer now. I only ended up relaxing it because it got annoying having to avoid the humidity/rain in the summer. But i will say that after pressing it for so long... when it got wet it did not puff back up into a kinky afro. It eventually becomes overprocessed and remains straight when it gets wet. Kind of hard to explain.... but it was a result of long term pressing for me.

Lauren450, Im sure they do! My sisters name is Nabs, and she pledged in Spring 1998. ;)

Ok, I got the dirt!

I sent my old roommate a message, and this was her reply:

yep, keesh is all natural... been that way for years... she presses it w/ceramics every week or so... she useta use basic pantene products...

:think: Maybe I should send Keshia a message on Myspace and see if I can get her regimen. She doesn't appear to have any heat damage, so she must be doing something right.

This! :yep:

Im getting the feeling from a few of these comments that type 3 hair isn't able to "bush out" the way Keshia's hair was on The Cosby Show. That is why some are calling her a liar. That is why I am shaking my head at this thread because a coarse type 3 would definitely bush out that way, and bounce back into spiral ringlets with product.

Yes, because back in the 80's hardly anyone knew how to take care of curly hair.

I didn't know I had curls until I went natural as an adult.

All pictures of me as a kid, the curls were brushed out, blown out, or pressed out--the only styling aid used was Ultra Sheen & Blue Magic :lol:

Um...LOLz at the comments on Curly Nikki...doing too too much.

LOLz at the title of this thread...fire starter!

I have no idea if that picture is her hair or not, I couldn't even find another pic of her hair curly online to mildly sleuth. If it takes more that 3.75 minutes, that's too much for good ol' Elle.

She needs to go on the CN comments and pull a
girlshoves.gif

I used to think Rudy's hair looked like mine as a child only her's was bigger. I'm a solid type 4 always have been. I'm thinking the pic in the OP may not be her actual hair. Also, in the interview she says when it's wet it looks like a Jheri curl I always thought type 3 hair gets straighter not curlier when wet due to the weight of the water. So that makes me believe she is not a type 3 at all. Based on her own words she is heat damaged/trained. She never mentioned hair type so I don't think she was misleading anyone but she makes things very clear, at least to me, with her words.

:yep: This was the case with my sisters and I growing up.

Yes, because back in the 80's hardly anyone knew how to take care of curly hair.

All pictures of me as a kid, the curls were brushed out, blown out, or pressed out--the only styling aid used was Ultra Sheen & Blue Magic :lol:

:lol:same here! My momma eventually got tired of pressing my hair, and just relaxed it. Like you, I didn't even know I had curls until I grew the relaxer out.

Yeahh, those are definitely not the curls she was born with. Her hair in the Cosby Show wouldn't have looked like this:

RudyHuxtable.jpg

with the type of hair that is in that picture. It would have looked silkier and been less full.

But for people to call her a liar is taking it too far. I read the article, and she never said that her hair was type 3 all her life...all she said was that it was very very curly and that she was always natural, except for a little bit in college. It's entirely possible that she had hair like EllePixie's or Irresistable's, where it's dense and full, but also featured clear and discernible curls. That kind of hair, with the proper manipulation, could become that Rudy Huxtable hair which she was famous for.

I mean...she admits to using frequent heat on squeaky clean hair, without any freaking heat protectant. And as everyone can see, she doesn't do that Kimmaytube press...she shoots for relaxer straight. After years of that, hell yeah she's gonna lose much of her curl pattern. Anyone would. Wonder woman would.

I don't know why people get so mad about other people's hair. Always so quick to try to call someone out on some perceived B.S. or shut them down....it's so not that serious and it's not on their heads. Why do they care so much? :ohwell:

ITA with the bolded.
I could not agree "harder" at the red...:ohwell:

All I have to say is, who knows if she's telling the truth or not.....now-a-days a full lace wig can be a person's own grown full head of hair and will have a disguising hairline to go with it.....:look:which I'm sure she has a closet full of, like pretty much all the other celebs who constantly change their hair.

I have thick 4b- ish hair, while my cousin has 3c hair. We got our hair done the same exact styles growing up, and our hair looked pretty much the same because all curls were combed and brushed out. The only difference? My ponytail would shrink, and not have much movement, while hers swang much like Rudy in that video where she pushed Vanessa.

ok I have read the article and I have to say I am not sure she is lying. I have 3 type hair but not thick and I know if I put a blow dryer in my hair I can get it looking just like they had her wearing her hair in the cosby show and I think that is the look they were going for. I can finger blow my hair dry and I will have the big frizz looks which use to be one of my style to wear to work in my 20's when I didn't feel like really doing my hair.

:yep::yep: i use to notice when I was teen getting relaxers that my hair would do nice wash and go's and that I had waves when I stretched, but as a kid, my hair was always combed out and bushy, so it didn't register that my hair was curly until I went natural about 7 years ago. Crazy how so many of us are discovering the basic nature of out hair at such a late stage.

LOL @ blue magic. That stuff smelled awful, but I liked the beigy looking one with the little specks in it. African Pride was also a staple in my house growing up. It smelled sooooo good:lick:

I'm not gonna call her a liar, but I could go either way on this....
Like others have said, I didn't know I had any curls until I went natural, so yes, when she was a kid, maybe her curls were brushed out. I also have parts of my hair that are heat damaged and my hair looks just like hers in that curly pic.

I don't think she's lying. Like others have stated her hair was combed//brushed out as a child. I'm 4a/b in the front and the whole back of my hair is 3b/c. I never knew I had curls until I went natural last year. It explained why I could never tell when I needed a relaxer by the back alone.

If you look at my pictures as a child my hair looked uniformed because it was brushed out.

All I can say is that I was OBSESSED with her hair when I was a little girl. She just had so much!

Rudy always had a head full of thick beautiful hair.

On The Cosby show they probably just fro'd it out because it wasn't like Denise's or Saundra- on a serious 1980's note.

lol at everyone coming up with reasons why she has loose 3's hair...Why do we need to come up with excuses..Comparing someone's hair pics from when they were 6-12 years old and someone who is 30...lol...Im sure if each of you compare your hair from when you were young and natural to now--its not the exact same.

I had a big *** afro when I was about 8. My mom cut my hair and I wore it short. We picked the hell out of it because leaving the curls clumped was sooo not the move. You wanted a big round fro. My mom had a big fro too. Now she has straight-ish 3a hair.

Ya'll don't know, curl pattern wasn't a big deal! No questions about "how can I get my curls to POP?" And the products we had...wasn't like they made our hair do anything special.

Even us 3's worked hard to get those bushy do's. LOL.

man this hair texture stuff is so stupid. supposed "regular black" girl has some curls and people mad like hell :giggle:

I don't know what to think. All I know is that it's funny that she didn't like her Rudy Huxtable Hair but that was the hair that all my friends and I wanted growing up. I LOVED her hair :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back